32

"It's really a surprise that the legendary Time Mage would visit our humble school."

A middle-aged man came into the room dressed in azure scholarly clothes. He sat across Old Na who was drinking tea. The middle-aged man is the current headmaster of Soaring Dragon and also the master of Cerbous, Ceres' brother: Ryujin Castern.

"I only came here to talk to Black Dragon."

"I have to apologize but ancestor is currently in closed door training. We don't know when he will come out. But, he also told us that if the Time Mage came for a visit, we must treat him respectfully and do what we can to assist him"

Old Na really didn't have that many friends. He doesn't want to interact to a lot of people particularly those with hidden motives.

"Have you seen something, sir Time Mage?"

Seeing that Old Na didn't say something, Ryujin teased Old Na.

"If Black Dragon is not here then, I'll come again another time."

Old Na stood up and started walking towards the door. When he was about to leave the room, he stopped and asked,

"I believe you have a student here named Cerbous."

Ryujin's face twitched hearing Old Na mentioned his disciple's name. He knew that the Time Mage has the ability to see the future. Currently, he was wondering why the Time Mage who disappeared for a long time suddenly visited their school. If this has something to do with a future he has seen, is it good or bad? But now that he mentioned Cerbous, would something happen to his prized disciple?

Old Na saw the change in Ryujin's face and aura.

"I'm just asking where he is and how is he doing?"

"May I know why?"

"Do you have the authority to ask me a question?"

Old Na immediately released a pressure on Ryujin. Even though Ryujin is already powerful for others, he was still unable to do anything about Old Na. Moreover, he clearly knew that he cannot offend the mage in front of him even though he doesn't want to respect him.

He can only answer Old Na's question.

"Cerbous is my disciple and he is currently in close-door training. We hope that nothing will disturb any of our students' training."

Seeing how serious Ryujin became, Old Na couldn't help but tease him in return.

"I hope that you really won't let anything disturb your students' training. Anyway, I'll come back to talk to Black Dragon. Kindly tell him that I came by when he comes out of his training."

Old Na then, left the room. Ryujin remained seated however, no matter how calm he appears to be, deep inside he was nervous and frustrated. He thought,

Why would the Time Mage bother himself with my disciple? Have 'they' started to move once again?

---

"That little brother of mine went in close door training?"

A man dressed in black was kneeling behind a young man standing in front of a large window that overlooks a city. This city is the Foundour city located in the farthest east of Winsterein kingdom. Foundour city is one of the kingdom's first lines of defense. Currently, the first prince of Winsterein kingdom, Glenn, is visiting this border city and spreading his influence. And more importantly, this prince is the one currently being reported to by the black dressed man.

"He went not too long ago. According to our intel, the third prince is currently being trained for the upcoming kingdom competition. Heaven's Peak wanted him to join the Great Magi Conference. Moreover, they asked him to go into close door training to calm his mind. Recently, the third prince went back to the capital to look for his childhood friend. However, he wasn't able to see her."

The young man had an amused face.

"I knew that that girl would be his weakness. Do you know where she is?"

"The girl is currently missing however, the news that the Ellion family spread was that she was taken in by a mysterious master."

"Missing? What happened?"

"A corpse was found in the border gates of the capital with her belongings. Arcyl doesn't believe it to be true and immediately launched an investigation however, they didn't want people to know about it and spread false news."

The young man laughed as he releases a cold air around him.

"My father wanted Lucas to be the crown prince ever since he showed promising talents. He even betrothed him to the Fay kingdom's sole princess. Too bad, that brother has a big weakness."

After hearing such things from the young man, the black-dressed man spoke,

"There is another matter your Highness."

"Speak."

"The Ellion family wanted the third prince to marry the first general's daughter but, the Emperor declined."

He turned around to face the black-dressed man. Even though he was smiling, his eyes were too cold.

"Even the Ellion family thinks highly of Lucas. Let's see, if their family pursues this matter, I will make sure that they wouldn't have any place in this kingdom. That first general is too ambitious and is not suited to become my subordinate. Shadow, look more into Ceres' incident. I think we should further investigate this. It's much better if we can locate and capture her. And also, make sure that the Ellion family's youngsters will regret siding with the third prince."

"Yes, your Highness."

When the black dressed man disappeared, the young man continued overlooking the city. Everyone can be tricked by his handsome and friendly appearance but not everyone can know how dark the first prince's heart is.

---

"It is much better for Lucas to immerse himself in his training."

Winsterein's current emperor, Dwight Winsterein, was reading documents in his office while talking to his secretary.

"The first prince, on the other hand, is spreading his influence. A lot of the ministers have made decisions to side with him. This will be bad for the third prince."

"It's fine this way. As long as the major families do not give in , we won't have any problem."

The secretary has a worried face instead.

"The Ellion family clearly declared their position when they proposed the marriage for the third prince. If the first prince knew this, he will surely make a move."

"That child of mine is cunning and I cannot control him. But, the good thing here is that Arcyl still holds the highest position in the Ellion family. I'm sure my first son already knew about this incident. He still has a lot of things to learn particularly not messing with major families."

"You mean to say...?"

"Arcyl won't just quietly look when someone tries to harm them. This may also serve as a lesson for the first prince."

"Your Majesty, you're using this as a lesson to the first prince? What if Arcyl gets too difficult to handle? Wouldn't we lose both the first prince and the Ellion family?"

"That idea is not bad."

Theemperor continued looking at the documents in his desk while the secretarywiped his sweat. Deep inside, the secretary though that the emperor is someoneyou really shouldn't mess with. -tbc