29

After sending Ceres and Gil to their respective rooms, Guy was about to prepare something for them to eat when Ceres told him not to. Ceres specifically told him to not disturb them and only call them tomorrow when Liuis and Orion have made their decision.

Ceres and Gil's rooms were next to each other. It's a good thing that they gave them separate rooms because if not, it would be difficult to ask Gil not to go sleep outside the room.

"Gil."

Ceres was obviously alone in her room but the moment she spoke his name, Gil appeared behind her.

"Purchase these herbs when you find them."

Ceres gave a list of herbs to Gil and after receiving it, Gil disappeared. She, on the other hand, sat cross-legged on the floor and went to meditate once more.

---

"Old Na, you're leaving? Are you going to follow your disciple because you're worried about them?"

Old Pang was teasing Old Na as soon as he sees him packing some tea leaves. Old Na loves drinking tea like Old Pang so when he travels, he packs various tea leaves like it is necessary for one's survival.

"I'm going to Soaring Dragon. That girl asked me if she could meet his brother."

Apparently, Old Na wasn't in a good mood. He really didn't want to go to that school or to any school in particular.

"Oh? Without Black Dragon, will you be able to enter that school?"

Hearing Old Pang's statement, Old Na furrowed his brows. He started having more headaches.

"Black Dragon is not there? Where is he? Did he finally leave that school?"

"You know that guy never stopped trying to reach the peak. I heard that he's in closed door training."

"Really? When did you hear this?"

"I can't remember."

Old Na can't help but sigh. If Old Pang doesn't even remember when he heard it then, a few years have possibly gone by. However, Old Na can't also toss away the idea that close door training takes too long particularly for those who are older. One must know that reaching new levels becomes difficult as times passes and your age increases. The exception for this are either you have fortuitous encounters or excellent insight.

"I remembered that you guys made a deal but despite that, you still agreed to Ceres' request and is currently thinking of breaking that agreement?"

Of course, Old Na can't forget about the deals he had made even though those were made long ago. He thought that he doesn't have a choice.

"Yeah, I know. I'll think of a way."

Old Pang felt that Old Na is hiding something.

"Tell me, Old Na. Think of this as us being old friends. I know you're hiding something. Could it be that there's more to it than your vision of that girl?"

Old Na didn't move and didn't look at Old Pang. The latter knew that the former has things that can't be said out loud. Old Pang also knew that this comes with the difficulty of being a rare attribute.

"Okay. You don't have to tell me. But, I'll remind you that if others knew you breached the agreement, they will eventually track you down. You know how they could get restless whenever you guys appear."

"If anything happens, you must take care of that girl for me."

---

"Has he come out yet?"

A middle-aged man, dressed in green scholarly clothes, walked near a huge metallic door and asked another middle-aged man, dressed in yellow scholarly clothes, who was standing beside him.

"Nope, today is probably still no good."

They remained quiet for a few seconds but the yellow dressed man, this time, asked the red dressed man.

"Do you think he'll be able to join the conference?"

"The headmaster hasn't decided. We only have limited slots and headmaster is expending all his efforts to get those talented kids and bring out their potential to the fullest."

The huge metallic door in front of them opened after a few seconds. A young man came out drenched in sweat and blood. There are several wounds all over his body. Some are fresh while some are not. He was half-naked while his pants were also torn at several areas. This is the man that the two middle-aged men were talking about.

The green dressed man spoke first.

"It hasn't been that long. You only entered for a year and were already able to improve a lot."

The young man kneeled in front of the two middle-aged men. They were clearly examining any changes in the man.

"You have done well. Hofter, give him the necessary pills then, let him rest well. Tomorrow, I'll bring you to the headmaster."

The yellow dressed man named Hofter was about to help when the young man said,

"Teacher, may I request to undergo closed door training again? I will have to digest a few things."

Both the middle-aged men were surprised. This young man in front of them has clearly undergone intense training for the past years and hasn't been able to see his master for a long time. Without proper guidance, he may as well be walking the wrong path. However, because of his strong insight, he was able to almost teach himself. This young man is destined to walk the path of a magic warrior and reach its top.

"We will notify the headmaster of what you plan. But remember to not push yourself too hard or else, everything will crumble once you go down the wrong path."

Their decision only shows how they treasure this young man in front of them. For others, listening to and obeying the orders of their teachers and elders is the right thing to do. But, for this young man who only cares about magic skills and martial way, they didn't find his actions offensive.

The young man accompanied by Hofter disappeared into the darkness.

"That kid is frighteningly excellent. I hope you don't disappoint everyone, Cerbous."

---

"Princess."

Gil appeared in front of Ceres who was sitting cross-legged in her bed.

"Speak."

She didn't even open her eyes to look at Gil.

"I have gathered the herbs you requested. All were bought out from this city and the nearby towns."

Gil placed a space bag on the floor between them.

"Good work. Thank you. What about the information I have requested?"

"About that..."

Everythingwas then passed on to Ceres and she had remembered it all. The question is,will she be able to heal the grandfather tomorrow or will she fail her test?  -tbc