18

"You pay with your life or your fate but how come you are still alive right now? If you changed a lot of things back then, how did you survive?"

"A certain way to oppose the huge payment is to become strong. One must be strong enough to carry the burden of all the consequences one's actions would make. I enhanced my spiritual body and gathered enormous amounts of spirit essence among other things to master my attribute. This helped me control time with fewer conditions and lesser toll on my body and lifespan."

"Strong?"

"When I say strong, it doesn't only pertain to your body but also to your mind, heart, and soul."

Old Na saw that Ceres became confused.

"You would probably know this as you get older. I already told you about my attribute. Now let me see what I can teach you. The moment you teleported, you didn't feel anything strange, right?"

Ceres said that she only felt her spirit essence depleted. Her physical body was the same however, her spirit essences were exhausted and she had to replenish them immediately. She couldn't also transfer a lot of essences in a distance further than those three meters.

"It seems to me that your teleportation only needs spiritual essence. It's good that your rate of replenishment is faster than most of the people. I cannot tell you about other abilities related to space because I'm not that knowledgeable on that area and also, it may be dangerous for you. Let's leave the rest of the space attribute lessons to the Space Mage. Now, can you try probing me with your spiritual essence? If you feel anything strange, stop immediately and if I told you to stop, you also have to stop. Understood?"

Ceres started channeling her spiritual essence onto Old Na. The moment her spiritual essence came into contact with his spiritual body, she once again saw images. However, the difference was that these images were a lot more than what she previously saw during Old Na's probing. Moreover, there were a lot of branching images and blurred ones. She can at most see two clear images and the rest were all blurry.

She questioned the possibility of hundreds or even thousands of images running through her mind at the same time but when, she heard Old Na said stop, she immediately opened her eyes. She saw Old Na in front of her with a worried face and she turned her head to her side only to see Gil looked as if he was about to kill Old Na.

"I told you to stop but you weren't listening! Tell me, what do you feel? Is there something wrong with your body?"

She arranged herself and sat properly. She told them that she felt dizzy but there's nothing wrong with her body; only that, her spirit essence was also depleted. Ceres wouldn't feel dizzy or tired just because her spiritual essence was used up. Her training these past few months enabled her to cope with the stress of draining her spiritual essences. She also didn't want to depend on her spiritual essence because she won't be able to fight if it's entirely gone. This is the reason why Old Na felt something was strange when Ceres felt dizzy from examining his spiritual body.

"This is enough for today. Go back to your room and rest. We must clearly analyze everything before proceeding with the lessons."

Just as Old Na was about to leave Ceres, she pulled his sleeves and told him,

"This is nothing. I can still continue."

Old Na became angry.

"What will I do if you suddenly collapsed again or even died in front of me? Don't give me anymore headaches! You must listen to what I say or I wouldn't teach you anything."

In all honesty, Old Na is still thinking a lot about Ceres' abilities.

Gil was about to carry Ceres when she gestured that he need not do it. Her words were for Old Na to hear.

"I saw a lot of images..."

The old man was taken aback by her statement. He wanted to say something but he closed his mouth. He thought for a while before asking Gil to leave. Gil didn't want to because he clearly felt something was wrong with Ceres but Ceres told him that everything will be fine and he need not worry. Only when Gil went outside the room did Old Na started talking.

"What did you see?"

"I saw a lot of images but they were blurred. I can only see two clear ones. One is what happened a while ago and the other is you and Gil fighting while I lay on the ground unconscious."

"You said that you saw a lot of images but they are blurred?"

"Yes. Hundreds, thousands, I cannot count because I opened my eyes before I could finish processing everything."

"When I probed you, you saw the immediate future specifically four images of it. But, you only exhausted you spiritual essence, right?"

"Yes."

"But when you probed me, you saw numerous images which you cannot even count and were even blurred except for two which happened a while ago and the other..."

Just when he was talking, he realized something. He stared at Ceres while thinking about something and massaging his forehead.

"This is... Oh no, no, no."

"Is there something wrong?"

Old Na opened his eyes and looked at Ceres with a serious face. His eyes seemed to warn her of something really dangerous.

"Donot repeat this again. Do not reveal this information to other people. Make anoath to me about this, right here and right now, or I won't really teach youanymore."#T) -tbc