Painting can be fun

Let's find out what's going to happen!!
________________________
They had been painting for about 30 minutes in silence. They had gotten one wall done and was starting on the next one. Josh kept glancing over at Maya and would chuckle at the smudge of paint she had on her forehead.

"You missed a spot." Maya told him as she took her brush and painted over the little spot that Josh had missed. Josh smiled knowing he had missed it because he was distracted by her.

"Well then maybe you shouldn't be wearing outfits like that." Josh said as he shamelessly looked her up and down.

It was a modest outfit but still enough to make Josh almost go crazy. A pair of tight blue jeans with a tank top loosely tucked in and a flannel shirt wrapped around her waist. She had a pair of heeled boots on to make her eye level with Josh but still shorter. Maya scoffed as she looked down at her outfit.

"Now your just trying to flatter me so I'll talk to you." She told him laughing.

"It's working, isn't it?" Josh smirked at her making her look down and sigh.

"Smooth, Matthews." She mumbled while shaking her head and dipping her brush back into the paint. Josh smiled as he watched her.

"So how are things with you and Simon?" Josh asked knowing he was taking his chances. Maya tensed up.

"He won't talk to me, he won't look at me, he won't go near me. It's like he's Indiana Jones and I'm the snakes." Maya said making Josh chuckle at her weird comparison.

"Well you did cheat on him." Josh said sighing while painting up the wall. Maya turned her head and gave him a disgusted look.

"Josh!" She exclaimed making Josh drop his head and laugh.

"It's not funny! I can't believe I did something like that. I'm just like my dad." Maya said making Josh immediately stop laughing and turn to her.

"Hey, Maya. You are not your dad. If anything what happened between you and Simon was my fault I should have never kissed you." Josh told her.

"Yeah but I kissed you back. Josh I should have had sense enough to push you away the moment you did but I didn't. I didn't because I wanted to ki-" Maya cut herself off but it was too late. Josh's eyes lit up.

"Wanted to what?" He asked as he walked closer to her.

"I wanted to kick your but right after you did it." Maya tried to save herself but Josh knew better. Josh started to shake his head while smiling.

"No I don't think that's what you were about to say." He said staring to tease her.

"No it's what I meant to say." Maya said as she started to back up while Josh was moving forward.

"No I really don't think so." Josh stated. They continued to argue back and forth before Maya almost tripped over a paint can that was behind her. Before she could fall backwards though, Josh caught her with his hand and pulled her into his chest so she wouldn't fall.

Josh and Maya's eyes fell on each other as Josh kept one hand on her waist and one of her hands was on his chest. Neither of them could look away and neither of them wanted to. Josh wanted to lean down and kiss her right there but looking into her eyes he could tell that she wasn't ready for something like that to happen again. So he decided to change the subject.

"You know, as much as I really like your tank top. It could use a little color." Just then Maya felt the soft bristles of Josh's paint brush hit her covered abdomen. Maya's eyes widen in shock. She looked down at the blue that was now sainting her white tank.

"You did not just do that." Maya told him. Josh laughed at the expression on Maya's face. But his laugh was cut short when Maya took her roller brush and went up and down on Josh's black v-neck.

"Maya this was my favorite shirt." He complained making Maya smirk.

"Well then you shouldn't start something you can't finish." Maya stated smirking. Then she took her brush and painted over Josh's cheek making him close his eyes.

"Oh you better run." He told as he dipped his brush in paint. Suddenly they were running around the room flinging blue paint at each other mixed with green. Luckily there was plastic and old news paper all over the floor so they wouldn't get in trouble. They also had plastic covering the furniture.

Twenty minutes and two full cans of paint later, Maya and Josh were both hiding behind furniture with plastic over them holding their paint brushes out like weapons.

"Hey Josh! We're almost out of paint and we still have two full walls left to do. Let's call it a trues." Maya said still keeping her paint brush up just in case Josh didn't take her deal. Josh poked his head up from behind the changing table.

"Okay. On the count of three we both toss our brushes in the middle of the room away from each other." Josh stated.

"Agreed." Maya stated.

"Okay. One!" Josh started the counting.

"Two!" Maya followed along.

"Three!" They both yelled at the same time. Suddenly both paint brushes were tossed out into the middle of the room and Josh and Maya both stood up slowly. They both showed their hands to the other one as to say they weren't armed.

They both walked out into the middle of the room and laughed at how ridiculous they looked. They both had paint on them from their head down to their feet.

"Shawn and my mom are going to kill us." Maya laughed as she started to pick at the paint in her hair. Josh shrugged while smiling.

"We'll get these last two walls done, put the plastic and newspapers in the trash and they'll never know." Josh said laughing.

"Yeah because the fact that we're covered in paint won't give it away." She joked with him.

"Hey they locked us in here. So really it's their fault that this happened." Josh pointed out making Maya laugh. Suddenly if got very quiet and they both fell into an awkward silence.

"I'm going to go and try to wash some of this off." Maya said as she turned towards the door. Then she remembered that they were locked in and turned back to Josh.

"Paper towels and wiped are over there." He said amused as he pointed in the corner. Maya smiled before going over and wiping her hands.

Josh smiled as he watched her walk. She was finally talking to him.
___________________________
I think I'm going to do maybe one or two more chapters today. I don't know I'll see as I go. I still have the oneshots to do and then after that I can update!