Shock Of A Lifetime

Hey you wonderful, beautiful people! Hope you guys are enjoying this story. I'm really excited about this story and the outcome of it. I have the rest of the chapters lined up in my mind. So hopefully you guys enjoy this!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"So that's the story." Adrianna told Maya as they sat there. She had just gotten done telling Maya the whole story about everything that had happened between her and Josh that morning.

Maya sat there on the bed staring at the floor. She didnt know what to say, or what to believe. Farkle had made it sound much more scandalous than what had really happened. She didnt know what to think.

"So, Josh really said he was going to give up going to LA for me?" Maya asked her. A new thought had popped up into her mind. She wasn't worth that.

"Maya, you're the only person that he would ever do that for. He would never do that for anyone, probably not even his own family. If you were to look at him and ask him to stay, he wouldn't hesitate. That's rare Maya, dont throw it away."

Maya didnt say anything she just kept staring at the ground. Adrianna looked around awkwardly as she waited for Maya's reply. When nothing came she stood up from the chair and smiled in Maya's direction.

"Well, I'm going to head out. I do hope you'll think this over and give Josh another chance. I really wish I could have something with someone like you do with Josh." She smiled one more time over at Maya before heading out the door and leaving the room.
~
"And that's what happened." Josh finished his story and took a deep breath as he stared over at Simon who was leaning against the brick wall. "Well, what do you think?" Simon looked down at his watched and sighed before looking up at Josh annoyed.

"I think Maya is going to kick my ass for skipping class. I'm not sure your worth that. Even with the story you just told me." Josh rolled his eyes.

"Unbelievable." He muttered under his breath. Simon sighed before he came off the brick wall and put his backpack over his shoulder.

"I dont like you." He told Josh. "I dont trust you, and if there was one person in this school that I could throw under a buss, it would be you." Josh groaned. What made him think he could go to Simon again? "But," Josh snapped his head up. "You make Maya happy, happier than anyone else. And as much as I hate to believe you, I do." Josh let out a breath of relief.

"So you'll help me?" Josh asked him. Simon stared at him.

"I'll let Maya know that I think you're telling the truth. But I'm not going to pressure her into taking you back. That's a decision that only she can make." Josh bit his lip but then nodded his head. It was better than nothing.

"Fair enough."
~
Adrianna had left ten minutes ago. Maya was still sitting on the bed thinking over everything that she had told her. She owed Josh an apology, she knew that for sure. But he had still forgotten about her after Adrianna's text came through. And then even after he had remembered, he still didnt text or call to let her know what had happened. Was it wrong of her to still feel this angry? Was Josh even planning on telling her?

Before Maya could go into any more detail in her head about what was going on with her and Josh. Riley had walked through the door and smiled at Maya as she walked over to her bed and plopped down on it.

"Whats up?" She asked her. Maya shook her head as she glanced over at her best friend.

"I'm just thinking about some things." Maya leaned back on her pillows just as Riley had and stared at the ceiling.

"About Josh?" Riley asked. Maya could tell there was a hint of a smirk on her face.

"Nothing gets past you does it, Riles?" Maya joked. Riley laughed and shrugged her shoulders.

"Just wondering if you and him have worked things out yet. If there's hope for you then maybe there's hope for the rest of us." Riley told her. Maya narrowed her eyebrows and looked over at Riley. Her eyes traveled over her to see what had been different about her.

Her eyes scanned over her body before she saw it. Her hand. There was something off, or rather, something missing. Didnt Lucas say he was going to propose to Riley at New Years? Why hasnt she heard the big new by now? Are they keeping it on the down low? Was that why she wasnt wearing the ring?

"So..." Maya trailed off. "You never told me how New Years was with Lucas." She glanced over at Riley, who was laid back and still staring at the ceiling. "How was it? Did anything interesting happen?" She asked. Riley didnt say anything at first. Maya waited for her to speak.

"Nothing much." She replied. Maya raised her eyebrows.

"What is much?" She asked looking over at her best friend. Riley sighed and sat up on the bed.

"He proposed." She stated. Maya tried to look shocked and happy.

"Thats amazing Riles! Congrats!" She exclaimed as she sat up in the bed as well. But Riley wasnt smiling. Maya looked confused. "Thats not amazing?" She asked as more of a question.

"I said no." Now this was very shocking to Maya. Her eyes were wide and her mouth slightly open.

"You what?" Riley chuckled. She seemed to know the difference between Maya's shocked face and her real shock face. But she didnt comment on it.

"I wanted to marry him. When he asked I was so shocked, and I didnt know what to say. So I didnt say anything at all. Then he got kind of nervous and I ran off." Riley told her. Maya raised her eyebrows.

"You ran away?" Maya gaped. Riley sighed and nodded.

"I feel so bad, Maya. He proposed right at midnight in front of all his family and friends. And I panicked and ran away." Maya got up and walked over to her bed to sit down beside her. She placed a hand on Riley's shoulder in a comforting way.

"So what happened? Now that I think about it, I havent seen you two spend any time alone together." Maya told her.

"That's because we havent. Not since we broke up."

Before Maya could say anything else a knock was on the door. She looked over at the door and then back towards Riley.

"We're not done talking about this." Maya told her before she got up to open the door. What was on the other side, shocked her completely. Riley got up to stand beside her, mouth agape

"Dad?"
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
And I dont mean Shawn...