19

"What do you mean? Is there something wrong with my attribute?"

"If you make an oath to not reveal this information to anyone and not letting anyone know about this skill of yours, I will tell you what I know and to the best of my abilities, keep you safe from any harm."

If the old man was going to protect her before, it was only because he was curious about her attribute and then later, got scared of the mysterious person. However, this time, it's different. He will swear to protect her because he knew that Ceres should really have something to do with the world's balance!

"I swear to never reveal this information to anyone or my soul shall be shatter---"

"STOP!!"

"What?"

"Don't say things like that!"

"You told me to make an oath."

"Okay. Let us just settle with a promise. If you promise not to reveal this information to anyone... It will be fine."

"I promise."

"You..."

Ceres stared at the old man. Feeling that he just lost, he started explaining to Ceres what he knows and why Ceres must never ever tell anyone about her ability which includes that protector of hers.

---

"Sir Orion, we really need to go back home."

"I do not want to go home. I do not even go back to the royal palace and you want me to go back to that insignificant household? I'm happy with my life right now. I'll continue this until the day I die. Don't bother me anymore, Guy. I'm no longer the second prince and I'm also no longer part of the Hunts family. I'm just an ordinary adventurer."

The two men are still walking down the streets of Roguen City. This is where Guy found his young master, Orion. After searching far and wide in Winsterein kingdom, he finally found his young master. However, it pains him to see that his young master was no longer interested in any familial affairs. If only he could bring back Orion...

Orion stopped walking and started looking at the things that a roadside merchant was selling. He has a curious face at most while other times, he would smirk. Guy, not being able to take what he is seeing, unexpectedly blurted out something he shouldn't have.

"Second Prince! Please go back to the Hunts mansion! Your grandfather is dying soon!!!"

When Guy shouted these words, everyone near them clearly heard it. All of them looked at the man kowtowing on the ground and the man next to him. Everyone thought of the same thing... this ordinary looking man is the second prince. THE SECOND PRINCE!!

When they realized it, everyone also started kneeling. No one dared to meet his gaze. This caught Orion unaware and at the same time, he was cursing Guy for broadcasting his background.

"Everyone, please forget what you heard and continue what you're doing. This humble one will bid farewell to you."

As soon as he said those words, he pulled Guy's collar and started to run away from that part of the city.

When the coast is clear, he punched Guy in the face and told him,

"You! How could you blurt out things like that!? Don't you know that if rumors started spreading about grandfather dying... I will definitely throw you at death's door!"

Guy didn't dare to stand up and kept on kneeling in front of Orion.

"Young master... If I didn't tell you, you wouldn't go home. You need to go home to see your grandfather or else, you would only be seeing his corpse or his grave!"

"Why does grandfather wants to see me? Why is he sick? Aren't there great doctors that the Hunts family can call to cure him? If that's not possible, ask the royal physicians! You do not need me to ask for them, right?"

"We tried everything but everyone that examined the patriarch couldn't cure him. At most they could only help him reduce the pain and prolong his life. But as we speak, his health is deteriorating and soon, the medicines will not be able to help him. We tried asking for the royal physicians but His Highness told us that unless you participate in the fight for the royal crown, he will not lend any helping hand."

Orion was thinking how cruel his father is. Just because the Hunts family is not from the royal queen's lineage, he would completely ignore them. What if he doesn't want to participate with the power struggles in the royal palace? It doesn't mean that he's not his son anymore. This is why he hated the king and wanted his freedom more than anything.

"Even if you tell me about these, it doesn't mean that I---"

Orion was saying something when suddenly, Old Pang went out of his house which is coincidentally, a few meters away from where Orion and Guy were talking.

"Carry on. I didn't hear that you were the second prince and that your old man is dying."

Old Pang immediately went back to his house. He was seriously thinking whether he caught on any bad luck from the guys back at his house. Just when he decided to go out and buy more tea, he overheard the second prince and his retainer talking.

"What was that?"

Orion didn't mind Old Pang being disrespectful since he never wanted people to just kneel in front of him. But, the look on Guy's face was different. He was ecstatic and it's as if he found a new light!

"Young master! That man was the legendary spirit healer, Pangeon!"

"...How did you know?"

"I once saw his portrait in some news and books! He's a spirit healer! Young master! He can help the patriarch!"

"Grandfather needed a spirit healer?"

"The patriarch's sickness is both on his physical and spiritual body! That is why this is not a simple matter, young master!"

"And you want me to beg that old man to heal father? Are you kidding me? I know that legendary existences either charge enormous amount of money or they are so eccentric that they make out of this world requests!"

"Young master! Please try anything for the patriarch! This is the only way for our family to survive!"

"Hold your horses, Guy. What do you mean by the only way to survive? Is there something more than grandfather's illness?"

Guy couldn't hide anything anymore and he began spilling the beans.

"Thetruth is..."  -tbc