114

Poisoned Ghost Body was brewing some poisons in a huge furnace while silently cursing at Ceres and Gil in his heart. He was currently hiding in his ultimate secret lair hoping that Ceres and Gil would meet their end soon before they could find him.

Even though brewing poison needed one's full concentration, he was so good at it that he can successfully do it even while his mind was focused on something else.

"F*cking stupid... Piece of sh*t... No, they're all retards and---"

"Who are you cursing at?"

Suddenly a voice sounded behind him which brought chills down his spine. He doesn't even have any courage to turn around and see if his guess was right about the person who just spoke.

"Oi."

Not far from Poisoned Ghost Body was Ceres sitting in one of his chairs with her arms across her chest. There was even a hot tea on the table beside her. This could only mean that she was already there for some time.

Gil, on the other hand, was standing behind her; silently praying that there will be no new poisons to learn for her in this place.

"You have a guest and you don't even want to welcome us?"

Poisoned Ghost Body couldn't take it anymore and he turned around, jumped from his small stool, and glared at Ceres. But, Ceres can see that even though he was glaring at her, he was also showing signs of fear in those eyes.

Ceres carried on her a face a slight smile as she was amused to see both of Poisoned Ghost Body's reaction and his that looks like that of a young child.

Even though Ceres' smile was so precious and could charm a thousand men, Poisoned Ghost Body was not moved by it. Instead he was cursing at his heart how his luck was so bad these past days.

Ceres and Poisoned Ghost Body started a staring contest. After some minutes passed, Ceres slightly raised one of her brows and Poisoned Ghost Body felt a cold shiver which made him step back.

The reason that Ceres got distracted was because she smelled something nice and she knew that it was a rare herb of some kind just from it.

Ceres stood up and started walking in a certain direction. Poisoned Ghost Body saw the direction that Ceres was going to and he immediately knew that she was targeting his precious 'child'! He started to move as well and he was able to get faster to that thing before Ceres can even take a closer look.

"Step back."

Poisoned Ghost Body shielded that 'thing' from Ceres which prevented her from seeing what it really looked like.

Ceres knew that Poisoned Ghost Body was afraid of her but seeing this kind of reaction from him, piqued more of her interest at that 'thing'.

"Gil."

Poisoned Ghost Body was about to say something but Gil was clearly faster than him. Gil was able to hold him and tie up him in just a matter of seconds. This greatly surprised Poisoned Ghost Body since Gil was faster now than when they fought before in that random town. What Poisoned Ghost Body didn't know is that Gil was really on a different level than he expected him to be. At that time, Gil was only stalling time for Ceres and wasn't even being serious about fighting him at all. Thus, he clearly underestimated Gil's abilities.

When Ceres knelt down on one of her knees to touch that 'thing', Poisoned Ghost Body didn't care anymore and shouted,

"Don't touch her!!"

Ceres stopped her hand from reaching the 'thing' and asked Gil if he knew what it is.

Gil furrowed his brows and answered to the best of his abilities.

"It is a White Moonlight flower however, something is different from this one. I'm not really sure what it is but this is a little different from the normal ones."

Ceres only nodded at Gil's answer. She slowly stood up and placed one of her hands on her chin.

Ceres also knew about the White Moonlight flower but she felt something different about this one in front of her.

When Ceres smelled that certain aroma, she knew didn't know it was from a White Moonlight flower. This is the reason why, when she finally saw the flower, she couldn't help but examine it closely. Gil was right. Something was different from this flower. She was only testing if Gil's hypothesis was the same as hers.

She knew that this flower shouldn't even be emitting any kind of smell at all. Moreover, when she drew closer to it, she could vaguely see an aura coming out of it. It was an aura made of little white dots seemingly floating slowly from the small window.

The light was clearly from the full moon outside but, the light wasn't just the moonlight. It carried with it some white speckles of light which is somehow being absorbed by the White Moonlight flower in front of her.

It seems like this flower absorbs the essences which were coming from the moon itself. It's the first time I've seen this type of incident. But, why does it feel like there is something more about this occurrence?

Ceres just stood there silently looking at the flower.

PoisonedGhost Body was tied up there silently secreting cold beads of sweat. His heart wasbeating faster and faster; nervous at what Ceres might do to his precious 'child'. -tbc