Thanksgiving break

It was different being here at the Matthews without Riley. Maya and Farkle had stuck together through out the entire week of their vacation. Josh and Maya hadnt been able to have any time together because of how many people were in the house. They couldn't sneak off to be together without it looking suspicious.

"I don't get it." Farkle said as him and Maya made their way through the mall. They had decided to do their Christmas shopping for their family and friends together, a tradition that Maya and Riley use to do every thanksgiving. But now that Riley isn't here she decided Farkle would be a good substitute. "If you and Josh are happy together than why not just go ahead and tell everyone." Farkle told her as they got in line at the food court to eat some lunch.

"I already told you, Josh and I are able to be together without there being any drama, it's kind of nice." She stated simply as she averted her eyes to the menu up above. Farkle sighed as he shook his head.

"I think it's ridiculous. The end of the year is coming up and it's going to be here faster than you think. You two need to sit down and have this conversation soon or else you both are going to regret it later." He told her.

"And we will, just after the holidays are over and things settle down." Farkle rolled his eyes as they ordered their food and took a seat isolated from the rest of the food court so they could have some privacy.

"Have you guys been able to talk at all since you've been here?" Farkle asked her. Maya frowned as she started to pick at her food.

"No, I've been with you all week. That and my family has been everywhere. We've texted a little back and forth but nothing beyond that." Maya told him. Farkle smiled as he glanced up at her before looking down at his food.

"I like seeing you like this." He told her causing Maya to give him a confused look.

"What, frustrated?" Maya asked causing Farkle to chuckle and shake his head.

"No, happy. It's a good look on you." Maya rolled her eyes but let out a smile as she stared up at him.

"Farkle Minkus, if only every guy was like you." Maya stated causing him to shrug.

"Every guy or Josh?" He retorted causing Maya to laugh. "I'm serious Maya, it seems like ever since Shawn came into your life, you've been different. Then this happens with Josh and I don't think I've ever seen you on cloud nine." Maya raised her eyebrow at Farkle and picked at her food more.

"What are you saying?" She asked him. Farkle but his lip and set down his fork before giving Maya his full attention.

"I'm saying that sometimes it's okay to be selfish. Sometimes you have to fight for what you want knowing that in the long run it will be better for the both of you." Maya still didn't quite understand what Farkle was saying. "If you're faced with the choice of letting Josh go or keeping him, it's okay to put your own feelings first." Maya nodded her head as things began to click.

"I see." She stated. "When Josh and I sit down and have this conversation I'm going to do what I think is right. I'm not going to stand in the way of him doing this if it's what he wants."

"Do you think this is what he wants?" Farkle asked her as he sat back in his chair and folded his arms.

"Well yeah, Josh has only wanted to be in the FBI for as long as I've known him." Maya told him.

"So you're prepared to break up with him so he will go and follow his dream." Farkle told her. Maya felt her heart drop into her stomach as the reality of what Farkle was saying was slowly kicking in.

"If that's what it takes." She said slowly. Farkle nodded his head.

"Then why are you with him?" Maya's eyes widened as she was comprehending what Farkle was saying.

"Farkle!" She snapped causing him to shrug his shoulders.

"I'm being serious! Why are you still with Josh If in the end you know you two are just going to break up so he can go and be in the FBI?" Farkle asked her dead serious.

"I-i don't know." Maya stuttered as all of this was getting to her.

"Well I do." Farkle said. "Of course Josh wants to go into the FBI. It's all he's ever worked towards! But has it ever occurred to you that just maybe he wants you just a little bit more than the FBI? That if he decides to stay here with you then maybe that means that you come now and FBI May come later?" Maya swallowed hard as she thought about all of this.

"I don't know." She said after a moment of silence. "What I do know is that Josh and I have a good thing going right now, I don't want to ruin it yet. After the holidays, when we decide what we decide, you'll be the first to know." Maya told him. Farkle sighed but nodded his head. Right now was not the moment to argue with Maya about this. Instead he smirked and picked his fork back up.

"I'll be the first, huh? Moving up in the ranks of friendship?" He teased her causing Maya to shrug her shoulders.

"Yeah well, Riley abandoned me for huckleberry, you on the other hand have been here since the beginning."Maya told him. Farkle gave her a genuine smile.

"And I always will." Both teens smiled at each other before they looked down and started eating the rest of their food.
________________________________
Sorry this chapter took me a while to write due to some writers block. But I'm good now! Hope you enjoyed and I hope everyone has a happy thanksgiving!