74

Ceres knew about Leona's situation beforehand due to Gil. But, she knew the truth when she healed Leona and maybe, she is the only person who knows about it.

Princess Leona Reynolds of Fay kingdom is useless?

Leona was even one of the most gifted people Ceres has come across to. It was only a pity that their family didn't know much. Hence, it led to them misunderstanding her condition and ignoring any options for Leona. But, if the royal family and their servants heard Ceres say those words, they would cough out blood. Who didn't know what the royal family did to improve Leona's condition? They almost emptied out the kingdom's resources in the past and even expend everything they could only to look for any experts that may help the princess.

It's just that, Leona's case was really special.

Aside from Leona's case, the people also started gossiping about other things. These didn't escape the ears of those with enhanced hearing.

"Don't you think that it's much better to have a woman with both beauty and talent for our third prince instead of only that with beauty?"

"Aren't you forgetting about the princess coming from a powerful kingdom, too?"

"That is her family, not her. But anyway, it's political marriage so it's given that she will only be married because of the kingdom she came from."

"It's a pity for those who deserve the third prince more."

"Wait, are you talking about general Dotrald's daughter?"

"Well, I heard that the general also proposed a marriage for the third prince and his daughter. It's just that, somehow, the news stopped coming about what happened after."

"Maybe they stopped the spreading of news since the emperor prioritized the Fay kingdom's alliance through marriage."

"Aren't the Ellions fitting to marry into the royal family? They have been serving the country for so long. And this generation, they produced an exceptional girl, too."

"Do you think it's unfair to give the chance to the Fay kingdom instead of our own? Well, you're wrong! What is an alliance to another kingdom compared to other things? Also, the third prince can still have general's daughter as a concubine, right?"

"Well, even though the general's daughter has both looks and talent, she still can't compare to how close the third prince is to her cousin."

"The second miss of Ellion family, young miss Ceres, huh? That good for nothing daughter of one of the greatest generals we've ever had. It's a pity that she didn't inherit her father's talents unlike her brother."

Hearing this, Gil immediately sent out something that made the person who said those words faint without anyone noticing. This made a small ruckus since a stand-by suddenly fainted on the sidewalk without anyone knowing why.

Ceres looked at Gil and then, sent a transmission to him through telepathy.

"Don't do anything unnecessary."

Gil could only nod. It's just that even though he didn't know Ceres before and was only serving her according to his master's orders, he still thought that a comment like that was an insult to her and his master. Thus, he took the liberty of taking an action to stop such things.

After the commotion settled down and everyone was informed that the commoner was already okay, the gossips continued as if nothing happened. And worst, it even got louder that those without enhanced hearing can already hear it.