110

The competitions on Winsterein kingdom went on. The top three spots were taken by two student of Heaven's Peak and one from Holy Cross Academy. It is said that only the top three spots can go and compete in the Great Magi Conference. I these spots, Lucas was not even mentioned.

Contrary to everyone's conclusion, Lucas went into training. Even before the competition ended, the headmaster hastily went back to Heaven's Peak along with Lucas. The headmaster knew that Lucas needed more guidance or else, his inner demons will consume him. Regarding his place in the competition and his chance to compete at the Great Magi Conference, the headmaster assured Lucas that if he overcame his inner demons, he would still be able to get a place at the conference. The reason is that they will file a request to have him enter if he succeeded. Lucas, on the other hand, didn't mind anything. He only wants to get stronger and find out the truth about Ceres.

Actually, the reason the headmaster had no choice but to aid Lucas is because Lucas was almost consumed by his inner demons. When only the headmaster promised Lucas that they will find out more about Ceres did his inner demons stopped and calmed down for a bit. As such, Lucas was now more relaxed and can start focusing on his training once more.

Glenn was still being kept as a prisoner and the trials still hasn't started even after the competitions. Well, something is really fishy about Dwight's decisions and the other things happening in the palace.

Nevertheless, Dwight knew that he offended a lot of people because of what happened in the banquet. Thus, he has been making a lot of effort to console people and gain their favor once more.

---

Evergreen Garden, a school located in Fay kingdom...

The people guarding the ancient array all coughed out blood for some unknown reasons.

"What is..."

Some of them were have stronger mental strength and was able to clear their minds faster.

"Someone inform the headmaster!"

"Is everyone alright?"

"Loo---look!"

"The array... It can't be..."

The ancient array which hasn't been opened was suddenly emitting a strong aura of repulsion against the people surrounding and guarding it.

"Stay away from the array immediately!"

"Did someone go and look for the headmaster?"

"Navil went ahead!"

"Don't get too close to the array. We might trigger something..."

The ancient array only kept on emitting that strange aura and nobody was able to get close to it. All the guards have been waiting for the headmaster but deep inside, they were all afraid. If something unexpected happened, they will be the first ones to be dragged into it and probably, be killed.

---

A man and a woman were sitting on wooden chairs in the middle of a forest. Between them is a small table which has various sweets and two cups of tea on it. The man was quietly sipping his tea while the woman kept on eating the sweets.

"You are still such a boring character. How can you enjoy tea when it's supposed to be an alcohol in this kind of day?"

The woman was still eating the sweets yet, she felt like she wasn't happy with it.

"You are just an old woman who doesn't know how to appreciate the grand taste of tea. Also, you kept on complaining but this set of sweets is the 7th set I have. One more set and I will never have any packed food anymore."

"You call this packed food? Heh! These are plain desserts! These are not food! I want meat!! Give me meat!!"

"Stop complaining and hunt some beats for yourself if you want meat."

"You are still stingy! Your old age didn't even have the power to change your stingy character!"

"Hah! You are also old and yet, you are still lazy! You even resorted to picking up herbs and other grasses just because you don't want to hunt for yourself!"

"I hate hurting living things!!"

"Why don't you just die so that your corpse may become fertilizer for plants and this world will have one less people breathing uselessly?"

"You---!"

"What?"

"You... You... You are so mean!!! You always anger me to death! I only want to eat meat!! You are bullying meeee!! I hate you, old fart! I hate youuu!! You are so..."

The woman started crying and ranting and crying again. Old Na can't help but put some kind of earplugs in his ears. He looks like he's used to these kinds of things. Thus, he continued to quietly sip his tea.

I wonder how Ceres' is doing. I kind of miss those two brats. -tbc

A/N: Finally!! Done with today's update. :D My internet connection failed me a while ago that I thought I wouldn't be able to post five chapters. I almost gave up and just go to sleep but, I ought to finish updating!

Anyway, I know I've been gone for so long. It has been months, I believe? Putting aside a lot of things that happened, I'm thankful for everyone who patiently waited for the updates. Also, thank you to everyone who kept on reading 'Ceres' and those who just began reading this story. Thank you for the likes, votes, comments, and messages. Thank you so muuuuuuch!! I hope you enjoyed reading 'Ceres' and please look forward to the next update! :D