47

"Mother only stated that there will be forces trying to kill you because that is the last message she received and right when you were born."

Forces trying to kill Ceres, huh? But Ceres is already dead. Does that mean that these forces would stop already? So... Can I live peacefully now?

Then again, I have a rare attribute. This still doesn't ensure a quiet life for me, Ceres thought.

"For people to try and kill you, I first concluded that it was because you possess a rare attribute. However, the moment you tested your magic attribute, it was not the case. And also, I was relieved when I saw that you don't have one."

Cerbous sighed and looked at Ceres once more.

"I'm sorry. I know that I shouldn't be saying that but, I can only feel you'll be safer if you live normally."

Come on, man. How would Ceres live normally if you and father are exceptional while she was a trash? This is what Ceres thought at that moment.

"But knowing that you were killed even though you didn't have any attribute still makes sense with all those that mother had said. You will still be hunted. We just don't know if it was even a person or just a natural occurrence."

Cerbous have a point. If the heavenly laws wanted Ceres dead, it doesn't necessarily have to be a person. It could be anything.

However, Ceres was supposed to meet the third prince on the day she was killed.

I probably shouldn't tell him about that because he might go to that prince and cause some ruckus. Now that I know there are more mysterious things behind Ceres and me, I should solve them one at a time. Regarding how Ceres died, it is better to ask that stupid childhood friend than this brother of mine.

The remaining questions now are: 1. how did Ceres end up at the Heaven and Earth's End; 2. if the previous Ceres was the target, is she now safe, and; 3. why do the heavens even want Ceres dead?

"Big brother, I have another question."

Cerbous nodded as if saying that she can ask anything.

"My teacher told me that my spiritual body was damaged before I took the magic attribute test. Do you have any recollection of how? I can't really remember anything. Is it perhaps while I was still in mother's womb? Or is it also heavenly laws acting against me?"

"I know that mother did have a complication while you were still in her womb but... She never told us anything about your spiritual body being damaged. Maybe it really is part of the complicated pregnancy she had... I'm not sure..."

Cerbous placed one of his hands on his chin. He seems to be recollecting some memories.

"But... I did feel that you have magic inside you. I just didn't test it out before you were five. You were always watching me train, anyway... Or, could it be... That stupid prince?"

"...The third prince? What about him?"

Who among the princes of Winsterein kingdom is Ceres close to? Of course, that stupid childhood friend! But, based on Ceres' memories, they were only close and she didn't recall anything unusual with him.

So it all comes to down to him again. Now I'm more hype to ask that guy about everything he needs to tell me.

"You don't remember? Ever since that prince came by, he was always sticking to you. Whenever he sneaks into our mansion, it is always to look for you. He sometimes even asks you to accompany him. Those were the only moments that I can think of about something happening to you."