106

A dream... Huh?

Ceres opened her eyes only to see a white ceiling. She felt that there was someone holding her hand and thus, she turned her head sideways.

Someone was beside her, holding and looking at her hand with such a painful expression. That person has a half-tied long silver hair that some of it was even scattered beautifully on her bed. That person was also wearing beautifully adorned black clothes which suited his hair color. That person was the very same person she first saw in this world. He was the mysterious man whose name she never knew.

For some reason, seeing a scene like that, Ceres felt something pricking inside her chest.

And right when I just woke up, huh?

Ceres started sitting up straight but she didn't take her hand away from the mysterious man.

The mysterious man suddenly turned his head to look at Ceres.

"Did I wake you up? I'm---"

"Why do you look familiar?"

Ceres with furrowed brows, all of a sudden, asked the mysterious man. Moreover, Ceres didn't end with just that question.

"Why did you help me? Why are you nice to me? What will you gain from all of these?"

She didn't let the mysterious man answer those questions but instead, only stopped at her final one.

"Who exactly are you?"

After a few seconds of silence, the mysterious man sighed. He couldn't help but smile wryly at Ceres and her questions.

"Did you perhaps dream of something?"

Ceres blinked twice and didn't answer him.

"Did you see me?"

Still, Ceres kept her mouth shut; only looking at the mysterious man in front of her.

"It would be good if you remember everything on your own. Don't stress out yourself by over thinking about things."

The mysterious man was about to touch Ceres' hair but Ceres immediately flicked his hand.

"I don't like this."

Ceres stared at the mysterious man with eyes full of hostility. She then started getting up but the mysterious man stopped her.

Once again, Ceres' movements were restricted and she didn't like it at all. She didn't like how powerless she was in front of this man. She didn't like that there were things she doesn't know about him, about Ceres, about other things, and more importantly... About herself.

For the first time in her life in this world, she felt like she was reverting back to her old self; to the one she wanted to abandon; to the one that caused her own death.

"I apologize for doing this. I apologize for not telling anything to you. It's not like I can't but..."

The mysterious man deeply sighed once again. He was looking at Ceres with eyes full of tenderness. He wanted to convey a lot more things but it looks like he just can't.

"I know that you hate feeling helpless. You were that kind of person ever since."

He smiled a painful one, seemingly recalling a distant past as his eyes look like it were looking deep at Ceres' soul.

"But... Because of that personality of yours, you saved me."

The mysterious man suddenly raised one of his hands. He neared Ceres' face and then, pointed his forefinger between her brows.

A small white light could be seen in the middle of Ceres' brows which only appeared for some seconds. After which, she fainted and the mysterious man caught her and gently laid her on the bed.

"I only want you to remember about me but it can't be helped. What good is there in remembering if it will only hurt you once again?"

The mysterious man lightly laughed but that didn't contain any hint of happiness but instead, contempt... At his own self and his own thinking.

"To protect you, that is my only desire but, once again... Will I fail in this lifetime?

I only wanted you to live as I find ways to help you yet, your kindness is really both a gift and a disaster.

Even with only a moment of not looking at you, you would suddenly sacrifice yourself for someone."

The mysterious man ran down his finger from Ceres' cheek to her lips.

"Sleepfor now. When you wake up, I hope you can forgive me."-tbc

A/N: I'm baaaaaack. But not for long, I mean, I tried my best to come back as soon as possible but there really are things that made it difficult (see: health). I will pop out once in a while so don't be surprised and please be patient for the updates. ;A; Huhuhuhu Thanks a lot!!