38

Dotrald was currently standing beside his son's bed. His son, Danilo, is still unconscious. A physician was sitting beside Danilo and taking note of his condition.

"Sir general, we must immediately find a spirit healer for your son. I can heal his physical injuries but for the spiritual body, I can't tell how damaged it is."

Dotrald knew that the injuries of his son were severe. He wanted to ask for the royal physicians but, Arcyl told them to stay away from the royal family as far as possible. He can only turn to the church and the Holy Cross Academy. The distance of the school from the city was not great but asking for help is a bit troublesome. The church really doesn't do anything without any payment.

He went outside of his son's room and proceeded to another hall within their mansion. There he saw his other brothers waiting for him.

"How were your sons' conditions?"

He was asking both Noctyrus and Simbeon.

"They just needed months for recovery. Nothing too serious happened. How about Danilo's? Did you already contact the church?"

"My subordinates are on their way."

Everyone was nervous. They didn't think that the first prince was this powerful. He was clearly displaying his power. He's clearly stating that their lives may be in his hands if they don't know their place.

"We will stop meddling with the royal family and continue with our work. Someday, that prince will pay for this debt. For now, we have to endure."

Dotrald says that but he was clearly thinking of something else.

"Your daughter... What will you do with her?"

Noctyrus knew that Beatrice will not stop getting close to the third prince even if Dotrald told her to stop.

"She will be safe if she stays within their school."

"You will not tell anything? What if she still persists to get close to the third prince?"

"That doesn't need your concern. Anyway, how's the medicine, Lonwarlt?"

"Almost done. I just need a few minor adjustments on the ratio of herbs."

"You better be done before her brother knew of the truth."

Lonwarlt stood up and left the hall. He still doesn't want to have anything to do with everything in their family. He just can't get away from Dotrald's clutches.

---

"I received a transmission from Black Dragon. Next time I visit his school, I will bring Ceres with me."

Old Pang and Old Na were leisurely drinking their tea. They knew that Ceres was already on her way and have healed Liuis Hunts already.

"Then you're going to introduce her as your disciple? Yeah, right."

"Why not?"

Old Pang coughed and didn't think that Old Na was serious.

"Don't tell me that you will tell that old dragon that Ceres also has a rare attribute? Don't you know that being your disciple is already big news to this world and what more if that disciple of yours can manipulate time like you!?"

"You're overreacting, Old Pang. Black Dragon will be able to help me keep Ceres safe. He will not announce to the whole world that Ceres is my disciple. That disciple of mine... She only cares about her brother and nothing else. If anything happens to that brother of hers, it will hinder everything and will probably cause her downfall. I need to make sure that her brother will be in good hands. Also, that old dragon will not let me easily see a student of theirs if I don't properly explain the situation."

Old Na didn't want anyone else knowing about Ceres but he can't help but need Black Dragon's help. Black Dragon is someone who doesn't let any minor details escape from him.

---

"The old general is here to see you, your Highness."

The first prince stopped interacting with the common folks and told them he needed to see someone very important. He was currently visiting a small hospital somewhere within the kingdom gaining favors from the mass.

Arcyl was waiting in a private room of a small restaurant when the door opened and the first prince, Glenn, came in.

"What brings the old general in this small and humble city?"

Glenn clearly didn't think that Arcyl would be able to arrive in this city in that short amount of time. It shows just how much he underestimated Arcyl.

Arcyl didn't feel good about the first prince from the very start. He knew that despite this prince's gentle appearance, he was very ruthless and cunning.

"I will not stay for long. I will only tell you to stay away from my family and we will stay away from whatever you want to do. Don't think that you are already powerful enough to scare my Ellion family. I am still the head, remember that."

Arcyl stood up and passed by the first prince.

"About my missing granddaughter, don't meddle with something that doesn't concern you."

He dropped a piece of red cloth with a unique symbol embroidered on it before walking out of the room.

The first prince closed his eyes while standing near the door.

"Doesn't concern me? It concerns my third brother and so it does concern me."

Glenn turned around and picked up the piece of cloth that Arcyl dropped.

"Looks like I really can't underestimate that old general."

The symbol on the cloth was that of a crane enclosed in a circled vine. It was the symbol for his hidden forces. It looks like it isn't a secret anymore among the major families.

---

"You little..."

Old Pang didn't know if he would be angry or not when he heard that Ceres used up all of his precious herbs to heal that old man. He knew that Ceres was lying but he can't control this little demon in front of him.

"Now, now, Old Pang, don't get mad. You can just find those herbs anyway."

Old Na was trying to calm Old Pang before he coughed twice to get Ceres' attention.

"You two must first rest. Tomorrow we will talk about what's ahead of us."

Ceres nodded and went to her room in Old Pang's house. Gil followed her.

"I know you, Old Pang. You were actually overjoyed hearing she was able to heal that old man."

Right after Ceres and Gil left, Old Pang was actually trying not to smile. He was very proud of his pseudo-disciple.

"That child can be considered as my disciple. Of course, I will be proud! To think that she needed only a month... I only taught her for two months! If that wasn't shocking then, those other spirit healers will coughed up blood. Even this old me needed years to fully grasp spirit healing. Anyway, this old man was never satisfied with just anybody to become my disciple. If someone was to inherit my skills, he should be someone destined for greatness!"

"That is my disciple, not yours."

Old Nacouldn't help but tease Old Pang. But of course, Old Pang wouldn't back downfrom Old Na.  -tbc