85

Lennard called for Leonard to help him prepare for the banquet. They asked another guard to stand by the door.

This was only a façade. The twins knew each other and Lennard knew that Leonard has a lot of questions for him.

"Speak, first brother."

Leonard had his arms across his chest. He seems to be in a very bad mood. Anyone would be if they feel like they've been left alone on something, right?

"Don't be like that, second brother. Come. Sit with me and let's have tea."

Leonard's eyes squinted.

"Tea? I know you. You prefer alcohol. You'd only ask me for a tea if you want me to calm down."

Nevertheless, Leonard still sat across Lennard in the small table allocated in the guest room. He poured himself a tea because he was really in a bad mood.

Lennard could only chuckle.

"You ought to explain everything instead of laughing."

Leonard drank the tea in an elegant way; like how royal princes were taught. However, he was still in a bad mood that the tea really didn't suit his taste.

Lennard knew all too well about his twin brother. So, to make Leonard calm down, he coughed twice.

"I received a report from father as well as some of my informants."

Leonard wasn't talking. He let his twin brother speak.

"It was really Poisoned Ghost Body that day. It looks like Cerio and Gil were at the inn we were also staying at. They were even there before us. Gil was the one who wiped out the Poisoned Ghost Body's lackeys outside the inn while Cerio was treating us. Gil was also the one who chased Poisoned Ghost Body. Do you think it is a coincidence?"

Lennard placed one of his hands on his chin. He was not thinking that much but rather, teasing his twin brother.

"Poisoned Ghost Body is a well-known assassin. He doesn't work with others because he has trust issues. If not, it would be as easy as pie to get a contract with him. You've known all of this yet, you dare ask me?"

Lennard lightly laughed. E was teasing Leonard because he knew that his twin brother also has trust issues and was the one in conflict with Cerio and Gil.

"It's too good to be a coincidence however, I sent another report asking for Cerio and Gil's background. Even though it was forbidden to get any information from the adventurer's and mercenary's guild, I painstakingly got nothing."

Leonard put down the tea cup on the table and started furrowing his brows.

"Those two really has a weird background. No one knows about them. It's as if they are rogue experts that are not meddling with mundane affairs."

Leonard started responding to Lennard and giving his own insights.

"Mundane affairs, huh? Why would they travel all the way to Winsterein city if they are cut off from mundane affairs? What is their real purpose?"

Lennard leaned back on his chair and placed his arms across his chest.

"I'm pretty sure that almost everyone are looking up at Cerio and Gil's background. And, everyone ended with the same information that I have. Nothing. Father told me to watch out for those two just in case but... I don't dare do that. I don't like to offend our lifesavers and maybe, someone who can even help our kingdom in the future."

"What do you mean?"

"You've witness it yourself. Cerio's healing abilities, his spirit healing, you've experienced it yourself and what can you say?"