92

Lucas was about to go to where Leona was standing when suddenly, another shadow passed by him.

"Stay."

Even with an order that looked like a warning, all he could think of was to take out his sword and give chase to the two shadows. But, before he could even ran towards the direction where the shadows went, in his arms was Leona who was now unconscious.

"Take care of her."

The second shadow was able to retrieve Leona in that short amount of time and even chase after the white shadow. It actually left Leona under Lucas' protection.

All Lucas could do now is guard Leona and ran towards the main hall. He has to make sure that Leona would be safe or else...

In front of him was Leonard who came running right after he and Ceres heard Leona's scream.

The truth is that, Leonard and Ceres followed Leona and Lucas but they kept their distance. Then, after hearing Leona's scream, Leonard told Ceres to get inside the hall while he would ran towards Lucas and Leona.

Ceres, of course, followed his orders. She was even thinking of asking for help but she remembered what Dotrald said to her.

'Do not make unnecessary actions in the banquet.'

Fortunately, nothing happened to Leona. Leonard noticed that she was only sleeping. However, to make sure nothing really happened to her, they would have to call for the royal physicians. Thus, they hurriedly went inside the hall.

Out of nowhere, Gil appeared beside Leonard who stunned Leonard and Lucas.

"The royal palace in under attack."

Once Gil blurted out those words, noises were heard from different places of the royal palace. There were even smoke coming from some places and guards were running and fighting everywhere. There were bandits and there were even royal guards who were fighting with other royal guards. This palace is now in chaos!

Inside the hall, all the guests were asked to calm down. The generals inside the hall called out to their subordinates and asked about the situation outside. Of course, Dwight was also asking about the situation outside.

Lennard was worried about Leona because he couldn't see the latter. Even though he thought that Ceres would protect her sister, he couldn't help but be worried since Ceres, Gil, and Leonard were also nowhere to be found.

Right after the commotion broke out, Beatrice suddenly ran inside the main hall and screamed.

"The princess of Fay kingdom was taken away! Please hurry and help Lucas!!!"

Dotrald's eyes went big and hurriedly went over to Beatrice. Evelyn and the headmaster of Heaven's Peak also went over to her.

All of them asked,

"What did you say?!"

Beatrice was, unexpectedly, following Lucas and Leona. She didn't dare make a move but only eavesdropping. Her position was different from Leonard and Ceres. This is the reason why she didn't know that Leonard and Ceres were also listening to Lucas and Leona.

She was about to go out and make a scene when Leona was encouraging Lucas but then, she saw the white shadow took Leona away.

This, in turn, surprised her and she hurriedly went inside to tell everyone. Of course, she knew that Lucas would be able to protect himself and that Leona didn't know any magic at all.

Instead of helping Lucas and Leona, since she knows magic, she instead went inside to cause a commotion. She actually wanted to leave Lucas behind all for the sake of harming Leona. She didn't even think about Lucas' safety at all.

Evelyn was about to charge out when suddenly, Leonard, Gil, and Lucas came inside carrying Leona who was now unconscious.

Everyone's gaze was on those four people.

Lennard came running towards them when suddenly, the guards outside the main door cried out and the main door was locked from the outside.

Those who don't know magic and cannot defend themselves panic but those who do, kept their calm and remained in their positions.

All of a sudden, with some people panicking, the empress stood up from her seat and was about to tug the emperor's sleeve when... Her head fell.

The empress' head was cut clean from her neck and her head rolled over the royal table and then, on the floor below.

Everyone stood silent but of course, following silence is always some kind of noise.

Someone started screaming which in turn made the panic-stricken people feel more terrified.

Gil, suddenly, made a move and once again disappeared into the shadows. The retainers and personal guards were already near their masters but they still stuck even closer because of what happened to the royal empress.

The teachers told their students to stay calm and not to move a finger. The ancient families stood in their places and observed things. In simpler terms, no matter what anyone does at this point, it looked like something was really about to begin.

Truth be told, who had the audacity to kill the royal empress in the midst of everyone including those with magic?

The royal emperor was isolated from even his sons as he was surrounded with royal guards. Glenn has his retainer with him and was seemingly looking at everything with his half-closed eyes. On the other hand, Orion is with Guy. Before, Orion was beside Arcyl and Lennard however, Lennard went to Leona and Arcyl was already making arrangements with some guards.

Everyone was on guard and when they could suddenly hear clashing of weapons, all of them turned quiet.

The noises they could hear before were the screams outside, the alarm signaling a fire broke out, and the clash of weapons outside the hall which means that the soldiers and guards were fighting outside. However, a particular sound of clashing weapons can be heard inside the main hall! This is why everyone stood on guard and kept silent.

People are fighting inside the main hall but not everyone could actually see who it is!

Only those with high level of magic could detect something. They could see two shadows clashing around the main hall while seemingly avoiding hurting anyone else. And, all they did was watch in silence.

"Who in the world..."

Suddenly, the two shadows went near the main door and the door got opened! The shadows rushed out and when almost everyone seemed to want to rush out of the royal palace, Glenn spoke.

"Noone leaves this main hall!" -tbc

A/N: If you still went on with reading this update, I applaud you for your patience. *claps 10x*