Alone time

Hey everyone! I'm really sorry about the super long hiatus! But the good news is I'm done with school and I should have a lot more time to write and publish! Thank you all for being so incredibly patient with me and I hope you enjoy this!!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanksgiving break had come to an end and Josh, Maya, and Farkle all had to leave to go back to school. Although they didnt have to stay at school long for Christmas was just right around the corner.

Riley had come back from Thanksgiving in Texas looking refreshed as well, seemed like her and Lucas had a great time in Texas making memories as Riley got closer with his family.

Josh and Maya were finally able to spend some time alone together as Farkle had offered to help Riley unpack and hang with her for the day. Josh and Maya both were very grateful for this as they decided to spend the day in Josh's dorm.

"I dont understand the point of unpacking if we're just going to leave again soon." Maya said as she was laying down on her back on Josh's bed with her hands behind her head staring at the ceiling.

"Because we're going to be here for another three weeks before we head back out for Christmas." Josh told her as he finished putting his stuff away. "Thanks for the help." He teased her as he went and laid down on top of her. She smiled and leaned up to kiss him. After a few seconds Josh pulled away and went to lay beside her while she moved to lay on her side and cuddle up to his chest. Josh was rubbing small patterns into her shoulder before he looked down at her.

"Maybe we should tell my family about us." He said. Maya sat up and looked at him shocked.

"Seriously?" She asked him. Josh shrugged his shoulders as he grabbed her hand.

"I dont know, it would finally give us a reason to be together during break, not being able to have anytime with you this Thanksgiving was torture." He said honestly. Maya bit her lip and shook her head.

"You should have said something, I could have gotten Farkle to cover for us while we went somewhere." Maya told him. It was true, Josh didnt tell her once that entire break that he wanted some alone time with her.

"That's just it, you were with Farkle all week. Plus Riley and Lucas weren't there, and I didnt want Farkle to feel uncomfortable with your family while you and I were somewhere kissing the heck out of each other." Josh admitted to her. Maya smiled.

"Well Riley and Lucas will be here this Christmas which will give us plenty of time alone together." Maya told him as she leaned in and kissed him again. Josh pulled away and sighed.

"Maybe we should tell our families anyway." Maya stared at him before sighing and leaning back on his head board.

"I thought you didnt want to tell anyone anything until we talked after the holidays." She told him. Josh nodded his head.

"I know, I just dont like lying to my family. And I know for a fact its killing you inside lying to Riley." Maya bit her lip and nodded.

"It is. But I still think we should wait till after the holidays, telling everyone over Christmas will be a mistake. Instead of relaxing and having fun, everyone will have their eyes on us and it will be impossible to enjoy ourselves. Especially when Riley isn't talking to me for not telling her that we are together." Josh nodded as he took her hand in his.

"Okay, we wait till after the new year, but then we tell them. Because no matter what happens to us, I dont want so spend my last few months here in New York lying to them." Maya nodded her head as she laced her fingers together with his and leaned in to kiss him again.

As Maya's lips touched Josh's he grabbed her by the waist and positioned her to where she was straddling him. They both got so caught up in the kiss that they didnt hear the door open.

"Seriously Josh! You couldn't have put a white sock on the door or something!"

Josh and Maya pulled away so fast that Josh hit his head on the head board. He put a hand on the back of his head as he looked up at the amused face of his roommate.

"Very funny." He winced as he rubbed his head. Maya looked down blushing as she tried to straighten out her shirt. Suddenly the biggest smile came on Andrews face.

"Wait a second, you two are finally together!" He yelled out ignoring the glare that was coming from Josh. "That's amazing! Finally Josh came to his senses, I was on your side the entire time, Maya." Andrew said as he came over and patted Maya on the shoulder.

"Um, I should go. I'll see you later, Josh. Bye Andrew." Maya waved as she grabbed her bag and made her way out of the room. It was silent for a minute before Andrew slapped Josh over the head.

"Ow! What the heck!" Josh yelled at his best friend.

"That was for not telling me you two were together!" He said as he crossed his arms. "It's about time too!" He said as his smile was peaking out over the glare he was trying to give Josh.

"Yeah, well we decided to keep it a secret." Josh told him. Suddenly Andrew's face deadpanned.

"Why do I even bother with you." He said as he shook his head. "You finally come to your senses, you finally get together with her, but then you decide that you're going to not tell anyone and cause more pain and heartache to the both of you in the end." Josh looked at him like he was a madman.

"It was her idea!" He said causing Andrew to slap him over the head again and Josh's glare to get even more deeper.

"Stop blaming her for everything! It takes two to make a relationship." He told him. Josh rolled his eyes.

"I'm going out." He grumbled. As he walked past Andrew he was greeted with another slap to the head. He turned around and glared even more.

"What. Was that. For." He demanded. Andrew shrugged his shoulders.

"I dont know, but you're bound to mess up again somewhere." Josh rolled his eyes and walked out of his dorm.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________