52

"Okay. Let's rest. It's already this late."

Just when Old Na wanted to pat Ceres' head, his hand froze even before he could land it on her head. Then, soon after, a force field appeared repelling Old Na a few meters away from Ceres.

Ceres looked dumbfounded. Just when Old Na was about to touch her head, she felt something warm inside her body and then it came out and became a force field. She was so surprised to see Old Na flying away in the middle of the night.

Gil, on the other hand, noticed that something lit up on Ceres' left hand. It looked like a symbol of some sort. He immediately went closer to Ceres but did not intend to touch her even in the slightest.

"Princess, something is wrong with your body. I saw your left hand lit up with some kind of symbol or drawing."

Ceres looked at her left hand but did not see anything. There was a few seconds of silence before she looked at Gil and blinked twice.

Gil understood and resigned to his fate.

"I understand."

Gil slowly tried to touch Ceres' arm but then again, a force field appeared out of thin air around Ceres. Gil then, went flying a few meters away from her.

She sensed the same warmth that she felt a while ago when Old Na tried to pat her head. Also, she looked closely at the symbol lighting up on the back of her left hand. It was the first time she has seen those kinds of symbols.

Old Na was able to pick himself up but did not dare to go close to Ceres once more. He only stood across Ceres; with the fire in between them.

"Can you draw the symbol you saw on your left hand? Maybe I can deduce what it is."

Ceres picked up a tree branch near her and started drawing on the ground near the fire.

Gil also returned to their resting area when Ceres picked up the tree branch.

"These are array symbols, right?"

As soon as she finished drawing, she asked Old Na.

Ceres' knowledge of arrays is very limited. In her previous world, there's no such thing as arrays and also the books that the previous Ceres read did not contain that much information about it. Old Pang's library did have some book about it but still, those are few.

"This is..."

Both Ceres and Gil looked at Old Na who was, at the moment, holding his chin with one of his hands.

"This is definitely a protective array. Some of the array symbols are part of those for protection and based on what happened earlier, we certainly do know what it can do. However, there are some array symbols here that I'm not that familiar. It's the first time I've seen it."

Old Na was, of course, surprised at this. He has vast knowledge and probably one of the few who can be considered a master teacher on almost every profession out there. Yet, seeing some of the symbols which he can't even distinguish made him think that maybe even expert array masters won't be able to know what those are.

"I really can't tell what array symbols those are. But, when we go back to my place, maybe I'll find more clues. In the meantime, can you at least remember when you acquired such thing? I believe that you don't have that before."

Old Na was clearly curious and also disappointed at himself. There are still a lot of things that he doesn't know despite living for far too long.

Then again, thinking that hard, he knew that maybe the mysterious person can be responsible for such thing. Perhaps, it was the same person who placed that protective array on Ceres. The question is... When?

It was also something that even someone on the same level as Old Na can't fathom. He was somehow glad that there is something that can at least protect Ceres.

Ceres was then trying to remember some of her previous encounters. Gil, on the side, already guessed what happened and who did it.

When Ceres remembered that certain night, she froze for a moment. Then, as if nothing happened, she remained expressionless.

It was clearly that man's doing! He even masked this as a promise when in fact, this is harassment! Clearly harassment!

"I can't remember."

...Was all she said. But everyone in this group already knew.

Old Na coughed twice before he started speaking once more.

"Anyway, this is a good thing since it can be a protection from other people trying to harm you. But don't depend on it too much. We still don't know to what extent it can protect you, okay?"

It's more like a protection from everyone else. Even if one doesn't intend to harm Ceres, one must still be careful when approaching her.

Old Na couldn't help but sigh and Ceres was thinking how she will be able to have that person pay for this.

"...Is there some way to remove this?"

"I really can't tell."

Then, Old Na looked at Gil who then, looked away. It only means that even Gil doesn't know what specifics that protective array has.

"Don't worry, Ceres. As long as we are careful and other people are careful, you need not worry."

More like as long as Ceres is careful.

"So we will not be able to know how to deactivate such thing? Is this really powerful that even you were forced to back away?"

Ceres was worried that she had to bare consequences if this protective array is something they can't comprehend as soon as possible. Maybe even walking around a town or city will become dangerous unless that mysterious person shows up and remove this silly protection.

What in the world is he even thinking?!

Ceres thought of those words and was really starting to get angry at the mysterious person.

First, she was harassed and then second, she was still harassed! This can't continue anymore.

"Don't worry. We'll be able to solve this once we get to my place. I'd study these symbols or even contact someone who can help me."

Old Naforced a laugh and then reminded everyone that they should already rest.Thinking about the solution right now will not be helpful. Ceres, on the otherhand, was only thinking how troublesome the protective array was. But, she alsoresigned into thinking that hard because she still lacks knowledge and skillsin making arrays. -tbc