28

"The poison in your body has already spread so much that it invaded your organs and bone marrows. Getting this poison out of your body would not be a big deal though, it may take time. Now, the problem lies with the source of the poison. It is inside your body. We need to take it out soon or else, your spiritual body would be further weakened and may even be permanently damaged. Not only that, your life essence has been continuously decreasing as it remains in your body. It has already taken a few years from you. This thing eats both your spiritual and life essence at an alarming rate. Fortunately, you have a solid foundation that you survived this far."

When all of them heard this information, they were all speechless. Something that eats both your spirit and life essence without you knowing is certainly dangerous. How can a person be infected with such thing?

"This is a certain type of parasite. It was something that survived through devouring other parasites for a long period of time. The reason why it is hard to find is because it has concealed itself with your life essence while hiding in the innermost part of your body."

"Wait! How did you know about this if even numerous experts weren't able to find out about this? And also, how did my grandfather acquire such a thing?"

Orion was seriously anxious. He has heard that this parasite has already taken a few years from his grandfather and as they speak, it is continuously devouring his life essence. Thinking about the time when his grandfather acquired this disease, it was only a matter of two months. Such thing already took a lot from his grandfather in that short amount of time and of course, he is extremely worried. If something happens to his grandfather, their family might really collapse. Even though he says that he doesn't care about the Hunts anymore, the blood of Hunts is still flowing inside him.

"If others can't find it, it doesn't mean that I can't as well. This parasite must enter your body through ingestion or open wounds. I can't estimate the exact time when you had been first infected with this parasite so I can't exactly tell you how you acquired it. But if I take out this parasite, I may be able to give you more information."

"Will you be able to take it out?"

Liuis was also anxious but it never showed on his face. He knows that their family has enemies and it is inevitable for them to get killed. He already accepted that he will die sooner or later but he is not yet ready. He still has to turn over everything to the next patriarch and it was still too soon for Henry.

"The parasite is inside your heart. If you trust me, I will help you."

Ceres said a straightforward statement. Because the parasite is in Liuis' heart, if one is not careful, it may lead to Liuis' instant death. She needed to inform them about the whole picture. On the other hand, she clearly stated that if they trust her and will not question any of her actions, she will be able to heal Liuis. It all comes down to their decision of whether to allow Ceres to heal Liuis or not. They even can't consider asking sir Pangeon because he said that if only Ceres was not able to heal Liuis would he personally come.

"Would this be difficult for other spirit healers or physicians? What level do they need to actually be able to heal father??"

Orion does not fully trust Ceres' healing abilities and given the grave situation his grandfather is in, they cannot be reckless and make rash decisions. He was thinking of asking for royal physicians to help his grandfather since they already know the real condition of his grandfather. Ceres is just a child and she even looks like a kid around ten years old. How can they place the life of his grandfather on a kid?

If they can't even find the source of the disease, how can they even cure it? Although Ceres did not mind Orion's question because it only indicates how he does not fully trust her, she can't help but furrow her brows. Not being able to cure Liuis means that she will not be able to have a chance on entering Evergreen Garden.

"I don't know."

Ceres wanted to speak more but she resigned herself. She's not used to pressing on others when they doubt her. If her client doesn't want her service, she respects their decision.

"Young child, I trust sir Pangeon's abilities and to become his disciple means that you're also exceptional. Other doctors and spirit healers have already checked my condition and they weren't able to deduce anything which is why I commend your abilities. But, can I ask how much time I still have if the parasite is not taken out? I know that I'm already old and have accepted that I will die sooner or later but this time is not yet good."

While the statement of Liuis may sound like he trusts Ceres, he truly doesn't. She also knew this fact.

"Around one to two years."

It is way too short! Moreover, Liuis' health is deteriorating and even if he has a year or two, he will not be able to do whatever he needs to do.

"Can you let us give you an answer tomorrow whether you can heal grandfather or not? We just need to talk about this first."

Ceres only nodded. Orion asked Guy to show Ceres and Gil where they will be staying at for the night. These rooms were near Liuis' courtyard and prepared specifically for Ceres and Gil to use. Orion also told them that the food shall be personally delivered by Guy.

Once the instructions were given out, Guy asked Ceres and Gil to follow him to their quarters. Orion stayed in his grandfather's room so that they can talk a bit more.

"Grandfather, I will try to contact father and ask for royal physicians to help us. Can you wait for me for a couple of days? The sound transmission will not be able to reach father from this city."

Liuis coughed before speaking which made Orion even more worried.

"Thank you, Orion, for doing this. Even though I was not able to act as a grandfather to you and I had been a bad father to your mother, I'm still grateful that you are still willing to help our household. But, I don't think it's a good choice to contact the Royal Emperor. We have already tried but it's no good."

"What do you mean, grandfather? Guy told me that father said he will help us as long as I fight for the crown prince position. Even though I know that I have no chance for the position, I will try and carry out my duties."

"That retainer of yours probably said that so that you will come home. I didn't want to personally say this but you have to make sure to live freely and if possible, take care of your fifth cousin. All of your cousins came back because I asked them to. I have talked to everyone except you. Your first and second cousin have secured futures ahead of them because they studied in prestigious schools. They can take care of themselves. Your third cousin can live with his master and learn more. However, your fifth cousin does not have anyone besides me. I thought that you might be able to take care of him while you're living on your own. I'm saying this because our household is nearing its end. If I can't be healed then, there's no way we can keep our household."

"Are you saying that... There's no other way? You are only concern of continuing our bloodline but not of this household! I told you I'll sacrifice my freedom and beg father to save you! If you die... If this household meets its end... Then, for what did mother die? I refuse for you to give up on your life!"

"His Highness has already abandoned you. He told us that he will not acknowledge you anymore. The first prince is doing well with his duties and he is expanding his influence throughout the kingdom. The third prince is an exceptional magician and is also gaining favourable attention from the Royal Emperor. This is why he told us that even if you beg him for your position in the royal family, he will just ignore you. He only considers the two princes as his sons. You were not even treated as part of his family. I didn't want to tell you this but I had no choice. You don't deserve that person as your father. He is the emperor before he became your father. That is why you must not take this into your heart. Live freely. Don't let others dictate your life. This will probably be my last opportunity to at least become a grandfather to all of you. I'm sorry for everything."

Hearingthis, Orion felt that his heart stopped beating. He thought that he did abandonhis position as royal prince but somehow, his father must still have theconscience and heart of being his father. Unquestionably, what he heard fromhis grandfather today made him feel that he was really abandoned by everyone instead.  -tbc