49

That night, the mysterious man appeared once more in Ceres' room.

"I'm glad you've waited for me."

The mysterious man smiled as soon as he saw Ceres.

Ceres was sitting near a table and drinking tea. She waited for the man to appear because she knew that he would.

The mysterious man sat across Ceres. He grabbed the tea pot and decided to pour tea to both his and Ceres' tea cups.

"...Name."

"Huh?"

The mysterious man stopped pouring tea when Ceres suddenly spoke.

"I didn't get your name last time."

"So you want to know my name..."

Ceres only nodded even though she wanted to talk back. Why would she even ask in the first place if she didn't want to know?

He continued pouring tea to the cups and when he was done, he lifted one cup and drank the tea.

"This is really your favorite, huh? I'm starting to love this one."

Ceres didn't speak and only stared at the man across her. She was only asking his name, why can't he tell her? Or even a false name would do in this situation, right?

"If you keep on staring at me like that, I might not be able to resist eating you."

Ceres shivered and immediately looked away.

If there's one thing about Ceres that the mysterious man can't take, it's her eyes. He loved it. Those eyes of hers that sparkles and glistens even though there are no tears are his favorite of all. He might even be able to live without caring for other things if he can indulge himself with her gaze.

"My name is something that you shall remember in time. You have to remember it on your own because it would be meaningless if I say it instead."

He placed his tea cup on the table and quietly stared at Ceres who was looking on the floor.

Ceres was perplexed at his statement. Remember his name? Did he tell her before? If he did... Does he know that she has missing memories? To what extent does this guy knew her?

"You have a lot of questions for me aside from my name. That is certainly something that I know. But, I'm still glad that you first asked my name. This made me very, very, very happy indeed. This trip is definitely pleasing."

"I asked because you saved me before. I don't know anything about you but you know me... That is quite... Unfair."

The mysterious man softly laughed. He was amused. As to what amused him, we will only know in the future.

"Do you think everything in this world is fair?"

Ceres felt his gaze. She looked at him only to see the man looking at her, too.

The mysterious man suddenly stood up and walked towards Ceres. He stopped in front of her and his gaze not leaving her.

Ceres didn't feel any danger as she really never did whenever she's with him. Although it's like that, she still wanted to get away from him but she wasn't able to move from her spot. It still comes down to the difference in their powers.

Then, he reached out to her hair and gently caressed it.

"How many times did his gaze land on you? How many times did he touch your hair or your hand? How many times did he hug you? Tell me, princess."