It's a hard pill to swallow

I keep apologizing because of how much time it takes for me to do an update, I know y'all are probably tired of hearing it but I am sorry for how long it is taking me to update. I am doing the best I can under the circumstances with school. Anyway, I hope y'all enjoy!!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"So we should talk." Maya said as she was laying down in Josh's arms in his dorm room. They were on his bed with her flat on her back and him on his side with his arm around her waist drawing circles on her exposed skin on her side because of her shirt riding up. His other hand was supporting his head as he rested his elbow on the pillow beside her head.

"About?" He asked. Maya shrugged as she started to run her finger up and down his forearm.

"Everything, starting with Lucas and Riley." She said looking up into his eyes. Josh sighed as he looked down at her finger for a second before looking back up at her.

"I dont like it either, but its not our place to call them out on it." He said honestly. Maya raised an eyebrow.

"That was not what you were saying when you confronted Lucas that one day." She said causing him to nod his head.

"That was more for my piece of mind." He admitted. Maya shook her head in confusion. "Look, I dont think that Lucas would intentionally hurt Riley. Him wanting to propose to Riley might be a little out there for my taste but, that's his decision. Saying yes or no is Riley's, we cant make that call for her." He told her. Maya stared down at Josh and let out a sigh.

"I just dont want to see her throw her life away." Maya answered honestly. Josh narrowed his eyebrows.

"You think her marrying Lucas would be a mistake?" He asked curious. Maya shook her head.

"I think Riley and Lucas are perfect for each other, but I also think that making one wrong move could cost them everything they could ever have together. I dont know, marrying in college just seems a little too risky, especially in your first year." Maya said. Josh nodded his head in understanding.

"Cory and Topanga did it." He said. Maya laughed.

"We're not Cory and Topanga. Maybe its time to stop acting like we are." She said with a shrug of her shoulders. "I just think that if Lucas really wants to marry Riley now then he will still want to marry her after we graduate." Riley told him. Josh smiled as he took his hand that was on her waist and brought it up to crease her cheek.

"I know that all you want to do is protect Riley, and now that Lucas wants to marry her that protective nature you have for her is going into overdrive. But you cant interfere with everything that she does. You have to let her make her own decisions. She is her own person, just like you are. Just like she needs to let you make your own decisions. I told you one time that high school is your last stop until you grow up, that acceptance letter from NYU was the start of a whole new beginning for you and your friends. Now is where you all will start going your own ways, making your own decisions, taking different classes, figuring out who you want to be. This is it, Maya." He told her. Maya stared at him for a while before letting out a breath and nodding her head.

"Those acceptance letters should really come with a warning label on them." She joked causing Josh to laugh before leaning down and kissing her. Maya let him take the lead on things for a few minutes before she pushed him back slightly and ran her hands through his hair. "We should also talk about what's going to happen after you graduate." Maya told him. Josh swallowed hard and shook his head.

"We have a while before we have to have that conversation." Josh told her. Maya nodded her head.

"I know, I know, but I really want to know where we stand before you make the decision to go be in the FBI. I dont want to hold you back from doing what it is that you want to do just because we dont want to be away from each other for the next three years." Maya said what was on her mind. Josh smiled.

"Lets see where we are when it gets closer time for me to graduate. Then we will sit down and have this discussion, I promise." He told her. Maya was hesitant for a second before she nodded her head and agreed that was what they would do. "Now can we please get back to what we were doing before something else happens and you or I one have to leave?" He asked. Maya blushed before she brought her hand to the back of his neck and brought him back down to her lips.

~

Josh and Maya made out and fooled around for another hour before she decided that she should get back and see how much progress Riley had made on their room.

"I have to go." She told him as she grabbed her jacket putting It on. He gave her a pouty look before getting off the bed and going over to wrap her up in a hug.

"Come back later?" He asked hopefully. Maya sighed as she shook her head.

"If I keep sneaking around too much everyone is going to get suspicious. There is a part of Riley that is already mad at me because she thinks that I am keeping secrets from her." Maya told him as she gave in and rested her hands on his chest against his sweater that he was wearing. Josh shrugged his shoulders.

"I mean, its true." He teased. Maya rolled her eyes and playfully pushed his shoulder back.

"Shut up, that's not the point." She said. Josh smiled before leaning in and kissed her for a few good seconds before pulling back again.

"Stay safe." He said. She nodded her head.

"Always." She gave him one more peck before grabbing her bag and making her way out of the dorm.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading. I'm not sure how much longer I am going to do this story for. I have a good idea of how I want to end it I'm just not sure how much longer I'm going to go before I do end it. Anyway, I hope y'all enjoyed and dont forget to comment and vote!!