37

"I know you will curse me for telling this to you. I know that you didn't want to fight for power. I know aunt Silva will haunt me for telling you about this. But fourth brother, you are the second prince. You can't ignore your position. You have the lives of people in your hands. To protect what your mother painstakingly sacrificed for, all I can do is ask for your assistance. I need you to protect not only our family but this land and its people. Fourth brother, can you do it?"

Orion thought about a lot of things. He was the second prince. He knew his family much more than anyone outside the royal palace. If this is happening to their land, what about the others? If he has people depending on him, will he be able to answer to them if anything bad happens? If he ever fights for his position, will he be able to change anything? Will he be able to shoulder all the responsibilities that he has to? Will he make this kingdom a better place?

This is a big decision that will change his life. He has to think more about this.

After a month of treatment, Liuis' condition almost came back to his peak condition. Even though he can finally stand up and roam around, his real condition was still concealed. They still portrayed Hunts family as a weak family nearing its end but despite that, those in the light know that the Hunts family is as stable as they were before. They are still the most powerful family in Moss Valley.

The authorities tried to link the Tanumo family's demise to both Dante and Hunts families but they just can't find any evidence. The autopsies only say that they died due to heart failure. No poisons, no medicines, no anything. Everything was done without any room for error. How Ceres did that? Nobody will perhaps know.

"You need not see us out. We will need to secretly leave Moss Valley. If there's anything you need to know about your grandfather's treatment, you may contact me through the sound transmission."

Ceres and Gil packed their things and were ready to go when Orion, Guy, and Liuis wanted to see them off.

Liuis respectfully bowed to Ceres.

"I can't thank you enough for what you have done to our family. In the future, I hope that we will see each other again and not in the secret anymore."

Liuis laughed and after a few seconds, he became serious and respectful again.

"Please tell your master, sir Pangeon, that whatever assistance or request he needs, Hunts family will do anything to help him."

Ceres didn't say anything and slightly bowed to Liuis after which, Orion went near her and wanted to talk to her privately. Liuis and Guy gave way. Guy was talking to Gil and also thanking him while Liuis went out of the courtyard to give them space and time to bid their farewells.

"What will you do from now on?"

Orion asked Ceres.

"What do you want to say?"

Ceres knew that it wasn't the thing that Orion wanted to talk about.

"About the payment..."

Orion hesitantly says but he can't avoid the topic either.

"You already paid for the treatment and herbs. About the other one... I will settle with a promissory note. Once you become the king, you can definitely pay me."

Ceres passed by him and was about to go to Gil and tell him they will be leaving when Orion said,

"I will need to do a lot of things. Will you be able to wait even if it takes a long time?"

Ceres smiled and said,

"It will definitely take time but make sure to become a good king."

That smile of hers was genuine and it caught Orion off guard. He didn't know why but deep inside, he wanted to prove himself to this kid in front of him. One can say that with what Ceres said, Orion's decision to fight for the throne is now 100% guaranteed.