Her Friend Josh

The weekend had come and gone real quick for Maya. But spending time with her family and putting her troubles with her dad behind her for a while really put her in a better mood.

It was the start of February and graduation was only three months away. Teachers had started announcing end of the year projects and test and exams. Maya decided she was going to focus on getting past all her exams before she decided what to do about her father.

So far her Freshman year of college had been nothing but drama and she was started to wish she had just gone out of state for college, if she could get into NYU, then surely there was some other college that would have accepted her, even if it was just for her art.

Maya wanted to take these last few months of school and just make something out of her freshman year that she actually wanted to look back on and remember. No boyfriends, no drama, just having fun.

"Hey!" Riley exclaimed as Maya walked through the door of the dorm with her stuff. "Come on dont be greedy! Show me pictures of him!" Riley said excitedly. Maya laughed as she pulled her phone out and scrolled through the pictures of Chet. Riley squealed as she took the phone and sat down on the bed. "Maya! He's beautiful! He has your eyes!" She told her. Maya laughed.

"He's such a goober. I cant wait to get to know him as he grows up." She smiled softly.

"You're taking me to your house next weekend and I'm meeting him." Riley told her causing Maya to laugh.

"I didnt want to leave him. He's so small and innocent. Part of me felt like I needed to be there to protect him." Maya admitted. Riley giggled.

"You'll have plenty of time for that after college." She told her. Riley handed Maya back her phone. Maya smiled at her.

"Have you spoken to Lucas?" Maya asked her. The smile on Riley's face vanished.

"Have you spoken to Josh?" She retorted. Maya scoffed but nodded her head.

"Alright, alright. Well played." She responded. "Our situations are completely different though. Just for the record." Maya told her with a sarcastic smile.

"No they really aren't. Josh didnt really cheat on you, Maya. I think you should give him a chance to explain his side, even though you already know. At least before graduation and he goes off to LA." Maya's head snapped up.

"He's taking the job?" She asked. Riley was hesitant in answering before shrugging her shoulders.

"I dont know. Every time I ask, he changes the subject. I think that all depends on you, honestly." Maya looked at the ground and nodded her head.

"Well I think it will be good for him. It's his dream, when is he ever going to get another chance like this?" She asked her. Riley didnt say anything.

"Maya, if he takes the job then great. But dont let him leave New York still thinking that you hate him. Set things straight." She told her. Maya sighed.

"Sounds like you need to take your own advice." Riley sighed.

"Okay how about this. Let's make a deal. I'll talk to Lucas if you talk to Josh." Riley smirked. Maya glared. If Maya didnt know any better she would have sworn that Riley had planned this.

"Riley seriously?" She asked. Riley shrugged her shoulders.

"Come on, Maya. You want me to talk to Lucas, I want you to talk to Josh. This seems the only way we can do what the other wants."

"This is ridiculous." Maya mumbled. Riley raised her eyebrows. "Fine." She sighed. "When?" She asked.

"No time like the present, I guess." Riley stated. Maya could feel her nerves getting the best of her. They both got up from their seats and stared at each other.