53

"Princess, you shouldn't go!"

Currently, Herra, the Fay kingdom's sole princess' head maid was blocking the door in front of the princess. She was preventing Leona from going outside.

"Herra! Why do you insist that I shouldn't go? I only want to see my fiancé. What is wrong with that?"

Leona placed her hands on her waist. She was fed up with Herra preventing her from going to her father.

She heard that the Winsterein kingdom's schools' competition is going to be held soon and that their kingdom was invited to witness such event. It is because Winsterein and Fay kingdoms are located next to each other and the royal families are somehow close due to some of their negotiations.

If this happened before, Leona wouldn't want to go to such event. She would rather travel around their kingdom and pretend as a normal citizen. However, since Lucas was decided to be her fiancé and she wanted to know more about that person, she really wanted to attend the competition.

"F-fiancé? You already considered him as your fiancé? How can you do that when all this time, you've never bothered with such things?"

Herra's knees went weak when she heard those words from Leona. Their princess doesn't really get along with other guys outside the royal family. How can she boldly say that she wants to see her fiancé? It wasn't even decided that they are really to be married to each other.

"I... I just heard father say that! Anyway, if he's a candidate to be my husband, I must at least meet him, right?"

"Princess... Please... It's not like your father would reject your proposal of going but can you at least think about the dangers of going to that event? You are the sole princess of this country, without your brothers in the royal palace and with them getting busy for the Great Magi Conference, you wouldn't have competent companions on your trip!"

"Are you saying that all our guards as useless?!"

The guards outside the courtyard's doors were perplexed hearing such statement. They were loyal to the royal family and are hardworking when it comes to work. For someone to say that they are useless, it hurts their hearts a little.

"I'm not saying that, princess, but please consider! You can just ask him to come over after the event. Wouldn't that be safer than traveling miles to attend an event?"

"How can I, a princess, ask a man to come over to the royal palace? I would rather see his performance on that event."

Herra wanted to kneel already to plead more but if she did, Leona would surely find a way to go out of the door.

Leona crossed her arms across her chest. She was puffing when she noticed that Herra didn't refute immediately.

"I see... You don't want to accompany this princess because you have to meet you lover on one of those days! Hmph! Don't think that I don't know how you and that apprentice chef are so close."

Herra blushed as soon as she heard her princess' words. Well, it was really the reason why she doesn't want to accompany Leona to Winsterein kingdom. She and her lover would be celebrating their third anniversary which is close to the date of the event. Given the time frame of their journey and the event, she won't be able to see her lover.

Winsterein kingdom's schools' competition is a two-week event. Aside from the competition itself, there would be a banquet and free time for the contestants. This is to allow forces of Winsterein kingdom to associate themselves with the schools and magic practitioners. Moreover, there are a number of competitions for the different fields and the competition itself is one-week long.

"It's really no---"

"No matter what you say Herra, I will ask father to allow me to represent our kingdom for that event. I've made up my mind so please get out of my way."

Herra couldn't do anything and went out of Leona's way. She knows that once Leona is determined, she will do everything she can to get what she wants.

Leona walked out of the room and headed to where Leowis was. She saw him at the office and was reading documents as usual.

She hurriedly went towards him and excitedly slammed both her hands on the table in front of him.

"Father!"

Leowis and Rupert saw Leona enter the room and coming towards Leowis but they did not expect her to be this excited.

As soon as Leona slammed her hands, Leowis threw the documents in his hands and put on a loving gaze on her. He was even signaling to Rupert to go out and leave them alone.

Leowis treasures his children particularly Leona because she is his only daughter. He wants to spend more time with her but he has a lot of things to do such as reading documents and reading more documents.

"What brings my precious daughter to this filthy office?"

Leona went straight to the point.

"I want to attend Winsterein kingdom's schools' competition!"

Leowis' smile froze and his lips even twitched. His daughter suddenly barged in his office only to ask about that competition. Normally, he or one of his sons would be attending the event but since his sons were eagerly doing their own things, he would naturally have to attend. Then again, something came up and he didn't want to attend anymore so he was about to send a letter telling how sorry he and his kingdom to not be able to have any representative as a spectator for the event.

Why would Leona want to attend? Isn't she someone who detests such events to the point of even faking illnesses most of the times?

Leowis coughed twice.

"What changed your mind? I thought you'd rather stay cooped in this palace than attend major events?"

Even though Leowis can't figure out what his daughter has been thinking, he kept on smiling.

"I want to meet my fiancé."

Leowis' heart stopped for a second. Thankfully, he is super healthy and also someone who practices magic and he can take such things easily.

"Well, aren't you against it before? Even your older brother threatened me just to not allow that marriage to happen."

He couldn't help but drink the water near him. Rupert, on the other hand, almost fell down because his knees went weak.

"Oh? You're not going to force that marriage on us anymore?"

Leowis can't help but force a laugh.

"I didn't plan on forcing that marriage anyway. If you like him, it's fine and if not, it's also fine. Hahaha!"

"Soyou're letting me attend the competition?" -tbc