83

When everyone was supposed to be sleeping, Dwight's study room was still lit. Two people were playing chess. It looked like they won't be sleeping at all.

"I suddenly received a letter. The Holy Child would come to observe the competition."

Dwight placed his hand on his forehead. It seems like he has a headache.

Sir Milo chuckled and slowly moved a chess piece.

"You sure talk sarcastically."

"But still, if anything happens to that child, would the church stay silent?"

Dwight made his move.

Suddenly, sir Milo looked towards the door.

"What's wrong?"

Dwight knew that sir Milo must have sensed something.

"She came."

Dwight could only heave a sigh.

"It's tomorrow, huh? I hope that princess won't be killed."

Sir Milo smiled and turned his head back towards the chess table.

"That's unusual of you."

"I'm betting on those two. If not, I still have other plans."

"I see... Sometimes, I still think that even I can't compare to you."

Dwight lightly laughed. He placed his arms across his chest.

"One must really learn a lot to become an emperor."

Sir Milo could only shake his head sideways.

The game continued on but for how long? Only those two would be the ones to know.

---

Back in Arcyl's study room; the moment he left Ceres. A person dressed in military uniform came forward and respectfully greeted Arcyl.

"Reporting to master, we still don't have any news about her whereabouts as well as the people who wanted to harm her."

Arcyl leaned back on his chair and sighed.

"We will allow that little one to keep on pretending. About the Fay kingdom... Any news?"

"King Leowis already found out about the assassination attempt but hasn't started any movements yet. It seems like they're still gathering more information. We also weren't able to intercept another message from the crown prince. We believe that it is not for the king, himself."

When Arcyl heard the last part of the report, he furrowed his brows.

"Another message? For whom?"

Arcyl knew that Lennard would only send messages to Leowis. But, in this case, why did he send another message to another person? Who could that person be and why did he have to send a message to that person?

"We weren't able to track down the bird for some unknown reasons."

Arcyl clicked his tongue showing his disappointment. The other person was nervous but it didn't show up on his face and actions.

"Have you contacted Poisoned Ghost Body?"

"Poisoned Ghost Body seemed to have disappeared."

"Right after the assassination attempt? Are you even doing your job properly?"

The other person could only gulp down his saliva.

"We apologize for our lack of competence. However, Poisoned Ghost Body was believed to be seen hastily running away."

Running away? Why would that renowned assassin even do that? Perhaps, he encountered something or someone he's so afraid of. But... Who is that and when was that?

Those were the thoughts of Arcyl.

"You're dismissed. Contact me if there are any new leads and information."

The mysterious person suddenly vanished and Arcyl tapped his fingers on the table.

The person that just appeared and reported to Arcyl was part of the Ellion's hidden army. One can say that this army would be the most sought after army in the whole Winsterein or even in the continent. This is a hidden triumph card of every Ellion family head. Only to move when absolutely necessary and only follows orders from the family head. Hence, to keep this army a secret, one will only know of such existence when the family head position is passed down to one's self.

It could be said that Arcyl regretted when he wasn't able to allow Ceraph to use the army. Even though he knew in his heart that Ceraph was made to become the family's next head, Arcyl thought that it was too early to pass down the hidden army.

Aside from thinking about the new information he had received and also, analyzing the recent incidences, Arcyl was thinking a lot about their family's future.

"Maybe, it's really time for us to retire."

Arcyl could only sigh.

"...If I still can't get any leads about Ceres, I will definitely retire in the quiet countryside."

---

"Hey, old friend."

An old woman was picking herbs somewhere in the middle of a forest. She continued to pick herbs and didn't even look back at the person behind her.

"This is where you've been living, huh?"

The person who suddenly appeared had a neat hairstyle and was wearing scholarly clothes. He sat down on a rock and looked around.

The old woman was still picking up herbs but she suddenly laughed right after hearing that person's words. The laugh contained youthfulness as if she wasn't really an old woman at all.

"Do you plan on hiding here for the rest of your life?"

The person spoke more words since the old woman seems to be ignoring him. Fortunately, he was not ignored this time.

"We aren't suited to live in that world. For some reason, I'm already tired yet, I still want to live. Even I, myself, couldn't understand my own thinking. Maybe that is why I'm crazy. Right, Old Na?"

The person behind her was none other than the Time Mage, Old Na and one of Ceres' masters.

"The Space Mage has always been eccentric and that I can fully understand."

Old Na smiled while the old woman suddenly stopped picking herbs. Her eyes contain a hint of mixed emotions. She closed her eyes for a while and then, continued picking up herbs.

"That name... I haven't heard that name for such a long time."

The old woman was none other than the Space Mage who Old Na has been looking for.

"Why are you here? Haven't you had enough of dealing with the affairs of that world?"

The old woman who seems to ignore Old Na before began to question the latter.

Old Na kept sitting on the rock. He closed his eyes for a short moment and opened them only to look up at the sky.

"The canopies here are blocking the view above. But still, I can see that there is a clear blue sky out there."

Old Na seems to be recalling his past once again.

The old woman stood up and placed the herbs she picked on a basket near her. She was about to ignore Old Na once again when the latter suddenly spoke.

"Whatdo you think about having a reason to live?"-tbc