60

"Remember what you promised, Lucas."

A woman that was wearing fiery red dress is currently accompanied by the third prince of Winsterein kingdom. All participants of the competition were staying in a special street with different mansions and courtyards in a specific part of the kingdom. Even Lucas was not exempted and stayed with the Heaven's Peak delegates.

"I understand, master."

Lucas respectfully bowed towards his master.

"I don't want any trouble and you know the temper of our headmaster; plus the fact that you are one of the prized students of our school. We must claim the top spot this time too. Understood?"

Lucas can only agree to his master. They were talking about Ceres. As soon as Lucas came out of closed door training, his level increased a lot. Of course, the news about Ceres reappearing didn't escape him but he clearly promised the headmaster and his master that he won't associate with Ceres unless the competition is over. With that, he hasn't been able to meet or even see Ceres when he returned to the city.

"I will resign to my room. Inform me if anything happened."

Evelyn was about to go when Lucas asked her something.

"Master, are we going to attend this time's royal banquet?"

Evelyn stared at her disciple. She knows how deeply affectionate this disciple of hers when it comes to his childhood friend. However, it will only hinder his training and also, the headmaster has clearly stated his stand. They can only agree with him. Evelyn shook her head slowly and sighed.

"We will, however, the headmaster will also attend and therefore, you must not leave my side. You must not approach that girl. I will also not allow her to approach you."

Lucas took a deep breath to calm himself down. And, he bid good night to his master.

Inside Lucas' room, he was trying to meditate. No matter what he does, he can't seem to enter meditation.

"Is it really Ceres?"

He wanted to properly take a look and see for himself; because he knew that something was off. That night when a man infiltrated his courtyard, it clearly shows that Ceres was in some place and with that man. Is that person the rogue expert who took her? But, how can she suddenly appear and become a mute?

Lucas held a lot of doubts about the Ceres currently residing in the Ellion family. Yet, he cannot do anything because he promised and he has to win this competition.

"For my freedom... And, for the promise I made to you."

Lucas once again tried to enter meditation. Fortunately, he was able to.

---

The next day, the emperor was busy with a lot of things and he was made to stay in the royal throne room. The banquet will be held in four days and the royal palace is preparing for it.

Suddenly, the door of the royal throne room opened and the guards announced the arrival of Orion.

"Second prince of Winsterein kingdom, Orion Winsterein, has arrived."

The emperor was startled. He didn't expect his second son to show up when he never wanted to attend such events. Rupert already knew that Orion was on his way to the city. Of course, he already reported such thing to the emperor. They only didn't know that Orion would join the event as a prince instead of as an adventurer.