86

The banquet starts at around six in the evening. It comprises of a dinner where the tables are scattered around the hall and everyone can sit or stand while eating. The food will be served in those tables and also, there will be tables at the sides of the hall which will also serve food in case one wants something else. In addition, servants will roam around the hall to serve other things such as snacks and drinks.

There will also be live music prepared by some members of the royal orchestra. Even though there is no one singing, the music helps lighten the mood. Well, the banquet may be something to ease the pressure on the participants but that is not the real case. This banquet has a much deeper meaning than what it looks like. Also, even though the tables will be scattered around the hall, there will be a specified place in the middle of the hall for some exchange of pointers between the youngsters. As such, this banquet is something that will really measure the participant's abilities. There is also an unwritten rule that if one is asked to participate in an exchange of pointers, if one does not have enough reason and value, one cannot decline. Well, such is the way of these people.

The royal family has their table in the front where the royal seats are also located. However, only the royal emperor and empress have seats for such table. In some cases, the previous emperor and empress will also have designated seats in the royal table. But, since the previous emperor and empress are no longer in this world, the royal seats are only allocated for the current emperor and empress. In addition, the royal princes have to associate themselves with different people and thus, do not necessarily have to sit together with their father. However, in previous occasions, whenever the royal family wants to curry favor from powerful people, they let those people sit with them. In this case, the royal family plans on having the Fay kingdom's royal siblings eat with them on the royal table.

Even though there is a specific time for the start of the banquet, guests start coming early. Usually the road to the royal palace would be packed with a lot of carriages and thus, making one to wait longer compared to normal days. Aside from the participants and royal guests, powerful families as well as officials from around the Winsterein kingdom were also invited to attend the banquet. Politically speaking, this occasion is to build bridges between different kinds of people with status and position. Furthermore, this banquet helps in allowing the common people with enough background and magicians to associate with each other.

Back in Leona's room, Ceres stepped aside right exactly when Leona opened the door. Leona obviously forced herself not to cry. Even though she applied some make up, her red eyes gave away her tears that did not fall. Looking at Leona, Ceres could only smile a little which then caught Leona off guard.

"You---"

Before Leona could speak, Ceres said,

"Don't worry, you still look beautiful."

Then, Ceres helped Leona pull down her veil. It was as if Leona forgot that she has to wear the veil in the banquet or else, a commotion would start.

Such action made it seem like Leona and Ceres were close to each other.

On the other hand, all of a sudden, Leona's eyes went bigger and she started blushing. She was even frozen on the spot and could not retaliate to Ceres touching her veil and being so close to her.

She didn't know why but hearing Ceres speak like that was the first time for her. Leona was used to people adoring her looks but in her heart, Ceres was different from other people. Ceres is probably the only person who did not care about her status and looks at all. Thus, hearing Ceres spoke such words made her heart skip a beat.

Right after pulling down the veil, Ceres said more words but those words only helped Leona come back to reality.

"Be careful tonight. Avoid running on your own."

Ceres then, stepped aside and posed like the usual royal guard she was. It was at this moment that Leona noticed her brothers coming towards them. However, Lennard was walking in front and Leonard does not utter any word at all.

"How was everything? Helen is not here to serve you so did you find anything difficult at all? I can help you if you want."

Lennard was like how he usually is; the big brother who spoils his sister.

"I'm fine, first brother. Is it time already?"

"Yes. It's unusual that you actually got out of the room before I came."

Leona started remembering what happened earlier: the talk with Ceres. Then, she started blushing. Of course, this didn't escape Lennard's meticulous "big brother" eyes.

"Did something happen?"

Lennard faced Ceres and started half-closing his eyes to interrogate Ceres. Leona saw how silly her brother is and started saying that nothing was wrong.

"First brother, this is the first time I will see the third prince and..."

Hearing such words from Leona made Lennard turn to face her and furrow his brows. Lennard didn't like the start of her sentence.

"I just want to talk to the third prince if I can have the time."

Lennard coldly snorted.

"You know that it is not appropriate for two people of opposite genders to talk to each other alone, right? Much more if those two people are supposed to be engaged to each other."

"But, how can I know him if I can't even talk to him?"

"No can do."

"Cerio will be with me."

Lennard hurriedly shifted his head towards Ceres position.

"If he is..."

Leona placed one of her hands on her chest and heaved a sigh.

"First brother, I only wanted to tell the third prince that I do not wish to marry him. I will only marry someone whom I want and..."

Leona started blushing which again didn't escape Lennard's eyes.

"...Enough about this talk. Let's just go to the main hall. If you do not wish to marry that brat then, don't. We are only here to give face to the royal emperor of this kingdom. That's all."

However, despite Lennard's warning, Leona still thinks that it is much appropriate for her and the third prince to talk about their engagement. She thinks that it is her job to tell him why she doesn't want to marry him.

Lennard started walking away and Leona followed him as they walk side by side. Leonard and Ceres were walking behind them and were still not talking. They, of course, are doing their jobs and avoiding any suspicions.

Gil,on the other hand, was hiding in the shadows. Everything that happened did notescape his senses. Hence, he could only sigh and wish from the bottom of hisheart that Fay kingdom's princess won't be in his master's black list. -tbc   

A/N: Today, I received some news. All I can say is that, it's never too late to do what you want to do. However, life is sometimes difficult to comprehend. It won't give something without making you suffer a little. Anyway, I will still try my best and hopefully, you guys too, try everything you can and live without regrets! :D

I promised myself that I will post an update today if I can give you guys a ten-chapter update. I'm guessing you already understood what I meant. ^^ So, without further interruptions, please enjoy today's update! Enjoy reading!!!