14

Inside Ceres' room, she was sitting cross-legged in her bed with her eyes closed. She was channeling the spiritual essences from her surroundings into her body. This is pretty much what she does when she meditates. It seems like the internal energy she circulates in her previous world is the same as the spirit essence of this world. The only difference is that Ceres can see this energy with her naked eye. In the middle of her meditation, she felt a slight disturbance in her surrounding and when she opened her eyes, she saw the mysterious man once again.

He was wearing an elegant clothing of dark green. He was sitting in a chair across Ceres while smiling at her.

"Right when your spiritual body recovered, you can immediately detect my presence. I think I have to raise the bar higher so that I can freely go inside your room."

Both of them remained in their current position. Ceres looked so calm but deep inside, she was cursing this mysterious man. Immediately detect him? Is that supposed to be a joke? She can already detect Old Na's presence once he entered the suburbs but not this man in front of her. She was only able to detect him when he was already in her room.

Furthermore, this man in front of her came without even alerting those old men outside. Wasn't this making fun of them?

"Can you at least tell me your name?"

"I'm glad you're not afraid of me anymore."

"If you want to harm me, why would you even give me those precious and rare herbs just to help me recover?"

He chuckled and then, started pouring tea to a cup on the table beside him. The tea was Winterbell which was also Ceres' favorite.

The obvious thing was that the cup he used was the same cup that Ceres used before she entered her meditation.

"I like this one."

After drinking the tea, he stood up. But, he didn't go near Ceres. He was only standing across her with his hands behind his back while staring intently at Ceres. Those eyes were surely captivating Ceres and still carries both the warmth and coldness she was familiar with.

"I won't be staying here that long since I still have a lot of things to do. Most probably, I won't be with you for a long time. But, I'd like you to remember that no matter what attribute you have, don't let others easily know about it. I'm sure you'd understand this."

His gaze never left Ceres. Somehow, Ceres felt that the coldness in those eyes disappeared and only warmth can be felt. Thus, she furrowed her brows at this change in attitude.

"My princess... For the days that I'm not with you, please take care of yourself. Can you also stop being so kind to others so that I wouldn't have to worry about you all the time?"

The mysterious man walked until he was only a few inches in front of Ceres and reached out his hand to touch her face. However, he didn't do it and pulled his hand away. Ceres didn't move because she knew he wasn't going to harm her. But what she didn't know is why her heart started beating so fast. Whether it was from nervousness or from being afraid, she cannot understand.

I have only met this man in this world and for a number of times that can even be counted on my fingers but, why do I feel that he's very familiar?

With a wave of his hand, the mysterious man disappeared without any warning once again.

"I didn't get his name."

---

In Arcyl's study room, he was reading a paper containing some information about Ceres.

"She wasn't burnt to death. Someone actually brought her to the Heaven and Earth's End. But... Anyone who falls in that cliff wouldn't be seen ever again."