96

No one dared to speak seeing the tension between the Emperor and his first son. Even those magicians and representatives of ancient families didn't dare to interrupt.

Glenn continued his speech.

"Everyone knows that the kingdom is divided by factions because of the on-going struggle for the position of crown prince. The factions can be divided among Lucas, me, and the neutral ones. But amidst everything, another faction has already been made even before the start of this struggle. That faction is none other than yours!"

He pointed towards his father, the Emperor. Such actions would thereby result to an execution but because Glenn was the first prince, the royal guards didn't dare to make a move unless the Emperor told them to.

It was the trusted right minister of the Emperor who first shouted an order.

"Pointing fingers and accusing the Emperor is a crime punishable by our laws! Even if you are the first prince, we shall execute the punishment onto you! Thus, I order the guards to arrest Prince Glenn!"

Just when the royal guards were about to lay their hands on Glenn, the latter waved his right hand and a ring of fire appeared around him. It startled the guards and made them move back and away from Glenn. But, the ring of fire didn't last long since Glenn wasn't that well verse in magic unlike Lucas. Glenn only learned a little bit of magic and because he has a fire attribute, he was able to execute some moves. However, his field of interest and focus is really in politics.

When the ring of fire disappeared, Glenn narrowed his eyes as he was looking at the right minister.

The right minister handles all the financial resources of the kingdom and was loyal to the current Emperor. In the kingdom's history, most of the official position in the kingdom was replaced by the current Emperor when the previous one died. The right minister was also one of those that the current Emperor favored and gave a position. As such, Glenn didn't really like this old man who wanted to harm him.

The right minister didn't back down from Glenn's glare.

"This is clearly a rebellion! Guards! Do everything to arrest the first prince!"

The Emperor only stood there in silent watching everything that is happening. He didn't stop the right minister from ordering the royal guards and apprehending Glenn. Clearly, the Emperor is not favoring the first prince.

"Why is the Emperor silent in all of this? Aren't you bothered that even your right minister can order royal guards without your approval? And, why did the right minister need the aid of these lowly royal guards anyway? Right when this main hall has been graced by the presence of our military affairs minister? Am I wrong, General Arcyl Ellion?"

The side of Glenn's lips curved upwards. He was obviously making fun of the right minister.

Arcyl stepped forward and respectfully bowed to the Emperor.

"If His Majesty wants us to capture the first prince, we will do so but only with enough clear evidence. That is how the military men of this kingdom uphold justice."

After saying those words to the Emperor, Arcyl faced Glenn.

"I have received the report that the men fighting with royal guards outside were your secret forces gathered during your travels. As to why they are fighting outside, I hope that you have a proper explanation or the right minister's accusation of rebellion would really be true."

The silent hall was now bustling with whispers and gasped of some people.

Arcyl turned to look at everyone inside the hall.