120

A guy suddenly showed up after one of my missions. I was done killing this certain person and unexpectedly, he came right after.

"Why aren't you talking?"

I was planning on ignoring him but I still need to absorb the blood essence of the person I just killed. And, he can't see it. I need to move the body somewhere else.

"Can we be friends? Or accomplices if you're not that friendly? What do you say?"

Apparently, he was also an assassin. I can smell it. He also reeks of blood.

"Okay, accomplices it is!"

I was figuring out how to move the body somewhere else so that he won't be able to disturb me.

"Oh! You want to be friends?"

But, because he was too noisy, I can't concentrate.

"I'm glad you said yes beca---"

"I didn't."

"Hahaha! You finally talked! I thought Blood Snow is mute but then again, you aren't."

I glared at him. It is my signal that we just separate ways from now on.

"I'm kidding, alright?"

Finally, I can use my abilities. I concentrated the blood essence from the person I killed and placed it in an ice bottle that I've made.

"That is really something. Wow."

I was preparing to leave.

"Wait, wait! I'm Thousand Face! If you need anything just call me!"

That was the first time we met. He was a new assassin making a name for himself while I was someone who inherited my name and status.

I thought we wouldn't be able to meet each other again or that we will just ignore each other but, fate is like a naughty child. We keep on meeting and he kept on talking like usual.

"What's your real name, huh?"

I was taken aback by what he just said. I stopped from fleeing and stood right there. Why would he ask something like that? I'm Blood Snow. I'm not someone else. I'm just Blood Snow. I will forever be Blood Snow.

"I was just wondering. Blood Snow has been a legend since old times, you don't look old. So, who are you really?"

"I..."

Just when I was about to answer him, I heard the distress signal that my clan uses. It is something unique that only those from our clan know.

I was about to go when he caught my arm and pulled me back

"Wait."

I faced him waiting for what he was about to say.

"Well, don't mind my question. No matter who you are. You will always be the Blood Snow that I know."

After that, he released my arm.

"Go. You have somewhere else to go, right?"

I bit my lip and went ahead.

When I came back to our clan, everybody was gathered at the shrine. Granny has her eyes close; seemingly waiting for me.

"The barrier is weakening."

I stopped my feet from taking another step forward.

Granny opened her eyes and looked at me.

"What is happening? How come you can't feel it?"

"I..."

"You have to kill more people. The children are not yet ready for the ceremony."

I nodded. I knew from then on, my time as Blood Snow was coming to an end.

That was the time when I killed non-stop; day and night. All I did was kill people. Even those who aren't in my list, they were killed. I would have killed an innocent child if it wasn't for Thousand Face.

"What are you doing?!"

I looked at him. His brows were wrinkled and his eyes were kind of scary.

"Stop this. This isn't you."

I was about to ignore him but he started attacking me. We fought. That was the first time we fought and the first time we used all of our cards against each other.

It wasn't a draw. I lost. I used a lot of energy to kill numerous people and thus, I was exhausted in our fight.

"Can we just stop this? This is a silly fight. You aren't supposed to be doing this killing spree."

I didn't know why but I just fell on my knees and I started recalling everything. I cried my heart out that night. I cried in front of him. It was the first time I cried after the trial.

And, he was just there; hugging and comforting me; saying everything will be alright.

I never felt warmth before.

It was the first time and I liked it; more than the cold. 

---

A/N: Halluuuu! I am still alive. Thank you very much for waiting! You guys don't know how much it means to me that there are those who read this story and wants more. I'm deeply grateful for all of you. *sends virtual hug to everyone*

Though Ceres didn't appear in these chapters, please wait for her. Everything is related. Please keep on supporting this story. 

Thank you very much for all the votes, likes, messages, comments, etc! Thank youuuuu!!!

PS. I'm doing Ceres and BTE book 2 so really, the updates are soooooo late. But, thank you guys for waiting!!