63

Gil appeared right behind Poisoned Ghost Body and executed a move to injure the latter. However, the assassin was prepared ever since he saw that the people that were supposed to do an ambush were instead lying on the ground and not breathing anymore.

"Who are you?"

Poisoned Ghost Body was actually right outside the inn. He was wearing a large dark red hood and cloak which conceals his appearance and somehow, presence. In contrast, Gil was wearing a frowning white face mask to also conceal his looks.

Both Poisoned Ghost Body and Gil continued exchanging moves while Gil was making the former move away from the inn. He doesn't want Poisoned Ghost Body to discover Ceres. He needed to keep Ceres safe no matter what.

Gil uses a sword while Poisoned Ghost Body was using two ring-like blades. Sometimes, Poisoned Ghost Body would even throw those blades and it would act like a boomerang and come back to him. Even though Poisoned Ghost Body was a renowned poison master, he was also proficient in fighting. He could keep up with Gil.

They continued fighting until they reached the border of the town. Poisoned Ghost Body then started releasing a kind of poison from his body. Gil was not afraid of inhaling it because he drank a lot of antidotes. Also, when Ceres comes, he will definitely be saved.

When Poisoned Ghost Body released the poison, he didn't think that someone would be immune to it. He started wondering how and also, who in the world is this person?

He thought about any past incidences and only one came to his mind that may be related to this person he was fighting with: Moss Valley!

"Are you the one who stole my pills back then!?"

Poisoned Ghost Body could keep up with Gil's speed because his attribute is actually wind. This is also the reason why he can specifically make people inhale his poison. Moreover, he is considered as one of the fastest people in the whole Winsterein kingdom.

Their fight continued and they even reached the forest. As the fight gets longer, Poisoned Ghost Body already released a number of poisons. Some of which even killed the animals, plants, and trees. Poisoned Ghost Body also realized that he should only think about escaping because clearly, this person fighting with him doesn't lose stamina and also, not affected by his poisons. Those are his secret weapons!

The renowned assassin is clearly at a disadvantage. He is injured while his opponent is not. Gil cut him here and there but those cuts were only superficial and not that deep. However, the numbers of cuts are numerous that one will lose blood if not treated immediately.

"You don't want to talk? Well, it's not a problem..."

Poisoned Ghost Body was losing this fight and he doesn't like it. He was a renowned assassin and he never fails. How can a he lose here? He needed to escape and take revenge.

He was standing in a two meters away from Gil. He was already panting heavily and his complexion, if one can see, is getting paler and paler. Gil, on the other hand, was calm and composed as usual.

"I will release my newest poison. Even I don't have an antidote for this..."

He doesn't care if even he, himself, will be affected by his own poison. Even though his body is immune to a number of poisons, there will still be some that can affect him even in the slightest. But, this new poison he made was something that he only coincidentally carried this time. It was his last resort. Truth be told, he hasn't started studying its antidote that is why he doesn't have any. And so, he thought that even if he acquired this poison himself, once he goes back to his lair, he will be able to make the antidote.