117

In the northernmost region of Winsterein kingdom is the coldest and harshest place in it. People call it, "The Eternal Snow Region". There are basically no human habitants in the said region because no one can actually survive the cold and unpredictable snowstorm coupled with strong ferocious beasts lurking inside it. Even though it is a dangerous place, some adventurers still love exploring this region. There are still many hidden mysteries in it as well as priceless artifacts, herbs, and other treasures. Though it is dangerous, there are those who would still accept the challenge just to have money, look for an adventure, or make a name for themselves. As such, there are small towns and shops built just outside the border of the region. Those were built to accommodate the ones who wish to try their luck at the snowy region or just live quietly outside the kingdom's relentless persecution.

Ceres and Gil stepped into one of these towns and are currently filling their stomachs in a certain tavern.

"Another group got it."

"What do you mean?"

"The amount of people being slain these days has increased."

"Maybe, a lot of the adventurers went inside this time?"

"No. It's different. Even for those staying in towns, there are news of people disappearing."

"Well, it's that time of the year again."

"Are you kidding? It's too early!"

Ceres and Gil continued eating peacefully but upon hearing what the people in the tavern were talking about, Ceres already told Gil of her orders. Right after paying for their meal, the two split up and went on their separate ways. Gil was to gather more information about the northernmost region while Ceres will find an inn for them.

Inside one of the rooms which Ceres rented, Ceres was meditating. She wanted to clear up her mind before doing anything.

Ever since that incident with Poisoned Ghost Body, she kept on recalling and dreaming about her previous world; particularly, her so-called 'father'. Ceres can't concentrate if she keeps on recalling it because all of her emotions are once again stirring up. For someone who used to be cold-blooded and should be cold-blooded, this is a hindrance.

"Princess."

Ceres opened her eyes and saw Gil standing in front of her.

"Gil."

Gil didn't respond and instead, kept his head hanging low.

"I can't seem to properly use my abilities today."

"We can delay this one, princess. If you want, we can go to---"

"No."

Ceres closed her eyes for a second and then, opened them once again; as if composing herself.

"I'm afraid... It will be late if we postponed this."

"If you allow me, princess."

Gil looked at Ceres. Ceres was somehow taken aback with Gil's seriousness at this time but she still kept her calm face.

"It's not like you should go saving everybody whenever your visions turn up. It's not your job to make---"

"I know."

Ceres looked down on the floor though it is obvious that her mind was at somewhere else.

"Something is coming. I need to intervene with some things. I just felt it. Or , it will all be too late."

"If only master was here..."

Ceres smiled but since she was looking down, Gil wasn't able to see it.

He will be able to help me. I know.

Ceres looked at Gil and,

"I just need more time. Perhaps, tomorrow, we can go inside the region."

"As you wish, princess."

Gil bowed and then, disappeared. He went to his own room. However, since Ceres was having problems, he did not dare sleep and instead, kept on monitoring everything.

---

"Blood Snow. That title, shouldn't belong to you anymore."

A group of women dressed in sky blue body fit leather were surrounding Blood Snow, the one whom Ceres saved in the competitions.

Blood Snow was kneeling on the ice-cold floor. Her hands were tied behind her back and blood was dripping out of her mouth. She was always calm and composed but at that moment, she was glaring at everybody; cursing them in her heart.

"The rites should begin or everyone will die. Choose. Your life or all of us will die here and now?"

A woman dressed in sky blue long gown was walking towards the group ofwomen surrounding Blood Snow. This woman was in her 50s. Her age is apparentwith her looks but even though she was smiling and looked to be a nice lady,her eyes are betraying that smile. Those eyes clearly contain ruthlessness.