67

In a certain restaurant of the Royal city, a woman with white and silver hair tied in a bun and wearing an icy blue gown decorated with white lilies as well as a clear blue outer dress was quietly drinking tea. She sat in the restaurant's second floor and near its window while she observed those outside.

"Hey."

A man wearing adventurer's clothes suddenly showed up from behind her and sat across her on the same table.

The woman who was looking outside glanced at the man in front of her and then, resumed drinking tea and observing people.

"The North is lonely, right? It obviously lacks people and thus, lacks liveliness."

He was ignored by the woman once again.

"You accepted the job so that you can go outside, huh? I told you, ditch that cold place and instead, live with me."

The man kept on smiling and looking only at the woman in front of him.

She was still as cold as ice but, as beautiful as the white round moon in a starless sky. The man can't help but reminisce about the past.

The man sighed as the woman kept on ignoring him.

"At least that poison brat talks back. Anyway, you won't probably see him since he already failed."

The cold woman placed down the tea cup on the table.

"Something good will happen in this event. But, take care of yourself, okay?"

The man stood up and started whistling. He went ahead and blended with the people. The woman lost track of him once more.

Isn't change the only permanent thing in this world? I hope that this time, something does change...

---

A man in front of a huge altar was quietly praying with his eyes closed. This place is a hidden ground on the base of the Holy Cross Church.

The man was wearing a red and white priest's robe with golden embroidered designs and linings. In the altar stood a statue of a beautiful and elegant yet, fierce goddess. This is the goddess that the Holy Cross Church reveres and serves: Amheleka, a supreme being who was believed to have descended from the heavens and saved humanity in ancient times where chaos reigned everywhere.

Suddenly, another person came into the Holy Praying Hall.

"Greetings to the Holy Priest."

A man wearing white priest's robe with red sash and belt knelt bowed respectfully to the man who was praying in the altar, the Holy Priest. The Holy Priest currently has his back facing the man who suddenly came.

"What did he say?"

When the Holy Priest spoke, his words carried a sense of gentleness in it which soothes one's mind and heart. Sometimes, to those with lower magic level, it even soothes their soul. Not only that, even the aura that the Holy Priest releases carries a refreshing and soothing feeling to it. This is the reason why the lower ranked priest was in a dazed and the Holy Priest needed to repeat his question a few times.

The Holy Priest is the one holding the highest position in the Holy Cross Church. One must know that the Holy Priest does not appear in the public that easily or even in the church. A very few number of High Priests are the ones allowed to see the Holy Priest and this is only if necessary matters arise. Aside from those few High Priests, the Holy Priest also shows himself to his one and only disciple, the one who will inherit his position, and the one chosen by the goddess Amheleka.

Holy Priests are those with the purest and most abundant light spiritual essences. They are chosen through a divination. Holy Priests are said to be the only ones who have the ability to communicate with their goddess. This communication entails tasks such as saving humanity from demons and evil magic practitioners.

Aside from those abilities and characteristics, Holy Priests have another ability which is to see one's truth. It was said to have been given by the goddess Amheleka in order to help the church in their given tasks and also, unmask those with bad intentions and rotten souls. However, only Holy Priests know that there is more than this that what meets the eye.

"He did not say anything regarding that matter. He only said that he will go wherever you ask him to."

The Holy Priest nodded and then, turned around. His hands were clasped as if he was still praying but his eyes were open and they were even smiling. Once again, the lower ranked priest was left in a daze with only seeing the face of the Holy Priest.

"Relay to him. He needs to go and pay a visit to the Winsterein kingdom's schools' competitions."

Even though the lower ranked priest was surprised at this sudden task, he still left immediately after recovering from being dazzled by the presence of the Holy Priest.

The Holy Priest was left alone in the Holy Praying Hall. He closed his eye and tried to regain his tranquil heart.

"He still can't communicate with the goddess and he still can't exhibit our god-given ability."

He once again opened his eyes but his mind was wandering in another place.

"I wonder if he will be able to execute the task this time."

---

"Why don't you travel with us as a normal citizen? Why do you need..."

Leona stared at Ceres with her big round eyes while her brows were knitted. She wanted to talk to Ceres more and wanted to travel with her in their carriage. She even suggested giving Ceres a royal position to dispose those with ill thinking.

Actually, Ceres really wanted to travel in the royal carriage since she hasn't experienced it before. But, she remembered that if she did so, she may attract unnecessary attention. Thus, she can only borrow a horse from them and even dressed as a royal guard. Of course, Gil also did what she did.

"Now, now, don't ask him anymore. He must have reasons."

Lennard kept on calming his sister down. Leonard still doesn't approve of such actions and thus, doesn't bother with them anymore. However, he still doesn't let down his guard and kept close to Ceres and Gil as if he was watching them intently.

Ceres wanted to answer back to Leona that it will be troublesome to do what she wants. Also, Ceres was only after the free horse and food and the favor of recommending her to Evergreen Garden. But if she says all of this, it will only cause more questions and more explanations. Thus, she kept on being silent and did her own thing.

Leona could only snort but just then, she thought of something once again.

"I will allow this however, you have to come with us wherever we go. I won't allow you to go away without informing us beforehand."

Leonard almost fell from his horse and Lennard had his jaw wide open and almost reaching to the ground.

Did their sister seriously think that she can control someone like Ceres?

However, what everyone didn't expect is what Ceres said.

"...Only until the event ends."

Gil turned around but quietly prepared their horses. In his mind, Ceres really does whatever she wants to. If someone like this is really what his master wants, his master must watch her properly instead of him.

Leona's eyes were sparkling and she became happy. She really wants to get to know more about Ceres. She was curious. And we know that sometimes, curiosity will lead to something more...-tbc