33

"Yes, hire me. I'll give your enemies the bitter taste of revenge."

Ceres didn't look like she was joking. At the moment, Orion can't help but be confused. Gil, on the other hand, looked like it was nothing. Deep inside, he was worried about the princess.

Ceres brought out a small bottle and placed it on the table. It was the bottle containing the parasite that she got from Liuis' body. One can see that the parasite inside was not moving. It's a small reddish brown thread-like parasite. One cannot even see the difference between its head and tail due to it being so small.

"This became thread-like because it exhausted all the essences it has absorbed and thus, died. This is the original appearance of the parasite that lived inside Liuis' body. Don't underestimate this one because it has devoured numerous parasites to survive and became incredibly strong."

Poison masters would usually have this kind of parasite. They would place different types of deadly parasites in a host's body and the one who survives will be the strongest parasite. Of course, the host cannot be some weakling. The prerequisite is that you also have a strong host to endure the numerous parasites fighting for survival. This also serves as a torture. Poison masters do this in order to obtained different types of toxins as well as use the parasite for torture purposes.

"Poison master...? So our enemies hired a poison master? How did my grandfather acquire this thing?"

Orion can't believe that someone would really torture a person using such tactics as well as obtain something that can be used to deal with other people.

"Every parasite is different from each other in many ways. This particular one can infect its host through ingestion. However, to be able to live long outside a host's body, it needs a specific herb."

"What herb is it? How can it help us identify the culprit?"

"Star-petal ice flower."

One knows that Star-petal ice flower is a type of plant that grows in extremely cold areas. It can only be found in the northern most part of Winsterein kingdom. The herb is beneficial for those with water attribute since it is an ingredient in pills they can use. Also, it can help cure certain diseases. To acquire this herb, one must go venture the snowy lands of the north and go through snowstorms. Aside from that, a certain parasite lives off from this herb and if not careful, one may get infected causing severe rise in the body's temperature as well as lack of fluids in the body.

For the parasite to be infective, it has to be raised in star-petal ice flower outside its host's body. The parasite will not be able to live that long outside a host's body and without the said herb.

The star-petal ice flower market is not large. In reality, there is a monopoly on the distribution and selling of this herb which belongs to the merchant company, Golden Rovers.

Moss Valley is the territory of the Hunts family. However, through generations, the Hunts family's power declined and the city is now controlled by three powerful families. One of which is the Tanumo family known for their herb merchandise. Recently, they almost drove the Dante family out of the Moss Valley because of some issues in their products. Dante family is the third most powerful family in Moss Valley and yet, they almost got erased in the history because of the Tanumo family. In short, what is left for the Tanumo family is to drive the Hunts family to control the whole Moss Valley. Moreover, Tanumo family is associated with the Golden Rovers due to a lot of their deals.

"Tanumo family and Golden Rovers? Why do they need to cooperate and eradicate everyone in Moss Valley?"

Orion put his hands on his head and became more confused. This is precisely why he doesn't want to get involved in any disputes or power struggles. But, being born in such a family, though it was not his choice, he also can't do anything.

"Your question is something I cannot answer."

The truth is that Ceres obtained a lot of information through Gil. Thus, she also knew why the two worked together to eradicate the Hunts family with the silent approval and push of the royal family. The Hunts family has lesser power and influence in the Moss Valley compared to the past years. However, they still control a lot of major areas in the city and a lot of major resources. One of the areas they have control happens to have an abundant source of spirit ore but due to that area being weak, Liuis didn't allow mining.

Spirit ores are highly sought by every mage. It can help in manufacturing spirit weapons as well as aid in cultivation. It currently has a high price in the market due to the short supply. Despite this fact, Liuis does not want to mine these ores. He and the elders agreed to take care of their areas and the people rather than gain money. Tanumo family wanted that specific area but they cannot get the deed because the Hunts family holds it and it was particularly given by the previous emperor of the kingdom as a dowry for Orion's mother. The previous emperor knew that the Hunts family would take care of the area and given them such a deed to be taken care of.

It's natural that Orion does not know about it because aside from not wanting to get involved, the information was also kept from everyone except for Henry. The truth is that, Liuis and the other elders have already known the culprit behind Liuis' disease. However, they cannot openly fight the Tanumo family because of the issue regarding the spirit ore. If it gets released, Moss Valley would result in chaos. The mining area is too weak which would result to the destruction of the mountain and the lands and in turn, massive landslides.

The current emperor is not as good as the previous one. He does not care that much for the destruction of Moss Valley, if he can even get hold of that mining area, he would be happy since it could increase the source of income of the kingdom. This is also why Liuis knew that somehow, the current emperor is also involved in this.

Almost all the major families in the kingdom are loyal to the previous emperor. Even though this incident may result in the eradication of Hunts family, Liuis still thinks that he can never give the deed to just anyone. He wanted to save his family as well as the deed and all he can think of is passing the deed to another person.

"...But your vengeance, I can carry out. Hire me and I can even eradicate the Tanumo family."

In the midst of Orion's confusion and deep thinking, Ceres blurted out things that are out of this world. How can a mere child be able to easily dirty his hands with blood? Orion does not know if Ceres is a savior or someone who'll bring destruction to his life.

On theother hand, Ceres loves to do such jobs. She also wanted to test herassassination skills in this world. Moreover, she wanted to draw out one of thepopular assassins of this kingdom, Poisoned Ghost Body.  -tbc