36

The masked person stood up and walked towards Yunoki. As soon as he was near Yunoki, he stopped for a few seconds before he waved one of his hands. Silver blurs dash out from his sleeves and went straight into Yunoki's heart. He was still numb and couldn't feel that something is currently embedded in his chest. Meanwhile, the masked person once again waved one of his hands after which, Yunoki started to feel something. He felt his whole body was being pierced with millions of needles.

He tried channeling his essences but still, it was no good. He still couldn't control it. He fell on his bed and started touching his chest area which hurts the most. He didn't see or feel any blood but his chest area definitely is aching. He could also feel that his heart beat started to slow down as if it would stop at any moment.

Is he going to die? How can someone sneak into their mansion and how can someone escape from his senses?

Yunoki tried to look at the person standing in front of him. Their eyes met but then, Yunoki's mind went blank.

"The patriarch died. The others will soon follow him."

The masked person left Yunoki's bed chamber and went to his herb garden.

"I shall gladly receive this bonus."

After some time, the masked person was nowhere to be found in the Tanumo mansion. The Moss Valley remained silent and tranquil; as if nothing happened at all.

---

The next morning, news spread in Moss Valley. The important figures of Tanumo family inside their mansion all died. Even the youngsters were not spared. The only surviving people were some servants and guards.

Everybody seemed to have died from a strange illness. They do not have any wounds or scars in their body and appeared to have been sleeping when they died. This brought fear on some of the residents of Moss Valley. Others rejoiced at the death of the Tanumo family particularly the Dante family.

Of course, such news has also reached the Hunts family.

Ceres was quietly drinking tea in the courtyard of Liuis. Gil was, as usual, standing behind her. Orion was sitting across from Ceres and Guy was standing beside the door of Liuis courtyard. Liuis was peacefully resting on his bed. The spirit healing session for the day has just ended.

A lot of things are going through Orion's mind right now. The most evident one is a kid assassinating the whole Tanumo family.

"Matters regarding the aftermath, it'll be your responsibility."

Ceres said those words after she sipped her tea.

"I know. They will, of course, suspect our family."

Orion placed his hands in front of his nose and lips thinking of plans to make sure that their household will be safe. He wasn't used to this kind of thing. Planning and strategizing wasn't his thing. But, because hiring Ceres to assassinate the Tanumo family was his doing, he has to see everything to the very end. He has to make sure that no one in their family will get into trouble.

"Is there anything I need to take note of? The spy will be taken care of in the following week to avoid suspicion."

Orion already talked to Henry about some things. He didn't have to worry about their other siblings since they were already out of the mansion three days after Ceres diagnosed Liuis. Henry was the only one who remained to manage their household.

"I only came here to do my job. The rest is up to you."

When Orion heard this, he jolted. He knew that asking Ceres is already too much. He couldn't help but wonder why this kid in front of him seemed to be more dependable than anyone he knew.