26

In the midst of fighting between mercenaries and bandits, everyone realized that the numbers of bandits kept on decreasing and they can pave a way for an escape forward.

Immediately, everyone dashed out for an escape and eventually, left the bandits on that narrow road. Moreover, they also realized that none of the goods were damaged. This is good news for the merchants since they were absolutely worried about their money.

As soon as the coast is clear, everyone decided to take a break. Right at this moment, someone noticed Ceres and Gil appear again in their group. Some of them were voicing out their opinions about the two disappearing during a crucial time and the merchants were angry that they didn't want to pay anything for the two who sold everyone out to the bandits.

Just when Ceres and Gil decided to leave them alone, an old mercenary spoke for them.

"You all have eyes but you can't truly use them."

Everyone took it as an insult and was about to voice again their opinions when he continued.

"Those two guys saved us. Before we were even surrounded, those two went ahead and killed far more bandits than everyone else here have killed or injured. They were also the reason why none of the goods were damaged. The archers that were supposed to ambush us were already killed before we even get to the ambush point. Even though we were clearly outnumbered and supposed to have no way of escaping, tell me, why did none of us died? Why did we all safely pass through?"

The old mercenary was clearly a veteran. He coldly snorted and continued to bandage his injuries while everyone else were busy contemplating.

Another veteran mercenary spoke to lighten up the mood of everyone.

"This is the fate of mercenaries. We die doing our jobs so it's normal for us to see our fellowmen disappear in a battle. But of course, everyone would be much happier if no one died, right?"

When everything was cleared, even though apologies are not common in mercenaries and merchants, just a bit of eating and drinking made all negative atmosphere disappear.

Ceres passed by the old mercenary who spoke up for them. Right after that, the old mercenary noticed a medicine bottle beside him. This was seen by Orion. The old mercenary was about to return the medicine bottle to Ceres but he was stopped by Gil. Afterwards, Orion sat next to the old mercenary.

"He's probably shy but he's grateful to you."

The old man was confused by Orion's words.

"Aren't you his friend? Why aren't you sure?"

Orion just laughed it off. Deep inside, this small gesture of Ceres lifted up his mood. He didn't know why but somehow, he's feeling a bit comfortable being with Ceres and Gil.

At last, after almost three weeks, they finally arrived at their destination: Moss Valley!

---

Moss Valley is known for its luscious green environment. The houses here are made from stone but these stones are surrounded with green plants and thus, look like part of the vegetation. A lot of livelihoods here depend on plants and trees. It was truly refreshing to come here and it makes one feel relax and closer to nature.

Everyone received their payment except for Orion who is an adventurer. When they separated ways from the other mercenaries, it was funny how the other guys were bidding their farewells to Ceres and Gil. They also kept on asking them to visit their houses or see each other some other time. Ceres was clearly not used to such things and Gil was as usual, doesn't care about anything.

The second prince realized how he still lacks survival skills and real life experiences. This trip made him understand that he sometimes goes back to being a young master. That is why he unconsciously smiled at Ceres and Gil. Both of them can help him put his feet back on the ground.

Ceres and the others immediately rented rooms in an inn. Before anything else, they had a talk in Orion's room.

"You have the map of our mansion. After two days, I will meet you inside grandfather's courtyard. If anything is wrong, I will go to the adjacent bar tomorrow night. Okay?"

Ceres nodded and spoke few words regarding their plan. Orion retrieved the face mask that looks like Guy from Ceres and returned the random guy's face mask to her.

Finally, they resigned to their own rooms.

---

The Hunts mansion was located at the farthest east side of the city. Behind it is one of the natural barricades of their city, a mountain side. Their mansion is not that big and is even smaller compared to the Ellion's but, their environment is so peaceful because of the green sceneries.

"Sir Guy! No one is allowed to come near Master's courtyard according to his Highness, young master Orion."

"I'll wait for him here then. Thank you."

As soon as he was about to step into a path leading to his grandfather's courtyard, he was stopped by a maid. This showed how effective the face masks are and also, how Guy executed the plans perfectly.

Orion stood in a wall waiting for Guy to appear from his grandfather's courtyard. Just when he was thinking of going out, Guy appeared disguised as him.

"Woah!"

BothOrion and Guy were surprised seeing each other's disguise. Immediately, Guy ledOrion into the latter's own room so that they can finally return to their realidentities.-tbc