Halloween

This will be the last update for a couple of weeks.
____________________________
Maya finished putting on the black lipstick before she stepped back and observed her costume. Her and Riley decided to do matching ones with Auggie. Ava was coming with them for trick or treating as well. Auggie was going as the cowardly lion while Ava was going as Dorothy. Riley and Maya decided to both go as the witches. Riley the good witch and Maya the evil one.

"We look amazing!" Riley squealed as she took a picture of both her and Maya. Someone knocked on the door.

"It's open!" Maya yelled as she put her makeup away. Josh opened the door and looked a little taken back at Maya's costume.

"Whoa, wicked witch of the west. Appropriate." He said causing Maya to glare at him and stick her middle finger up at him. Josh smiled before he once again gave his keys to Riley.

"Don't forget to lock it once you get where you're going." Josh told them as he started to move towards Maya.

"We're just going to leave it at mom and dads and take the subway." Riley told him causing Josh's eyebrows to raise.

"On Halloween? I don't think so." Josh told them both as he shook his head. Maya narrowed her eye brows at him.

"Since when have you become our legal guardian?" She asked sassily. Josh rolled his eyes.

"Look I just think that you both would be safer to take the car instead of the subway. Don't question me on it." Josh told her. Riley sighed before putting her shoes on.

"We're not five, Josh. Our parents were letting us go on the subway by ourselves since we were twelve." Riley told him.

"Yeah but Halloween is a different story. There's a lot of creeps that come out. Everyone is in costume so it wouldn't look weird for them to be dressed up as a robber or maybe have what looks like a fake gun in their hand. I don't like it and I don't like Auggie being out in it either." Josh told them. "And I bet if I were to call Cory up right now he'd agree with me." Maya sighed before she got up and Riley walked out of the room to go to the bathroom.

"The streets are going to be crowded and it's going to take us forever to drive to the street that we are going to. What do you suggest we do, Einstein?" Maya asked sarcastically.

"At least take Farkle and Lucas with you if you take the subway." Josh told her. Maya shook her head.

"Can't do that. Riley still isn't talking to Lucas and Simon is taking Farkle to a party on campus. They've been planning that for weeks and Farkle's been looking forward to it. I'm not taking that away from him." Josh sighed before looking away from he for a moment and thinking. After a minute he looked back over at Maya and nodded his head.

"Fine. Then I'm going with you." Josh to her causing Maya's face to fall.

"You can't be serious." She told him.

"There is no way I'm letting you and my niece and nephew go out there alone. So if you can't get the other guys to go with you then I will." He told her. Maya scoffed.

"Sexist much?" She asked sarcastically. Josh rolled his eyes.

"Maya, do you or Riley one know how to fight someone off if they came at you on the street?" Josh asked her. Maya scoffed again.

"Do you?" She retorted. Josh nodded his head with a smirk on his face.

"As a matter of fact, I do. I took fighting lessons." Josh told her causing Maya to laugh.

"You mean those karate lessons you took when you were six and ten quit a month later? Yeah Josh, real impressive." Maya said still laughing. Josh rolled his eyes.

"Not those lessons, I'm talking about the ones I took for the first two years I came to NYU." Josh told her. Maya raised an eye brow.

"Riley never told me about those." Josh nodded his head.

"That's because Riley didn't know. I didn't tell anyone." Maya sighed.

"Why did you stop?" She asked curiously. Josh shrugged his shoulder.

"I don't know. I met Adrianna and she thought that it was stupid and took up a lot of my time so I stopped." Josh told her causing Maya to laugh again.

"Awe, Joshy." She teased him. Josh rolled his eyes.

"Shut up! Look it doesn't matter how I know how to fight, what matters is that I do! Now I'm coming with you and Riley and that's final." Josh told her. Maya rolled her eyes.

"Why do you have to be so frustrating?" Maya asked as she ran a hand through her hair before turning around to grab her witch hat that was on her bed.

"Hey I'm just trying to protect you and Riley from something terrible happening!" Josh told her. Maya rolled her eyes.

"We're eighteen Josh! Adults! What are you going to do when you leave for Virginia after you graduate?" Maya asked him. Josh look at her confused.

"What are you talking about? Maya I told you that I may not take that job."

"Are you going to have the FBI from New York keep an eye on us?" Maya asked as she completely ignored him.

"Are you even listening to me?" He asked her with a sigh.

"I mean seriously, Josh. You'll have to let go at some point." Maya kept on talking while Josh tried to stop her.

"If you don't quit talking in the next five seconds I'm going to kiss you." Josh mumbled on purpose so that Maya wouldn't hear it.

"One, two, three, four, five." Josh counted out loud over Maya's yelling at him before he grabbed her by the waist and kissed her.

For a moment Maya was frozen in shock. She did not expect Josh to do what he was doing. After a couple on seconds it's like Maya had forgotten who she was kissing and started to kiss back.

"Whoa!" Josh and Maya pulled apart and Maya pushed Josh away as hard as she could. "I just came to let you know that I was ready to go." Riley told Maya as her eyes were as big as saucers.

"Um, Riley Josh wants to go with us." Maya said as she kept her gaze at the floor. Riley nodded.

"Does he now." She said. Josh smiled at her while Maya looked everywhere except for Josh and her. "I'll go wait in the car." Riley said as she nodded and awkwardly walked out.

"Why did you kiss me?" Maya asked. Josh shrugged his shoulders.

"I told you if you didn't shut up then I would kiss you. If you didn't hear me then it's your own fault." Josh said smugly. Maya's scoffed.

"You can't just kiss me whenever you feel like it!" Maya yelled at him. Josh shrugged his shoulders.

"I didn't. I gave you a fair warning." Maya scoffed again before she rolled her eyes and walked past Josh. "I think it's cute how you're trying to pretend like you didn't enjoy it, especially when you kissed back." Josh yelled after her as he turned the light off in her dorm and shut the door.

"Screw off!" He heard her voice from down the hall causing him to smile.
_______________________________
I hope you enjoyed!