104

That voice brought Ceres back to reality. She quickly turned around and readied herself to go away. However, seeing the young man in front of her, made her forget about her plan in an instant.

Standing a few meters away behind her is the third prince of Winsterein kingdom, Lucas Winsterein. But beyond that title, Ceres knew him as her childhood friend; her sole friend.

It was this person who was willing to stay with her and accompany her in that stormy night.

It was this person who ignored his own standing and rushed to her side in order to keep her safe.

Yet, it was also this person who somehow brought the end of her life...

Ceres' hand from her temple shifted to the middle of her chest. Her heart, then, started beating so fast and loud. Amidst the silent night, she could clearly hear her own heart beating.

Why?

A while ago, it hurts but it changed so fast that she could only quietly keep her confusion. She was tightly clutching her chest area because as of the moment, she doesn't know why she feels different. It's as if her heart would burst at any given moment.

Why?

She was arranging her thoughts when suddenly, she heard Lucas' footsteps.

Lucas started to slowly walk towards her.

She looked at him and they were both staring at each other.

She didn't know why but it looked as if time froze... And, even her body froze!

Again?

Ceres wanted to grit her teeth as she remembered that mysterious person when they first met. However, she couldn't help but wonder why this time, it was different. Because she already knew the basics of magic, she can clearly feel any magic fluctuations in the air. Yet, there was none. And, it only looked as if she, herself, became stiff and couldn't move.

Why?

All Ceres could think about right now was to get away. Because no matter how her heart and head ache, she could only think that this situation is extremely dangerous.

---

Lucas went out of Heaven's Peak's quarters. The headmaster and even his master were against it since they know that this time is very crucial for him. But, he told them that he needed to get rid of some demons on his own and on another place.

He wasn't lying. While trying to concentrate in cultivating for the rest of the competitions, he encountered such demons. Even the headmaster told him about such things.

These are not literally demons but demons of the heart. These things invade one's heart and mind making them unable to progress in their training and in worst conditions: be the cause of a magic practitioner's death. Thus, when the headmaster and his master heard about his request and reluctantly agreed, he immediately went to Ceres' courtyard.

Seeing Ceres in the banquet brought a mixed of emotions in him and thus, resulted to the active emergence of his heart's demons.

Everybody knew how he and Ceres were close to each other. Ceres was someone whom he's comfortable to be with. By Ceres' side, he need not pretend and need not any formalities. He was glad to be friends with her and spend time with her.

Ceres, in his heart, has a very special place that no one can ever replace.

Unknown to everyone, Ceres was the only person who stood by him when he got nothing and even did not change when he seemed to have everything.