97

It was one of the ancient families who spoke amidst the discussions in the main hall and the silence of both Arcyl and the Emperor.

"First prince, I can say that you have done well to have lived past 20 years, even almost reaching 30, with your so-called death threats and assassination attempts. However, it is still not enough to cause this disaster and attack the royal palace."

It is true that in the struggle for power, one must always remember that the life of a loved one is always on the line. Everyone in this main hall knew of such fact. As such, one can only strive to be strong and influential in order to keep his loved ones safe.

"I cannot agree more."

It was Arcyl who once again spoke.

"Even if the Empress was killed, how can you lay your hands on this city and its people? We still don't know who wanted to kidnap the Fay kingdom's princess and who really killed the Empress. Thus, attacking this palace when those things have just happened, doesn't that imply that you knew everything too well?"

Glenn didn't respond immediately and instead, signaled for his retainer to get closer. Then, his retainer retrieved a talisman which Glenn also showed to everyone.

The talisman was only a piece of elongated paper that has weird symbols on it. Those symbols represent magical arrays.

"I trust that everyone know of this. If not, let our magician friends explain this thing. Because, recorded in this talisman was the conversation of the perpetrator of this incident."

It was one of the headmaster of Heaven's Peak who spoke to explain things.

"The matters of this kingdom are outside our jurisdiction. However, we cannot let this kingdom fall because its people are also supporters of our schools. Moreover, since a student of ours is a prince of this kingdom, let me help in this situation."

Glenn respectfully gave the talisman to the headmaster of Heaven's Peak.

"This talisman is imbued with magical arrays that records voices. One only needs to use spiritual essence to activate such thing. This will then, record something or relay what is recorded in it. In this case, let me activate this so that everyone will be able to know what's in it."

The headmaster smiled and imbued the talisman with his spiritual essence. All magicians know that it is enough to use ample amount of spiritual essence to know what's inside the talisman. The talisman will then relay the information in one's ears. But, if one wanted to let everyone hear what's recorded in it, one must also expend a significant amount of spiritual essence.

Everyone only felt a gust of wind when suddenly, voices were heard out of nowhere.

"Kill the first prince in the banquet."

"Sure thing. However, it would be troublesome if something happens."

"If you cannot kill him, at least kill someone with him."

"This will be expensive, okay? The banquet would hold a lot of important guests including the magicians around the kingdom. You know this is not an easy thing to do. That person would charge you with an enormous fee."

"No problem. Those magicians wouldn't give a damn about the kingdom's affairs. Also, as long as the plan proceeds, everything will be worth it."

"Your backing is really something, huh?"

"Of course, the Emperor surely rewards his people generously."

"That's it then. I will be on my way."