20

"I can only say that your attribute is not entirely space and time."

Ceres knew this but she never knew what her real attribute is. Maybe, Old Na's knowledge is really so vast that he can really help her just like what the mysterious man said.

"I do not know your specific attribute but I have read about your ability in an ancient text. The only problem is that there is not much information on it."

"But, you can still teach me, right?"

"Yes, of course. You can control time so I can teach you about it. Anyway, you have the ability to see multiple futures. Possibilities of everything that can happen in a spur of the moment! You may be able to see their past lives and what future they could have if you wished to. Of course, this is something that everyone would want to get their hands on! That is why you must never reveal this ability to anyone."

"How is this different from yours?"

"I believe there is more to this than what meets the eye. You can even control space so there must be something that we should connect here. To answer your question, what I can see is only one future and I couldn't see further than that. I could interfere to change it but it doesn't mean that nothing will go wrong. And, what I see are not futures of simple actions. But you, you can see these immediate futures and you can possibly see the far future. Those thousands of images that you said, they are probably the branching possibilities of what might happen the moment you probed my spiritual body."

If I mastered this ability, I might know why some of Ceres' memories are missing and who tried to kill her. But, I don't know what payment I will have to pay in order to use this ability.

"You must not use this when it's not necessary. Because your attribute is so powerful, the price you might pay will be much bigger than mine. We don't know yet what price you paid for trying to u---Wait. You didn't even know what your ability could do. Then, doesn't this mean that... Your power only needs your spiritual essence because your ability activates on its own?"

Ceres also came to her own conclusion. She might have felt dizzy because of the enormous amount of information going into her mind as well as the enormous spiritual essence that she needed for her ability to automatically activate.

"Oh, no, no, no."

"What is it again?"

She is getting annoyed by Old Na's change of moods. He would be surprised then amazed then depress then troubled... Ceres gets bothered with the sudden changes in the old man's aura.

"What you need to do is to enhance your spiritual body and essences. Make sure that your spiritual body can accommodate huge amounts of spirit essences before using that ability. Moreover, you need to train yourself to guard your spiritual body or else your ability would again activate on its own. You must also have proper control on spirit essences. Hide it, mask it, whatever you need to do so that you will be the one controlling your ability and not your essences. Do not... And I say, do not ever, ever, EVER probe someone's spiritual body because your ability might automatically activate and you'll never know what it can take from your body aside from spirit essence. Take today as an example. Because of your lack of spiritual essence, you felt dizzy. It didn't even take a second when your spiritual essence was immediately used up. And I also told you about my experiences, right? Changing one's fate is something that would disrupt this world's balance."

"You said you read about this information in ancient texts. What other information did it say?"

"The ancient text only stated that a legendary being existed in ancient times that can see numerous futures. It seems like the legendary being was worshipped in ancient times. At first, I thought that it could only be a legend because as a Time Mage, I could only see one future. Besides, the succeeding texts were missing and I was never able to tour the whole place and find more clues. I have also never found any other texts related to that legend."

She became interested in that place and the information she might be able to acquire from it. Probably, her attribute can also help her know the reason why she transmigrated and what really happened to the original Ceres.

"Where did you find that ancient text?"

"Young lady, I tell you that before you even think of going there, you must become strong. Only then, can you go to that place."

"I'm just asking where you found it. I know that I still need to become strong but it seems to me that going there is within my fate."

"That place is a separate dimension which can only be opened through an ancient array. I tell you, opening ancient arrays are no joke. It needs huge amount of resources as well as high level of magic to be opened. Some of these arrays are also in the territory of powerful houses. I was able to go inside that place because it was something that I requested after saving someone."

"You can no longer request such thing from that person?"

"He is already dead."

"So, where exactly is this place?"

"It's an ancient array owned by the Evergreen Garden located in Fay kingdom. It's not just some school. It is one of the best in the world."

"If I get into that school, will I be able to have an access to that ancient array?"

"You're planning of going to school? I thought you'd want to travel?"

"But this place you mentioned, it seems like I can discover something about my attribute in it. It can even help me become stronger."

"Entering that school is no joke! One of the disadvantages of being in a school is having a limit to your freedom. Once you become a student, you will forever be indebted to that school and their orders will become absolute. They will always have you tracked. Do you wish for something like that?"

She knew about those things from the books she read and from the talks she heard before particularly from her childhood friend. However, if the only solution is to enter that school, she would definitely need to enter it at all costs.

"I don't really care."

"Don't treat this as a joke. Although I know that you can hide your spirit essence even from me but, can you hide your attribute once the school requires you to show it? And what would you do once they discovered you? You can also never enter that school unless you are exceptional! They have standards when recruiting students and also, not because you excel in one thing doesn't mean that you can enter that school."

Old Nawas thinking about a lot of things. He wouldn't really want Ceres to enter anyschool after talking to that mysterious person. If anything happens to her, hewill be dead and also, her safety will not be sure since schools also havepolitical struggles within and among them. If Ceres is caught in any of this,how can she escape from the clutches of other people? -tbc

A/N: The weather has been nice these past few days. I don't want to go outside anymore. ;A;