107

Wake up...

Child, wake up...

Wake up...

My child...

Ceres opened her eyes to the sound of a soothing female voice telling someone to wake up. She found herself standing in the middle of the darkness; only that, she was able to see herself as if she was made of light and the darkness cannot engulf her.

All of a sudden, a figure appeared in front of her. It was only a humanoid figure but it was enough to deduce that it was a woman.

"Child..."

Ceres looked at the figure in front of her and for some unknown reasons, she felt like it was giving out a gentle and calming aura. It looks as if those who will see it will feel that their hearts and souls have reached tranquility. There was only peacefulness and nothing more. But to Ceres, she didn't like it at all.

"Fear me not, child. I mean no harm."

Ceres narrowed her eyes as she stared at the humanoid figure.

"I am..."

Just as the humanoid figure was telling Ceres who it was, it suddenly turned into a human. It became a beautiful woman with long brown hair equipped with an armor of the finest mythril and possessed a long sword that was hanging from her back.

"I believe that with this appearance, you now know who I am."

The woman smiled at Ceres. It was alluring but at the same time, it was soothing. Both her eyes and lips were smiling as if a gentle being descended upon the world.

Ceres still didn't speak but in her mind, she was familiar with that woman. She has seen her in the books as well as in the churches of the kingdom. It was the goddess that the Holy Cross Church was praying to. It was Amheleka.

"I will not make this long. I only have a limited time for not only are you not a believer but also because of the person by your side."

As Amheleka was saying those words, she has a concerned look in her eyes.

"Child, you are the destruction and hope of this world. Whether you will first discern the truth or this world will collapse, no one knows. I can only hope and pray that you will save this world instead."

"What are you---"

"I cannot answer all of your questions; those should be answered and found out by you, yourself. That is where your fate lies. And, the fate of those people around you lies."

Ceres thought for a moment and then, she asked,

"What questions of mine can you answer?"

Before Amheleka answered, she bit her lips and looked at Ceres with worried eyes.

"Child, your existence is something that this world must not know unless... One has reached my standing."

Amheleka gently held Ceres' hands.

"There is something in you..."

Amheleka pointed at the place where Ceres' heart is located. She then gently caressed Ceres' cheek.

"This prevents all of us from interfering."

Amheleka put down Ceres' hand and also, took back hers. She worriedly shook her head.

"The cycle will repeat. Your life will not end. You must trust yourself and find the answers you are looking for."

Out of the blue, Amheleka's figure started to slowly disappear into nothingness.

"They haven't found you but sooner or later, they will. He cannot protect you. You must protect yourself."

Just before Amheleka's figure totally disappeared, she was able to say more words.

"Please... Don't... Let this world... Fall."

As soon as Amheleka disappeared, Ceres also started losing consciousness.

When Ceres opened her eyes, she was back at the same room she was in with the mysterious person.

Contrary to what she expected, the mysterious man was not there.

She started to get up and look around the room. It was the typical room in an ordinary inn. But, what caught her attention was the piece of paper on her bed side table; on top of it was a glass of water. Ceres picked up the paper and read its contents.

By the time you have woken up, you must probably know.

Thus, I cannot stay by your side.

But, you must never worry.

I will protect you. I always will.

Of all the things that life gave me, what pains me to death is not being able to be with you.

The moment that we met, even though this would be selfish and hateful of me, I would repeat that time again and again and again.

Because meeting you was my life's blessing.

Ceres didn't know why but something about that mysterious man was very familiar to her. And, something was tugging her heart after she read the letter.

She was a well-known cold-blooded and cold-hearted assassin in her past life. She never showed any hint of emotion as if she was a living killing doll.

However, it all changed when she learned of happiness, of sadness, of tears, of joy, of kindness, of loneliness, and of warmth.

And just when she was still learning about it, she was killed by the very same person who taught her about those things.

Thus, she made a vow.

She would not exact vengeance but instead, correct her mistakes.

That life will only harm you once you learn how to open your heart.

How come that ever since she arrived in this world, she has been changing so much?

"That mysterious man is definitely stupid. I was not able to know about anything at all and he didn't even confirm it."

Ceres folded the paper and kept it in her pocket.

"He'sstupid as hell." -tbc

A/N: I'm currently eating instant noodles. I know I must watch out for my health but I really am hungry. My favorite instant noodles is the one flavored Creamy Seafood. I would love to try the Spicy Seafood one but, I think my tummy is not yet prepared for spicy things. Anyway, don't eat instant noodles. It's bad for the health!! D: