56

The bartender immediately went back to where they came from and only the man and the meditating person inside were left in the room.

The man then respectfully bowed to the meditating person.

"This humble one greets master Poisoned Ghost Body."

The meditating person didn't move an inch but there were words heard within the room.

"What business do you have?"

The man didn't lift his head and instead continued bowing.

"This humble one was sent to ask master Poisoned Ghost Body to kill the Emperor of Winsterein kingdom, Dwight Winsterein. The payment shall be discussed when master Poisoned Ghost Body agrees to the request."

The meditating person still didn't move.

"Tell your master to discuss this with me in person or else, I will not accept this job."

A chuckle could then be heard but it only brought chills down the spine of the man.

"Also, make it fast. Send a sound transmission or else, you won't even survive in getting out of this arena."

The man understanding what the meditating person said immediately ran out of the room. The door of the room once again closed and the meditating person was once again left alone inside it.

Less than an hour passed, the bartender went inside the room bearing news that someone wants to see master Poisoned Ghost Body again. The meditating person laughed a little and told them to enter.

"I see... So it's you."

It was the meditating person who spoke first.

A man wearing a navy blue hood and cloak was respectfully bowing towards the meditating person. Only this time, the person who wanted to make a deal didn't continue bowing but instead, sat cross-legged across the meditating person.

Both of them were hiding their identities and looks but it was obvious that both of them knew who the other person is.

"I heard you failed the job requested by the Tanumo family?"

The meditating person waved one of his sleeves and a pill was thrown towards the person making a deal.

"Eat or die."

The person making a deal swallowed the pill without hesitation. Everyone who knows how to make a deal with the Poisoned Ghost Body knows that making contact with the poison master will also incur poison to oneself. If the poison master agrees with the deal or feels like it, only then will he give an antidote to counter whatever poison he was emitting.

"What do you know?"

The meditating person asked the person making a deal.

"I only came here to request if you can kill the Emperor of Winsterein kingdom."

"Do you believe that I can release another kind of poison which can't be countered by the antidote I just gave you?"

The person making a deal smiled but deep inside, he was cursing this poison master. On the other hand, the meditating person coldly snorted.

"I'm allowing you to live for I want to know what you knew about that incident."

"Frankly speaking, I investigated the incident but found no clues at all. I only know that someone ambushed the Golden Rovers caravan that was delivering your pills."

The meditating person slowly stood up and placed his hands behind his back. He recalled the news he received on the day the Tanumo family was massacred.

Although on the surface the news was that the Tanumo family died of a weird illness, those who are not stupid knew that they were killed. But, nobody can find clues as to who the killer might be. The Hunts family was still in trouble because until now, the Hunts' patriarch is still not feeling well. This is why the people didn't suspect them. The Dante family, on the other hand, is near extinction and so they also cannot be the said culprits. They do not have any means since they became so poor and almost wiped out.

What bothered Poisoned Ghost Body was that someone knew of their plans. Of course, this entails that someone also knew who they are and what kind of dealings they have. Because aside from killing the Tanumo family, the caravan that was supposed to deliver the pills did not arrive in Moss Valley at all. Someone ambushed it and acquired the pills Poisoned Ghost Body made. In truth, the ambush was only guessed by those who knew about the pills and the job because not even the tiniest part of the caravan was seen.

The work was done very cleanly and thoroughly. The only down side of everything was that they went and stole the pills. If not for that, everyone will be in the dark.

Stealing the pills means that someone knew that the Hunts family will be targeted. So, in the end, it can only be linked to the Hunts family. Liuis Hunts being in a grave situation until now doesn't entirely mean that the massacre of Tanumo family has nothing to do with the Hunts family. Maybe the person who saved the Hunts cannot cure Liuis. Those are the guesses of Poisoned Ghost Body.

Even though Poisoned Ghost Body badly wanted to know who ruined his job, he didn't dare to act rashly. In fact, he already did his part of concocting the pills so it was not really a failure to his end but instead, in the Golden Rovers end. Still, he wanted to clean his name and also know who in the world killed the Tanumo family.

"I will not kill the Emperor. You can change your target instead. But, if you do not wish to change your target, I will have to ask you to leave immediately."

"Then, Fay kingdom's first prince, Lennard Reynolds. But... He must be killed within Winsterein kingdom. I don't care whether it was during their travel towards Winsterein, during their stay, or during their travel back to Fay kingdom but he must be killed within Winsterein kingdom."

The person standing laughed.

"I really admire your information network however, I found a flaw today."

The person making a deal knew the flaw that was being referred to. It was how he cannot thoroughly investigate the incident of the disappearing pills.

"It looks like this time's competition is something everyone must look forward to."

"I trust that you will accept this job?"

"Of course, I can. However, the payment must be made before I execute the job."

"I will deliver the payment later when I can ensure my safety out of your place."

The person standing laughed out loud. And, with a wave of his hand, the person sitting blanked out.

When he woke up, he was currently inside the bar and was sitting in a table with a glass of beer in front of him. Everyone in the bar was the same. The happy atmosphere never left the bar. Yet, the look on his face is something that could kill a person. He didn't approve of the way he was forced out of Poisoned Ghost Body's place. However, at least he made it out alive.

"Dealingwith that bast*rd is really a pain." -tbc

A/N: By the way guys, I don't really post or comment on other people's profile but I'm really thanking everyone who reads this story. :) Thank you for the comments, votes, and for adding this into your reading list. It puts a smile on my face every time I see new notifications and new victi---err readers that took notice of 'Ceres'. :D

P.S. Can somebody tell me what happens when you put a story in your reading list? Can you read them offline? Is that it? I honestly don't know. OMG. Forgive this soul for being ignorant. I guess I'm one of those rare individuals who rarely goes online and also, doesn't have a hi-tech phone. [But I'm not old, okay???]