Anger and phone conversations

I understand that I have been off the grid over the past couple of weeks and I apologize for that. School has got me dragged.
______________________
Josh was miserable. He dragged his feet as he went into his dorm room and fell face first on his bed. Andrew, who was sitting on his bed reading on of his comics, sighed as he observed his roommate.

"I take it the breakup didn't go very well." Andrew said as he put his comic down and rested his head on his backboard. Josh sighed as he sat up from his bed.

"I don't know what to do. I tried to breakup with her but when she opened her door she said that her grandmother had died. She was torn to pieces and for me to break up with her right after that would be cold hearted and selfish." Josh explained making Andrew sigh.

"Life if going to move on Josh. Rather we like it or not stuff like this happens and we can't bend over backwards to make people feel better when all we're really doing is making ourselves and the people around us suffer." Andrew said making Josh bite the inside of his jaw as he started to think.

"I just don't know if I can break her heart like that." Josh spoke shaking his head.

"Yet, you don't have a problem breaking Maya's." Josh felt uncontrollable anger at that moment. He got off of his bed and pulled Andrew up by the collar of his shirt.

"Whoa man, take it easy!" He yelled as he pushed Josh off of him.

"You don't know anything Andrew! So stop trying to act as if you do!" Josh yelled making Andrew scoff as he straightened out his shirt.

"Look man, I know more than you think. You say you can't break Adrianna's heart because it would be selfish but yet, Maya's running around with a heart that shatters a little bit more every time she sees you with Adrianna! I'm starting to think she did the right thing by saying yes to Simon." Andrew said making Josh narrow his eyes.

"What do you mean 'yes to Simon'?" Josh asked making Andrew shake his head.

"Out of all that, that's the only thing you here!? Unbelievable." Josh ignored him and asked him once again what he meant. "Simon asked her to be his girlfriend and she said yes. It's all over campus!" Andrew said making Josh shake his head in anger and grab his keys before Leaving the room, slamming the door behind him.
                             --
Maya smiled down at the text that she had just now gotten from her boyfriend.

Simon: See you at six! 😘

Maya wrote back a small reply before going back to her math homework. Simon had gotten done with all of his classes that morning and went out with some friends from his class for the rest of the afternoon. Luckily for Maya, Simon had taught her enough about her own math homework that she didn't need him that much anymore. As she went back to writing her problem down her phone started to ring making her smile as she looked at the caller ID.

"Hey mom." She answered as sh started out the conversation.

"Hey baby girl! Shawn and I want to know if you can come by and stay this weekend. We miss you!" Maya smiled at the offer. She missed her parents too and really could take a break from this place.

"That sounds like fun! When do you want me to come by?" She asked as she put her math book to the side and got out her planner.

"Maybe around four on Friday? You'll be done with your classes by then right?" Maya smiled and nodded before remembering that her mom couldn't see her.

"Yep! Sounds great! Can't wait to see you guys." Maya finished thinking this would be the end of the conversation.

"You too! So tell me honey how is school going?" Maya smiled at the thought of being able to tell her family about her new boyfriend.

"The schoolwork still sucks but thanks to my new boyfriend math is getting easier."Maya said not being able to control the smile on her face when her mom gasped over the phone.

"You mean you and Josh worked things out? Oh honey that's great maybe you can bring him by on Friday a well! Does the Matthews know you two are together now?" Maya frowned at her mothers assumption.

"Actually mom it isn't Josh." There was silence. Nothing but silence.

"Is he at least someone we know?" Maya could hear the fake excitement in her mothers voice. She knew that Shawn and Katy were rooting for her and Josh ever since the first day.

"Um no actually. I met him in my art class this year. He's a junior."

"Well if he's a junior then why is he in your freshman class?" Maya's eyes furrowed. She never thought about that.

"I... Don't know. But he's super sweet and amazing and I think you and Shawn will really like him."

"Well okay. Maybe you can bring him to for dinner." Maya smiled even though she could tell that her mother wasn't in the least bit excited that she had a boyfriend that wasn't Josh.

"We'll do. I got to go, I have a bunch of homework to do." Maya said as she could hear her mother shuffling around the room.

"Alright sweetie see you Friday!" They both exchanged 'I love you's' and hung up the phone. Maya sighed. She really hoped that her parents liked Simon. Suddenly there was a knock on her door that brought her out of her trance. She sighed as she closed her books and ran a hand through her hair as she opened the door.

As Maya opened the door the wind had been knocked out of her as she looked up to see Josh's angry/guilty face.
________________________
I'll update as soon as I can!