98

"That is..."

"Isn't that a bit... Did he want the Emperor to decide right here and right now?"

"Well, considering how the third prince hasn't cleared his position, maybe the first prince wanted to seize this opportunity..."

True enough, Glenn knew that Lucas would decline the position of crown prince and he would do so in front of his teachers and schoolmates. He also knew that Orion, although present in this banquet, wouldn't get on his father's good graces and be considered as crown prince. Thus, Glenn must have really planned for this thing to happen.

"I... Do you intend me to announce the crown prince position no matter what happens?"

The Emperor could only sigh as he looked at how serious Glenn was.

"I have always wanted to give the crown prince position to Lucas, my third son. But..."

Lucas walked forward and respectfully bowed at the Emperor. He then turned to face Glenn.

"Even if this kingdom wanted me to be the crown prince, I would refuse such position. My interests have always been different from my first and second brother. I would like to focus on my training and be proficient in the field of magic."

Then, Lucas clasped his hands to everyone and went to the back once again. He didn't like the limelight and isn't interested in politics anyway. All he could think of is just...

The Heaven's Peak headmaster sighed not because he was interested in Lucas being the Emperor but because of other things. It was all too clear that something inside Lucas was growing more and more intense. He was carefully thinking of what to do with Lucas as of the moment.

"Everyone has heard my third son. With that, who would be fit to be the crown prince? I cannot randomly announce you, Glenn, as the crown prince because you have caused a ruckus in this kingdom and in this banquet. You have to atone for that. Thus, I hereby regretfully say that I still----"

Right when the Emperor was about to say his final judgment, the door of the main hall opened. Three people went inside: Ceres, Gil, and Thousand Face dressed as one of the servers in the banquet.

Ceres and Gil were holding onto Thousand Face's shoulders as they approached Lennard and Leona. Leonard kept standing in his position. No matter what happens in this night, he would be able to keep his calm and observe carefully as long as Ceres and Gil are already here.

Of course, this group of people knew that the main hall right now was focused on the Emperor and first prince's dispute however, they did not care, particularly Ceres.

"Who is this person?"

Lennard asked Ceres and Gil. Everyone listened to them. Thousand Face, on the other hand, was awfully silent.

It was Gil who answered and everything was according to Ceres.

"This person is the assassin known as Thousand Face. He was responsible for killing the Empress. We wanted to turn him to the Fay Kingdom's royal siblings because he was working with another assassin who was responsible for almost kidnapping the Fay kingdom's princess and the one who almost killed you on your way here."

Everyone couldn't help but gasped at this sudden turn of events.

"Someone caught Thousand Face!!"

"Isn't he one of the top three assassins in our kingdom? Why... How could they easily catch him?"

"This is insane! He looked like an ordinary guy and he even posed as a server in this banquet!"

The Emperor's lips twitched as he was interrupted and also, it seemed like the incident this night wasn't done. He thought that they could peacefully retire already but here comes another piece on the puzzle.