51

Black Dragon officially became Cerbous' master. This made an uproar within the whole Soaring Dragon. However, the outside world was prevented from hearing such news.

Ryujin was also enlightened by Black Dragon about the things concerning Cerbous, the Time Mage, and Cerbous' sister. But of course, he never told the headmaster about everything. He told Ryujin that no one is allowed to know anything about the Time Mage and Cerbous' sister. Ryujin, on the other hand, controlled the information and he really has the ability to do so. Even though Gol was curious, he knew that Ryujin's position is not to be trifled with.

With everything done, Cerbous' training went more smoothly and quietly. He was also considered to be the next strongest disciple Soaring Dragon will have for this generation.

Cerbous was allowed to stay in one of the rooms within Black Dragon's courtyard. While he was currently indulged in meditation and fully understanding Black Dragon's teachings, Black Dragon was sitting in one of his gardens and drinking alcohol. Even though he planned to go into closed-door training, he decided to take Cerbous as his disciple so he halted the idea. He basically decided on that thing when he talked to Old Na.

If Ceres is someone who will help this world then, her brother may be able to help her: more so when Ceres is someone with a rare attribute and is destined to be hunted by powerful forces unless she's strong.

Black Dragon decided to help these siblings on his own. He doesn't really care about the affairs of the mundane world and even in some of their school's affairs. However, living for far too long and witnessing a lot of things already made him know what he should and shouldn't do. Well, this is particularly true when he is acquainted with Old Na.

Black Dragon was thinking over a lot of things when suddenly he felt cold. He was someone of fire and earth attribute and his physical body can withstand most of the coldest regions of this world. But during this time, he was really feeling cold; something he hasn't felt for a long time.

"Who..."

He knew someone secretly sneaked into his place and it's someone that is clearly cannot be offended.

Suddenly, on his right side was someone sitting and pouring a cup with the alcohol he was drinking. From where the cup came from is not really important but it is from where did this man came and what did he came for. All Black Dragon can see was the man's silhouette. For some unknown reasons, he cannot move his body and thus, he can only see everything from his peripheral view.

Black Dragon didn't make any unnecessary noise and movements. He allowed the man to do whatever he wants because he knows that this person is stronger than him and offending him might even destroy their school without anyone knowing.

The man drank the alcohol in his cup but he only sipped it instead of drinking all of it.

"This doesn't taste good. I really prefer her tea instead."

With a wave of his hand the cup disappeared and then, he wiped his lips with a white handkerchief.

He crossed his arms over his chest and looked towards Black Dragon.

"Protect your disciple. If anything happens to him, I think she will get angry. I don't want that to happen and more so, if I'll see her tears."

A golden glint was seen in his eyes. This made Black Dragon feel fear; extreme fear.

"You should be clever and you must have understood what I meant."

The man didn't say anything anymore and he only disappeared. Black Dragon was able to move again when the man was nowhere to be found.

"So even if I didn't take that child as my disciple, I would still have to do it, huh?"

Black Dragon sighed and tapped his fingers on the table.

"Just who in the world did that Time Mage took in as his disciple?"

Black Dragon clearly understood what the mysterious man meant and he knew it was clearly Cerbous and Ceres whom he was talking about.

He slammed the table and took the bottle of alcohol he was drinking. He then noticed that another bottle of alcohol was placed on the seat that the mysterious man was sitting before.

"Wha..."

He took the bottle of alcohol and nervously opened it. As soon as he did, a strong captivating aroma surged to his nose. That aroma made him feel like he already took a sip of the alcohol. Thus, he could clearly say that it was the best alcohol he might ever had.

He immediately closed the lip of the bottle; afraid that someone also smelled that strong aroma.

"Is this... Compensation?"

Black Dragon immediately hid the bottle of alcohol and not daring to drink it up even though he badly wants to.

---

Above Soaring Dragon school grounds, the mysterious man was riding the same vermillion bird he was riding before.

Why am I unlucky to always be found by this lordship? This is what's going through the mind of the vermillion bird while allowing the mysterious man to use him as a means of transportation.

Out of all the people that Ceres met so far, Black Dragon was one of those who didn't trigger his jealousy meter for some reason. And so, the mysterious man thought that at least Black Dragon deserves a good alcohol. The one he was drinking tastes really bad.

"I must ensure a safe path for my princess no matter what."

The man's eyes were like crescent moon.

"I'll help her brother since he somehow assisted me in getting her first and casting that useful spell."

But clearly, everyone he's associated with knows that this mysterious man only does what he wants to do without any consent of the other person or without thinking what the other party will think. Right now, he must only be justifying his act towards Ceres and using Cerbous as an excuse.

Themysterious man once again remembered that certain night in Ceres' room. Heclearly felt happy but feeling his change in mood only made the vermillion birdmore afraid of him since it cannot determine what this lordship is thinking.-tbc