7

"Time mage?"

Ceres looked into her regained memories but she cannot find anything about a Time Mage.

"Don't tell me you haven't heard of it?"

"No."

"This poor soul. Where were you raised? How cruel is the place you came from to not have heard of my famous nickname?"

Ceres was about to leave again when her arm was about to be grabbed by the old man.

All of a sudden, Gil appeared. His knives were pointed at the old man's neck. He wasn't able to grab a hold of Ceres' arm.

Ceres was not surprised by Gil's sudden appearance. She knew that Gil was following her. But what took Ceres' interest was what the old man did after.

In just a few seconds, he disappeared from Gil's lock. If he was fast, Ceres would know due to the disturbance in the wind. However, there was nothing wrong with the wind. It was as if, the old man was never in that place at all.

"I think by now, I have your interest."

The old man appeared a meter away from Ceres as he smiled. He knew that Ceres would not be interested if she never witnessed his skills.

By this time, Ceres' heartbeat finally changed. She felt excited. So, this is also magic.

---

"I never would have thought that the third prince would visit our residence this late in the evening."

Dotrald along with his brothers sat in the main hall. The third prince was also given a seat. Their father, Arcyl, excused himself from seeing the prince. He never did have to pay respect to the younger generation of the royal family.

"Forgive my sudden appearance and unnoticed visit. I was just excited to see Ceres."

Even though Dotrald's aura was clearly pressuring the third prince, he still kept his calm demeanor. Truly fit to be the next ruler of the kingdom.

"I never thought that visitation in the third prince's mind was about sneaking in the middle of the night and in a maiden's courtyard to boot."

Noctyrus also voiced out his opinions, supporting their first brother.

"Ceres was a good friend of mine."

"Well, we hope it stays just the same, third prince."

These old men clearly don't want the third prince being so close to Ceres.

"We know that third prince is tired from the journey. We will expect an explanation tomorrow morning when you visit our residence together with the Emperor. You may go back to the palace, third prince."

They also clearly don't want the third prince in their residence and meddling in their family affairs.

"I thank your kind consideration and forgiveness. But, before I go, may I know where Ceres is? As her friend, I ought to know if she's doing well."

"Matters regarding our family should not be of concern to the third prince. We will meet again tomorrow. Any questions you have, we will gladly answer them."

Ceres is not in this household anymore! This is what the third prince is thinking right now and that is what the Ellion family wants him to think. He wanted to vent out his anger because he knew that something bad really happened to Ceres but he don't know how bad it is and he couldn't do anything... Not until he is strong enough. If only Ceres was born in a different family. Even if it is a common one, he would be able to protect her. But, given the status of this loathsome family, he still needs more time.

"Thank you and I will take my leave. No need to see me out."

When everyone was sure that the prince returned to the palace, only then did they talk about their plans. Of course, all the planning was made by the Dotrald. Lonwarlt doesn't like politics so he resigned to his room right after the third prince left.

---

Gil didn't talk back but he was about to attack again when he was stopped by Ceres.

"No need for any fighting."

Gil resigned himself and stood quietly by her side.

"I didn't expect that a young la—I mean, lad would have such an outstanding servant."

"No need for any unnecessary information. You said that you could help me. How?"

"I know the problem you have and of course, I also know how to help you."

"So, something is really wrong with me."

"Let's talk over some tea, shall we?"

And the old man led them further into his shop where Ceres and he sat across each other with tea cups in front of them. Gil was still quietly standing by her side. He refused to drink anything. The old man poured some hot tea on both his and Ceres' cups.

"Drink. I didn't put any poison in them."

With Ceres' knowledge on medicine, she clearly knows more about poisons than this old man. From the smell of the tea, she recognized that it was her favorite: Winterbell tea. Is it a coincidence? Still, she didn't drink the tea. One can never be too sure in this world.

"Can you further explain my situation?"

The old man sipped his tea.

"It is not your physical body that has problems. It is your spiritual body which is the foundation of your magic."

Withall the revelations happening, Ceres maintained her cool demeanor. She nevershowed any unnecessary emotions or expressions. This made her seem uninterestedyet, it also made the Time Mage much more interested in her. -tbc

A/N: (As of March 11, 2018) I'm editing chapters to pave way for new ones. Sometimes, I think of the reason why I created this story. Then, I go back to my notification and see people are reading this one. I'm glad that they are people out there who gave a chance for this story. I have to properly answer those who waited for this. Fight-oh!