Depressing Apologies

Hey everyone! I'm getting closer and closer to rapping this story up, but that just means that I'll most likely be publishing a new story soon afterwards. Most likely another Joshaya story. Hope you guys enjoy!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The start of February meant many things for many people. It meant the start of final exams were coming up, meaning that stress levels were high. It meant that the seniors were planning more and more parties as a goodbye to their friends at school. Senior pranks were happening everywhere, and teachers were becoming more and more strict in class. But also, Valentines day was coming up. And everyone everywhere was hooking up with someone.

"Do you think they practice holding their breath under water to train for this type of thing?" Maya asked as she took another bite of her sandwich.

"Who knows, I feel like we're back in high school." Riley said shaking her head as she stared on at the couple that was shamelessly making out in front of them, in front of the entire food court.

"Well, as long as we're going back in time. How about you and I do what we used to do back when we didnt have boyfriends." Maya told her. Riley smiled.

"Galentine's day?" She asked excited. Maya laughed as she threw a fri at her best friend's childish excitment.

"What's Galentines day?" Simon asked as he sat down at the table with them. Setting his food down in front of him. Maya and Riley looked at each other and laughed.

"Galentine's day is what me and Riley called Valentines day when we're single. It's when instead of buying our boyfrind's gifts and spending time with them, we buy each other gifts and eat abunch of junk food while watching cheesy romantic movies." Maya said.

"We then cry and make fun of the movies as well as each other as we think about our patheitc love lives." Riley finished.

"That sounds awful." Simon said honestly. Maya luaghed as she threw a fri at him as well.

"That's the point. it's the only time of year that we give ourselves to feel bad for ourselves." Riley told him. Maya sat back in her chair.

"You two shouldnt put yourselves through that." Simon stated as he took a bite of his sandwitch. "I mean, you're both beautiful women. You're confiedent, you're fearless. You should know your self worth. Women should never let a man defy them, have Galentine's day, but dont treat it like its a depressing day. Treat is as a day to build yourselves up after the hellish relationships you just got out of. Their loss, you know?" He took another bite of his sandwitch.

Riley and Maya both stared at him shocked as he continued eating like nothing out of the ordanary had just happened. He wiped his mouth with a napkin before looking up and staring between the two of them with confusion.

"What?" He asked. "I have sisters, I know how girls act when they get out of a relationship." He stated. Both Riley and Maya smiled at him, they didnt have to say anything, Simon knew what they were expressing.

"Anyway, we'll have to do Galentine's day late on Valentine's. I'm supposed to head back to mom and dad's for the afternoon that Friday." Riley told Maya. "We're supposed to be having a party for Josh." Maya's face fell.

Josh's birthday was on Valentines. She didnt forget, in fact, it was all she had been able to think about ever since the pink and red decorations had come out all over campus. She had just been hoping to avoid it.

"Are you going to come?" Riley asked her. Maya sighed as she suddenly didnt feel like eating the rest of her food.

"I dont know, I dont want your parents to think that there is anything wrong. But it might be too awkward anyway between the two of us." Maya told her.

"I thought you two patched things up?" Simon asked her. After Maya had her talk with Josh, a few days later Simon had shown up to make good of his promise to Josh and try to talk to Maya. But Maya assured him that she had already patched things up  with Josh, and that he didnt have to grit his teeth any longer about saying nice things about Josh.

"We did, but I dont know, everything is just weird now."  Maya said.

"Well is has to be better than me and Lucas. Our talk didnt go as well as yours and Josh's. Zay mentioned something the other day about him thinking about transfering to Texas next fall." Riley said quietly. Simon watched the two girls in front him as they both sighed. He chewed his food slowly before getting out of his seat and grabbing his things.

"I've got some last minute studying to do before my next class. I'll catch the both of you later." He told them. Maya watched him walk away with a guilty face. She now felt bad because now Simon was depressed from their depressed attitudes.

Simon's seat didnt stay empty for long. Farkle plopped down in the seat beside them. He looked hesitant at first and Maya knew why. Farkle had been avoiding her and Josh ever since the truth of what had happened came out. Maya knew he felt guilty and blamed himself for the reason her and Josh had ended things.

"Hey Farkle, where you been lately?" Riley asked. Farkle kept looking down at the table before he sighed and looked up at Maya.

"Maya, I'm-"

"Stop." Maya interrupted him. "Farkle you dont have to apologize." She told him. Farkle nodded his head.

"Yes I do. I should have confronted Josh myslef and talked to him first to let him explain. I should have never jumped the gun like that and tell you what it was that I thought I saw." He told her. Maya could see the guilt in his eyes, he had been kicking himself way too hard.

"Farkle you were just trying to protect me. You know as well as anyone how much I've been hurt in the past. You just wanted to make sure that didnt happen again. Your heart was in the right place. You did something that meant more to me that anything else I could think of." Maya spoke truthfully and from the heart. Farkle sighed and nodded his head.

"Well, I've been trying to gain up the courage and come talk to you all week. I need to go find Josh and talk to him. I'm tempted to take someone with me." Farkle said. Maya smiled.

"Josh gives you any crap, come get me." She told him. Maya leaned in and kissed his cheek. Farkle blushed and nodded up at Maya.

"Riley, I heard what happened with Lucas." Farkle said. "I'm really sorry."

"Nothing you did, Farkle. Things were just moving too fast for me." She told him. An idea struck Maya like gold.

"Why dont all three of us spend Valentines day together?" Maya asked. "You know, just the three of us like it used to be. Since Smackle wont be able to come, there isnt any reason that we cant. It will be just like the old days." Maya told them. For the first time that day, all three of them broke out into real smiles.

"That sounds amazing." Riley said.

"I'm in." Farkle replied. He scooted his chair closer to the girls and they shared their food with them.

For the first time all year, Maya felt like she really belonged here at this school. Right here, with her two best friends.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This was more of a filler chapter, just to kind of clear a couple of things up. Thanks for reading! I hope you guys enjoyed! Till next time!