62

"Princess, there's an assassin. We should escape immediately."

Gil appeared in front of Ceres who was currently meditating inside her own room. They were currently staying inside a certain inn in Winsterein kingdom. They were on their way to the capital city as per order of Old Na. However, they decided to stay in an inn instead of camping in the forest.

And who would have thought that the moment they decided to stay at an inn, something bad will happen.

This clearly displeased Ceres.

"Let's wait and see since such poison is only child's play."

Ceres didn't open her eyes but she threw a pill towards Gil.

She knew that Gil's tolerance against poisons was high and he was also strong. However, she still gave him an antidote because she finds it amusing for someone to use poison in ruining her supposedly rest.

"Is this Poisoned Ghost Body's doing?"

Ceres asked Gil and the latter only nodded.

When Ceres heard the word 'assassin' from Gil and when she smelled the poison, the only person that came to her mind is Poisoned Ghost Body.

Gil knew that Poisoned Ghost Body was a skilled assassin and if he was here, it shows that he has a target residing in this inn. Wherever his target is located, he doesn't care and involves other people in his job. He kills innocent people even if they just happen to pass by.

Gil isn't well versed in poison that is why he doesn't want to risk Ceres' safety or else... But, the princess is someone who is knowledgeable in poisons and also, someone who doesn't really care that much about Gil's safety towards his master. Nevertheless, Gil already knew what Ceres is thinking.

Ceres still carries her usual expressionless face.

"If it is him, I'd like to meet him."

It was excitement that Ceres felt. She knew that this poison in the air was only child's play and was only made to take care of the shrimps. But, knowing that one of the renowned assassins was here and presenting himself to her, how could she resist the temptation to exchange pointers?

She has always wanted to encounter this assassin ever since that incident in Moss Valley. The pills she acquired from him were really great and helped her a lot in learning this world's medicines.

Deep inside, Ceres wanted to fight Poisoned Ghost Body and if possible, come to his lair and see what other pills he had made.

Gil understood what Ceres meant and immediately disappeared. He took care of the people who were lying in wait for an ambush. He returned to Ceres' room only to find Ceres was already trying to sense her surroundings.

Actually, Gil already knew where the assassin is but since Ceres wanted to hone her skills, Gil didn't do much. He would only assist Ceres whenever it is necessary or whenever she tells him to.

"I found him."

Ceres opened her eyes. Her senses were always keen. And with the spirit essences of this world, her senses were highly improved. Also, she can already conceal her presence because of her pure and large amounts of spiritual essences as well as precise control of it. Even those of level 60 will find it hard to discover her because of how pure and enormous her spiritual essences are. Well, those are only words that she heard from Old Na.

Within the months that she was training under Old Na, she was able to increase her spiritual essences to that of a level 35 magician. It was unheard of in history. Even Old Na couldn't help but be amazed at the speed of growth of his disciple. She was only a 12-year-old child nearing 13 and she already has the spiritual essence of a level 35 magician; almost the thrice of her supposed to be level. However, it was not the end because Old Na clearly told Ceres that she was still absorbing spiritual essences and it clearly was not the end. Old Na even joked about Ceres depleting this world's spiritual essences if she wouldn't stop absorbing it.