88

The banquet before the start of Winsterein competition is where people of different position and status gather; those with enough background, power and resources, of course. As such, it is a much waited event and also an event that some people want to avoid.

Royal guards were placed at different strategic positions in the royal palace. Even those from the military where asked to help and make sure that everyone will be safe. If anything happens to those that the Winsterein kingdom does not wish to offend then, it's the end of their reign.

Two announcers were placed at the entrance of the main hall to announce the arrival of each guest. Without any invitation, those people who wish to enter would not be able to enter and instead, be kicked out or killed silently somewhere else.

"Headmaster and delegates from the Blue Seafaring School!"

"Headmaster and delegates from Winsterein Royal Military School!"

"Governor Keng Rudolf of the Foundour City!"

"Governess Michelle Wales of Alinsyrn City!"

Every time the announcers would raise their voice, all the people inside the hall would turn their heads toward the main entrance. This is because everyone is looking forward to who is coming inside and also, making connections to whoever it was.

"Headmaster and delegates from Heaven's Peak!"

Hearing such announcement made everyone's voices a bit of louder. This is because Heaven's Peak is known as the second most powerful school in Winsterein kingdom. Also, it's not like these people could see the students and teachers of Heaven's Peak whenever they want to. This is, of course, a good opportunity to catch some big fish particularly for those who wanted to forge alliance through marriage.

"The headmaster looks young! Are they sure he already reached 70?"

"He's proficient in magic so of course, he looks young!"

"That's Evelyn Bonafeir! Isn't she one of the elders of the school?"

"She looks beautiful!"

"Isnt she the royal third prince's master?"

"There he is! The third prince! Finally!"

"They led the delegates, huh? Seems like the third prince is really a prized disciple of Heaven's Peak."

"If he is a prized disciple, wouldn't it mean that the first prince will become the next emperor?"

"Be quiet! If someone hears you, you might get into trouble. There is still an on-going struggle between the forces of those two."

"But..."

Just before the noise quieted down, the announcer made another announcement.

"The Ho---Holy Child of the Holy Cross Church and delegates from the Holy Cross Academy!"

Even the announcer stumbled at his own words. Roven kindly smiled at him and did not mind his mistake.

"The Holy Child! It's the Holy Child!"

"What is he doing here?"

"Didn't think that this banquet would house more incredible people than the previous one."

Because of the appearance of the Holy Child, the people at the banquet immediately headed to greet him. It is said that a bless from the Holy Priest and Holy Child would bring luck to anyone.

Also, because the Holy Priest and Holy Child are known to be kind-hearted and welcoming, they do not really reject or decline that much. As such, this is really a good opportunity for people to get the Holy Child's favor.

Of course, one of these people who wanted to get in touch with the Holy Child is Dotrald. However, he wouldn't be so open and vulgar like others. He could only wait for his opportunity; a good opportunity.

Just when everyone thought that nobody could defeat the commotion of the Holy Child's arrival, the announcer was once again, dumbfounded.

"Second royal prince Orion Winsterein... Of the Hunts family!"

This sudden announcement made a huge ruckus. First is because the second prince known as a wild and carefree prince was attending the banquet and second, he did not represent the royal family but his mother's lineage: Hunts family! It is one of the most powerful and ancient families in the whole Winsterein kingdom.

"Why is the second prince...?"

"Hunts family... I thought no one would come from them."

"The second prince representing the Hunts family sure is an unpredicted event."

Only those from the ancient families knew something big would happen. The tides may really be changing this time. These people include Arcyl.

"I never thought that old man... Heh. Maybe, it's not late for a change of scene."

Everyone knew that ancient families remained silent regarding the political struggle between the first and third prince's factions. However, with the second prince's appearance, it seems like the ancient families could now smile and wait for something amusing and worthwhile.

The royal emperor was, however, looking for Orion when he was surprised that the latter would dare announce his arrival and even using that silly Hunts as his status. Dwight, then, could only grit his teeth and try to remain calm.

This was his plan? Why didn't I think that useless son of mine would take this opportunity to announce his position!?

Glenn was beside Dwight and his mother, Elisea, the royal empress. He was also surprised at Orion's tactics but he did not mind. After this banquet, he knew that there will definitely be a change in this kingdom.

"Silly brat, huh? Glenn, don't mind him. I'm sure that whatever happens, you will still be the rightful heir to this kingdom."

Elisea smiled at Glenn. It was such a kind and loving smile that a mother would give her child. But hidden within that smile is the viciousness of an empress who wants to rule the kingdom. Glenn knows all about this and could only nod and smile towards his mother.

Soon... Very, very soon.

Glenn walked towards the Fay kingdom's royal siblings and told them to be ready. Of course, Lennard and Leona were all smiles but they knew something was off with this banquet already.

"The Fay kingdom's royal siblings, crown prince Lennard Reynolds and princess Leona Reynolds!"

To settle down the commotion brought by Orion's arrival, Glenn thought that it is much better to let the Fay kingdom show their presence already. This, in turn, helped the people ease their minds and look forward to the Fay kingdom's royal siblings.

The Fay kingdom's royal siblings proceeded to the front and waited for the royal family instead. They made gestures here and there but did not talk that much to anybody. It is understandable because of the position they hold.

Right after the Fay kingdom's royal siblings, the royal family came forth. In front was Dwight as the royal emperor and by his side was Elisea as the empress. Glenn was behind them as the first son and first prince.

With this, everything was settled and the banquet would finally start! -tbc

A/N: I really have this bad feeling...