8

The old man coughed twice.

"The spiritual body is as important as our physical bodies. I really wander who taught you in your younger years? Did they not tell you about such things? How can you damage something important to this extent?"

Seeing Ceres is still not interested to answer any of his questions regarding her background, the old man kept on talking.

"One cannot neglect his spiritual body. Harming one's spiritual body is more serious than harming one's physical body. Physical bodies can be healed easily through medicines and elixirs but spiritual bodies cannot. They need magic skills, spiritual essence, rare herbs and elixirs, and experts who can guide you on the proper healing procedures which depend on the damage you've incurred. So tell me, do you have any recollection of harming your spiritual body?"

Harming the spiritual body? She already saw Ceres' memories and there were no incidences pertaining to spiritual bodies particularly, damaging hers. Maybe, the memories she have regarding those, were part of those she can't seem to remember. Instead of knowing what happened, she is more eager to learn how to heal her spiritual body and perhaps that might help her solve some of her questions.

"I cannot remember."

"But, you took the test for the magic attribute when you were five?"

"Yes."

"What was the result? They didn't say anything?"

"None."

"None?"

Ceres nodded. When Ceres touched the magic crystal, there was no reaction. They also didn't tell her about her spiritual body being damaged; only that, she doesn't have any attribute. And everyone from then on, called her a trash.

"The people testing you that day were probably no good. My guess is that your spiritual body was harmed before you even took the test. I wonder..."

The old man clearly used 'people' instead of 'experts' when addressing the ones assigned to test for Ceres' attribute. It only shows that he look down on those people.

"To know your attribute, we have to first heal your spiritual body. Only then will your attribute show. The damage is too severe and if we cannot heal it soon, I'm afraid that it will be too late. It has been too long that this old man didn't even notice it at first glance. If it's too late, I assure you that you will no longer be able to exhibit any magic."

"How did you know that I damaged my spiritual body? And, how do you heal spiritual bodies?"

"Now you're interested? Don't worry for this old man will teach you and also, help you. The truth is that... I know someone who can help you."

Ceres thought that the old man would be helping her but it seems that the old man would just rely on another person and this is so frustrating for her. Because there will be two people she'll owe instead of only one. Not to mention that she still feels like she owed the mysterious person a lot.

---

"Master."

As soon as Gil saw his master appear outside of Ceres' room, he immediately kneeled beside him.

That night, the old man told Ceres that they will be leaving the town a week later to visit his friend. He told Ceres that she should rest for now and don't think too much about anything as he will begin their needed preparations. Because of that, she left the store and stroll around for some time. She looked at the other stores in town and couldn't manage to see or get the other items she wants. Thus, she headed back to the inn she was staying at and decided to rest.

"Report."

One word from the mysterious person and Gil reported what happened when his master was not around.

He told his master about the princess pretending to be a young man and the weapon that the princess acquired from a merchant and the old man in a store calling himself, Time Mage.

After Gil reported everything, the mysterious man went inside Ceres' room without even the need to open the door. Everything was so quiet and peaceful. It seems like the man wasn't even in Ceres' room.

"She cut her hair."

The mysterious man went near the sleeping Ceres. With his powers, even though Ceres has high perception, she cannot feel the presence of this man. That was how large the gap between their powers and skills are.

"...And even went as far as to alter her appearance."

He really thinks it was such a waste for Ceres to disguise or pretend to be a young man at all. But, he brushed that thought away when he remembered how her eyes looked at him. It was still his favorite. There is not much different even if she cut her hair or let the scar stay. As long as those eyes kept on looking at him and as long as he can stay by her side, everything else wouldn't matter.

Then, he thought of the man that her princess met.

"Time Mage? I never thought that after all these years, he is still alive. And... He took a fancy to my princess? That old perverted man would surely pay for this."

The man saw the dagger hidden in Ceres' secret pocket. Even though it was hidden, it still didn't escape his senses. The dagger emitted again a faint violet aura as the man's eyes narrowed while looking at it.

"My princess really has amazing abilities. To acquire such high grade weapon on a whim, how amusing."

He pointed his finger at the dagger and a faint gold light from the tip of his finger went to the dagger. It swirled around the dagger before it burrowed itself into the said weapon.

The man smiled. He displayed such a warm smile yet the coldness in his eyes never disappeared. But this man, Gil undoubtedly knows, doesn't smile that much. However, when his master smiles, it was so ominous that everyone cannot even look at him. Whether he was killing or making orders, he can smile as if nothing in this world can do anything to harm him.

He wanted to brush Ceres' hair but kept his hand at his back. Then, he just disappeared as if he was never even in Ceres' room at all.

Gil saw his master appear outside of Ceres' room once more as he remained outside, kneeling.

"These are all for the recovery of her spiritual body."

He gave a small bag to Gil. The bag maybe small but it was a rare treasure. It was a space bag. Space bags were things that are only enjoyed by rich families and merchant companies. But what made this particular space bag rare was that it can keep live things. Thus, the space bag that the mysterious man gave Gil was truly a treasure that would be sought by numerous people.

The mysterious person looked back at Ceres' door and in his mind,

Forgive me, my princess, because part of your injuries was caused by me.

For a few minutes, he only stood there while staring at Ceres' door. Not even Gil knows what his master was thinking. But before he left, he gave and told Gil a few things and also more orders regarding Ceres.

"...Keep on protecting her while I'm still busy. Tell her, I'll be looking forward to her spiritual body being healed."

Gil canonly nod to his master's orders. -tbc

A/N: (As of March 11, 2018) I'm editing chapters to pave way for new ones. I did thought of making this story into a comic with my sister's drawing. But, it seems like it's still a long way for that to happen. I wonder if the story will progress faster if it's a comics? :/