Topanga knows all

I'm trying to do as many updates as I possibly can this summer. There will be a few trips that I'm taking that I won't be able to update but hopefully by the time school starts back up in the fall, I'll be in a good place as far as my writing goes. Enjoy this next chapter!
____________________________
"Hello!" Riley yelled as she swung the door opened to her parents apartment.

"Riley!" Auggie exclaimed as he got down off of the couch and ran to hug Riley.

"Hello brother! For it is I that has returned from school for the day!" She exclaimed. Maya rolled her eyes at her best friend being over dramatic.

"Hey girls! How's college going?" Topanga asked as she came to the living room to hug Riley and Maya.

"It's incredible! I love my teachers, the people I've met are amazing and my grades are fantastic!" Riley exclaimed in her usual happiness.

"That's wonderful!" Topanga said before she turned to Maya. "Maya, how about you?" She asked excitedly.

"Eh." Maya replied as she plopped herself down on the couch and changed the channel that was on the tv. Topanga nodded her head.

"Alrighty then." She replied before she turned back to Riley. "Your father is running a little late. He had a meeting at school today." She made her way back into the kitchen.

"Did you get a costume for Halloween?" Auggie asked as he sat down beside Maya on the couch. Maya smiled as she turned to him.

"Yes I did. You'll have to wait until Halloween to find out what though." Maya teased him as she pinched his nose. Auggie laughed before getting up and going to the kitchen. Riley sighed as she sat at the table with her little brother.

"So, how are you and Lucas doing?" Topanga asked as she started making a salad for dinner. Riley chuckled to herself.

"I'm avoiding him at the moment." She mumbled. Topanga narrowed her eyebrows and watched as Maya shifted uncomfortably as she heard the conversation.

"Oh?" Topanga asked shocked. "And why is that?" Riley sighed as she lifted her head up with a new found anger in her eyes.

"Because he wants me to spend both holidays with him and his family this year. Thanksgiving and Christmas. He doesn't want to spend it here and he doesn't want me to either. Usually we can come to some kind of compromise on stuff like this but he's pretty adamant on this one." Riley admitted. Topanga kept watch on Riley as well as Maya as she listened to her daughter.

"Well as sure as I am that your father wouldn't agree to that, I can't tell you what to do. You're eighteen and living on your own now, there are some decisions that you have to make on your own now." Topanga told her. Riley sighed as she nodded her head and looked down. "As much as Christmas and thanksgiving wouldn't be the same ethicist you, You and Lucas are great together, I'm sure you'll figure it out." She told her daughter. Riley smiled up at Topanga. "Now. Auggie got a new costume that he's been waiting to show you all day." Riley smiled as Auggie grabbed her hand and pulled her down the hallway.

"You're going to love it!" Auggie yelled as Topanga heard the bedroom door shut.

"You!" She exclaimed as she pointed to Maya. Maya's head shot up and looked over at Topanga. "Daughter number two, get over here." Maya smiled as she turned off the tv and went over to sit down at the table. "What's going on with you? Do you know something that Riley doesn't?" She asked Maya as she sat all her salad stuff down and sat across from Maya. Maya bit her lip.

"How did you know?" She asked Topanga. Topanga scoffed as she pointed at herself.

"Come on Maya, who do you think you're talking too?" She asked sarcastically. "Now spill. What's going on?" She asked. Maya sighed as she looked down at her hands.

"Lucas wants Riley for both holidays because he's planning on proposing to her during Christmas." Topanga's eyes widened as she took in what Maya had just told her.

"Oh boy." She replied as she started to feel queezy. "Maya are you sure?" She asked in conformation.

"He told me when I confronted him on why Riley was so upset." Maya told her. Topanga sighed as she looked down the hallway and then back at Maya.

"Oh boy." She repeated.

"We tried to talk him out of it but he's dead set on doing it this Christmas. I feel bad because I can't tell Riley what's going on and I'm afraid she's going to walk into something that she can't get out of." Maya admitted.

"You think she'd say yes?" Topanga asked. Before Maya could answer Topanga cut her off. "Of course she'd say yes, she's Riley." Maya nodded her head.

"I've tried, Farkle's tried, even Josh said some things to him but he's not budging." Topanga raise her eyebrow at Maya.

"Since when did you and Josh start talking?" She asked. Maya gave Topanga and shocked look.

"I thought we were talking about Riley and Lucas?!" Maya asked. Topanga nodded.

"Unfortunately I can't do anything about it." Topanga answered Maya. "Cory and I did the same thing when we were their age and for me to look at Riley and Lucas and tell them that it's wrong would be very hypocritical." Maya nodded knowing that Topanga was right. "This is something that I'm going to have to talk to Cory about when the time comes. We can't say anything to Riley, we're going to have to act like we don't know until it actually happens and then deal with it." Maya sighed as she knew that Topanga was right.

"I just hate it. She's my best friend." Maya told her. Topanga nodded her head as she rested her hand on Maya's.

"And she's my daughter." She replied. A moment of silence went between the two before Topanga ended it. "So, you and Josh."
_______________________________
This chapter seemed a little rushed on my part. I'm trying to get both story lines in there as much as I can. Don't worry more joshaya on the way! Love y'all!